Pocono - 3 very distinct turns
Road America - 14 very distinct turns
Le Mans - ~16 very distinct turns
Sebring - 17 very distinct turns
Nürburgring - 100 very distinct turns

Pocono pwnz. :)

Mark in Oshawa
7th August 2007, 21:14
Erki, you cant let the NASCAR broadcast SPIN meisters get to you.....otherwise you might start believing what you are watching isn't real....

Erki
7th August 2007, 21:50
Erki, you cant let the NASCAR broadcast SPIN meisters get to you.....otherwise you might start believing what you are watching isn't real....

Er..pardon? Are you hinting that the "debris" is actually real? It was pretty funny that during the first debris caution(don't know if there were any more of them as I went asleep around the 100 lap mark) Rusty said something like "Oh I dunno if that debris(piece of tape) could actually cause a puncture...". The commentators seemed to be even a bit on the Robby's side... I expected them to say something like "God bless NASCAR"... although the scoring loop thing by RW did make sense. :)

Still, it was funny to hear about the three distinct turns thing and how they have to pay attention on whereabout they are on the track at a time...

bovic
7th August 2007, 22:12
Montreal, a couple of turns too ;)

Sparky1329
7th August 2007, 22:51
Montreal, a couple of turns too ;)

The scenery is breathtaking too. What a beautiful track!

harvick#1
7th August 2007, 22:56
[quote="Erki"]Er..pardon? Are you hinting that the "debris" is actually real? It was pretty funny that during the first debris caution(don't know if there were any more of them as I went asleep around the 100 lap mark) Rusty said something like "Oh I dunno if that debris(piece of tape) could actually cause a puncture...".
quote]

sad thing is, the announcers didn't pick up Jooyner spining out on purpose, just look at his spin, I'd like to see ESPN pick up the onboard telemetry to see what Jooyner did before the spin, cause it look like a very good controlled spin to get a caution, then it took nascar 5 laps to clean up something, or to give enough time for Jooyner to change the shocks.

also the Montreal track is awesome, but I prefer Lemans :D

Erki
7th August 2007, 23:22
The scenery is breathtaking too. What a beautiful track!

I second this one. :) Just incredible. :)

Mark in Oshawa
8th August 2007, 00:27
Er..pardon? Are you hinting that the "debris" is actually real? It was pretty funny that during the first debris caution(don't know if there were any more of them as I went asleep around the 100 lap mark) Rusty said something like "Oh I dunno if that debris(piece of tape) could actually cause a puncture...". The commentators seemed to be even a bit on the Robby's side... I expected them to say something like "God bless NASCAR"... although the scoring loop thing by RW did make sense. :)

Still, it was funny to hear about the three distinct turns thing and how they have to pay attention on whereabout they are on the track at a time...

I have told this one before, and I will retell it. A friend of mine was a marshal for years and decided to volunteer to work at Watkin's Glen for the Cup event. In the meeting Sunday, this good ole boy NASCAR official comes in and tells all the marshals on the corners "boys, if you hear us on the radio call for a full course yellow because of debris at corner X, and you are at Corner X, don't argue that there is NO debris there, just go along with us.".

So there you go about the intelligence of the people running the show.

As for the intellengence of the broadcasters ( you have to be aware of what corner you are at) this is because most oval track guys have their minds explode at the thought of more than 3 corners. I can imagine what a race at the old Ring would do to these guys.....