PDA

View Full Version : Some problems for Shanghai track

janneppi
7th August 2007, 10:53
According to a Finnish news site, four grandstand were torn up during a storm last Friday.
Officials now fear new stands won't be built in time to do a safety inspection on them.

tina_sum
7th August 2007, 11:48
yup,it's true.
but it's not a big trouble

Valve Bounce
7th August 2007, 12:52
According to a Finnish news site, four grandstand were torn up during a storm last Friday.
Officials now fear new stands won't be built in time to do a safety inspection on them.

Knowing how the Chinese can erect grandstands in short time working around the clock, I can't see this as a problem.

tinchote
7th August 2007, 16:18
Hopefully they'll check the drains in the track, this time ;)

Wilderness
7th August 2007, 16:58
Is the track still (literally) afloat?

CarlMetro
7th August 2007, 17:14
Listen if they need a couple of extra hands to help them on the rebuild, so long as I get a couple of paddock passes and a place to sleep then count me in :D

leopard
9th August 2007, 04:20
Hopefully they'll check the drains in the track, this time ;)
I think shanghai is fine, is this sure not referring to road track of A1 Beijing? ;)

tinchote
9th August 2007, 05:33
I think shanghai is fine, is this sure not referring to road track of A1 Beijing? ;)

Wasn't at Shanghai, that a drain cover opened on a curb, a couple of years ago during the race?

leopard
9th August 2007, 05:46
Wasn't at Shanghai, that a drain cover opened on a curb, a couple of years ago during the race?
That's true, in the such hard rain each race has the same tendency on diabolical drainage.

I was just afraid because I think Beijing was the most not ready to host any single championship for its crowded, narrow, badly asphalted.

ChrisS
9th August 2007, 11:25

Yes, it happened at the F1 race and the Australian V8 Supercars F1 race a few months earlier.

at the A1GP race at the streets of Beijing manhole covers on the roads were dislodged, same thing happened at the DTM race at the streets of Shanghai where F1's safety car driver Bernd Maylander crushed his DTM mercedes on a dislodged manhole cover.

Easy Drifter
9th August 2007, 16:18
It has happened on other street cicuits as well, over the years.