PDA

View Full Version : Todt says Ferrari needs 6 double podiums to win...

Hondo
6th August 2007, 19:55
You reckon the next time Michael shows up to offer professional advice and opinion, there might just be some driving shoes and gloves in his gym bag?

I could see him tail gunning for Kimi to help the team win both championships, especially as silly as this season is turning out.

Daika
6th August 2007, 20:03
No way they achieve that. 1 of the 2 seems always to be in the problems. Raikonnen wins, massa out and vice versa.

kalasend
6th August 2007, 20:49
I feel that if MS and RBrown were working, there would still be hopes and spirits, no matter how harsh the reality is. But with the current team, both championships are just gone.

I think Kimi may actually start to think of his off season whereabouts...

Garry Walker
6th August 2007, 20:51
If Ferrari hadnt had such a pathetic reliability, things could be looking a bit different. In any case, everything is still possible, but it is looking 99% likely that McLaren will take the WDC and WCC. But then again, a big part of that victory has come from Ferrari :rotflmao:

markabilly
6th August 2007, 21:08
Ferrari cast him aside and gave him money to hang around so as to not go off to some othjer team......MS secret was that he oput together that team..no one worked there that MS did not want, and he was as much the team prinicpal as RD.

So when people said MS had the best car, well he was the one ultimately responsible for that.

But what he did was to hire good people and delegate real authority to them. Some military and corporate leaders are very good at this, and will follow those appointed as an example to the team and to validate their authority. When done right, it produces a great team and intense, almost manical loyalty.

That is why there was an occaisnional driver who would fuss, RB or eddie Irvine for example, but they had a tendency to fuss and leave to be back markers at some other team, rather than make a public scene...no way. RB did what he was told because when he went there, he knew that was part of the deal. WHen he did not want to, then he went somewhere else.

RB means ruben NOT ross brawn

markabilly
6th August 2007, 21:11
Ferrari cast him aside and gave him money to hang around so as to not go off to some othjer team......MS secret was that he oput together that team..no one worked there that MS did not want, and he was as much the team prinicpal as RD.

So when people said MS had the best car, well he was the one ultimately responsible for that.

But what he did was to hire good people and delegate real authority to them. Some military and corporate leaders are very good at this, and will follow those appointed as an example to the team and to validate their authority. When done right, it produces a great team and intense, almost manical loyalty.

That is why there was an occaisnional driver who would fuss, RB or eddie Irvine for example, but they had a tendency to fuss and leave to be back markers at some other team, rather than make a public scene...no way. RB did what he was told because when he went there, he knew that was part of the deal. WHen he did not want to, then he went somewhere else.

So when he left, Russ Brawn there or not, the validation of authority and team is slowly but surely falling apart......

leopard
7th August 2007, 03:34
Not fueled car will not win any race, let alone the title ;)

Shalafi
7th August 2007, 05:09
The speed that Kimi had in Hungary was very encouraging. That track was always going to favour Macs a big time over Ferrari. When looking at the tracks in last six races I think Ferrari will have upperhand in everyone of them. Certainly with racepace anyway. So if and its a big if, Ferrari has no reliability issues anymore, 6 double podiums might well come to them. Even 6 wins is a possibility. And it only takes one DNF from Hamilton to make it really tight. So its not over yet. :)

Hawkmoon
7th August 2007, 07:27
Ferrari obviously need to take points off McLaren at every race. To do that they need both cars finishing. I think they have a better chance in the constructor's title than the drivers unless Hamilton has a DNF and Kimi wins. The 10 point turn around would be enough to get Kimi back in it. Without that...... it's too big an ask.

I agree with Shalafi that the pace of the Ferrari in Hungary was a good sign. On a track that should have seen McLaren way ahead, Kimi was slightly quicker than Hamilton and would probably have had a comfortable win had their postions been reversed. That bodes well for the faster circuits we have coming up.

Hondo
9th August 2007, 13:25
I don't think Ferrari can get 6 one-two finishes out of the remaining races with kimi and Massa. I think they could get 6 one-two finishes and nail down the Constructors Championship with Kimi and Michael.

Anybody think Michael could be enticed into the car by Todt, for the rest of the season, with his primary job being to finish second behind Kimi and only going for the win if Kimi had problems? Would he do that for his former/current team or would he demand to be allowed to race for the win?

Would he even be willing to get back into the car?

janneppi
9th August 2007, 13:33
Ms wouldn't be abe to perform any better than Kimi or Massa, in fact he'd probably be stuck behind Sutil, everything about the car has changed and to the best of my knowledge, he hasn't even driven the car much less tested it properly. While MS is a fast driver, he isn't Jesus, let alone Cole Trickle. :)

Brown, Jon Brow
9th August 2007, 13:43
I think that Ferrari are out of the running. Even if the tracks remaining suit them better than McLaren you wouldn't bet against Hamilton or Alonso beating them on race strategy.

The BMW's might have a say on who wins. I t will be interesting to see how fast they are at Monza.

Hondo
9th August 2007, 13:54
Although a Ferrari fan, I do find myself cheering BMW-Sauber on for the title. Considering the dry spell they went through before the dream team, I think Ferrari can survive a few years at #2 or #3 in the constructors championship. For that matter, I'd like to see Williams get one more before Sir Frank gets out of the business.

janneppi, you are probably right about Michael. I wasn't aware he hadn't driven this years car at all. Guess Massa will have to get the job done but I just don't see him being able to hang on Kimi's tail on a regular basis and with both cars equal, I think Kimi has the edge in sheer ability.

Bezza
9th August 2007, 19:51
The BMW's will be quick in Spa and Monza, so they could play a part in taking points off the top two and getting in the thick of it. They will have nothing to lose - comfortably third in the WCC, neither Heidfeld nor Kubica has ever won a race, so they may just take a few risks to get that elusive win.

Also, a wet race, like Nurburgring, can produce anything. Hamilton proved he wasn't a rainmaster with his numerous mistakes, so a wet track will not aid him. And Spa is often wet...!