PDA

View Full Version : Pocono Race

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 18:37
May the race not claim another drivers carrer.
Bobby Allison/Pocono/1988

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 19:26
OK I'm ready.
The intros are over the girls have sung and the cars have been fired. Got my track pas on and I get to watch this one on tv. It may be on a motel tv but its a nice one. Happy motoring and lets pray they'll all finish. Oh thats right we allready did that. Lets go racin.Boogity boogity boogity

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 20:18
Carl's crew seem a little out of sorts. Carl came in quickly for a tire issue and got recalled to rhe pits for a drive through penelty for a fuel infraction.Apparnetly the catch can man was not at the rear of the car when the fuel man stuck the fuel nozzel. into the car.Bad foy for the 99

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 20:19
Carl's crew seem a little out of sorts. Carl came in quickly for a tire issue and got recalled to rhe pits for a drive through penelty for a fuel infraction.Apparnetly the catch can man was not at the rear of the car when the fuel man stuck the fuel nozzel. into the car.Bad foy for the 99

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 20:24
50 laps in:
#2 Bush still in the lead by at least a second.Over Newman,Hamlin,J.Gordon and JR.Montoya and Stewart are running in the top 10 coming fast.

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 20:29
Lap 53 caution. Jr needs adjustments;he states his car is way tight. Johnson was running him down for 5th.The caution is for debri in turn 3.
Bush out 1st. B. LaBonte leads as they cycle through the pit sequences.J. Gordon loses 3 spots and Jr get out in 5th. Hamlin 3rd and Newman 4th

Jonesi
5th August 2007, 20:35
Quote from Tom Jensen on FoxTrax

Lap 51: You sense that a debris caution is inevitable.

Lap 54: Caution No. 2 Debris in Turn 1! Who knew?

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 21:26
lap 55 McMurray gets turned by Ssstremmie after Mac eases up for the turn No other contact Mac ends up at the start of pit lane .
Lap89 Bush still leads with Hamlin waiting patiently for him to burb.J.Gordon is 3rd,Newman then Stewart fifth.Johnson,JR & Burton
Half way Dj expires. Poor luck He looked good in the lead lap all day.Apparently a fuel pump problum.

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 21:30
Quote from Tom Jensen on FoxTrax

Lap 51: You sense that a debris caution is inevitable.

Lap 54: Caution No. 2 Debris in Turn 1! Who knew?

Apparently
Begs to offer is it live or is it memeorex?

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 21:39
Kurt is appox. a full back streach in front of 2nd place J.Gordon.118 laps in as Jeffy pulls into pit lane could be fuel sategy.4 tires and fuel and out he goes.The rest of the front runners coming in now for sceduled green pits.
The temps are coming down as the clock nears 4:30. a whole new race setup and could channge things for JR.
Kurt Bush back in front,J.Gordon,J. Green,Soreenson Newman, and Stewart are the front five.

djparky
5th August 2007, 21:42
yeah it was an obvious time for a "debris" caution...has been a very boring race thus far- as for the ESPN race coverage and commentary team- it's b****y awful- no wonder TV ratings are down in the US

are TNT doing anymore races this year??

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 21:50
Jr's chances got went from hopful to dire.A right front tire according to Jr. But the cameras dont show this He loops the Chevy out of turn 3 and now will go back to 26th position.Rusty says theres something wrong with the car and needs to be looked at for possible adjustments.Alot of the front runners are complaining about the track conditions and trying to fine tune the car all day.As the caution comes out its Bush,Gordon,Newamn,Stewart,Hamlin.
Big points day for Kurt running away with things and Jr having a sour day.

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 21:59
Lap 127 Rusty calls it as "hero to hobo" for the #8 Bud car.
As of now Bush is in 12 for the chase standings.Back to green.
Cloud cover and a little wind as Bush pulls away from the restart.Newman fighting with Gordon and aTony trying to find a friend to follow he decides to go under and make it 3 wide a sBush pulls to a 2 second lead over the pack.Tony has a teammate in Hamlin however Edwards[ a lap down] is in between them.
Lap 130.

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 22:02
Bush still out in front with Newman ,Stewart, Gordon, and Hamlin following.
Tony has to his credit gained 26 positions today and still coming with the fire he has had for the last two races.

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 22:12
Bifle brings out a caution at lap 137. Edwards get back on the lead lap.Jr's team made a right front shock change and is now running strong in 13th.
Newman was catching Bush just as the caution came out.A stop now could determine the final stop of regulation. Bush asking for a slight turn of adjustment and Tony gets fuel and tires.Jr gains 11 spots on the stop so he now is on the same page as the leaders. Running in 5th awaiting the green flag.
Sorenson,Bifle,Mears,Jr,Kenseth,Newman,Hamlin,Gord on,Bush.
Move of the race from 26 to 4th The Budwieser Chevy and crew.

e2mtt
5th August 2007, 22:17
Time for the crowd to roar! Junior leads!

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 22:17
Restart 142-BUSH comes out 9th.Kurt is besides himself.Double file restart.
Jr has moved up to 2nd in one lap and looks like he has things under control.Hamlin makes it 3 wide with Bush and Newman.Bush comes out 4th with Hamlin 5th and Newman 6th as JR gets a lardge ovation from the crowd as he takes the lead on lap145.

call_me_andrew
5th August 2007, 22:18
Earnhardt's leading on lap 145, and I'm suddenly glad I didn't go to the race.

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 22:18
Restart 142-BUSH comes out 9th.Kurt is besides himself.Double file restart.
Jr has moved up to 2nd in one lap and looks like he has things under control.Hamlin makes it 3 wide with Bush and Newman.Bush comes out 4th with Hamlin 5th and Newman 6th as JR gets a large ovation from the crowd as he takes the lead on lap145.

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 22:29
With one pit stop and 150 laps counted off.left Jr is holding off Bush in 2nd and Hamlin, Kenseth,Newman following closely.This is truely a battle for twelth spot for the chase.Lap 153 Bush gets around Jr for 1st.The 4 tires over the two Jr put on has taken its toll on the chevy.Bush's radio communication "Dinner will be red snapper".Gordon,Hamlin,and Stewart fill in the top 5.

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 22:51
Lap 174 Caution, Jr got the lead as he exited the pits only to have Bush return the favor when he exited.Bush, Jr, Hamlin, Gordon, Stewart, Johnson ,Newman, Bowyer, Martin, Kenseth.Top 10
Lap 177 redstart.

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 22:51
Lap 174 Caution, Jr got the lead as he exited the pits only to have Bush return the favor when he exited.Bush, Jr, Hamlin, Gordon, Stewart, Johnson ,Newman, Bowyer, Martin, Kenseth.Top 10
Lap 177 redstart.

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 22:55
Earnhardt's leading on lap 145, and I'm suddenly glad I didn't go to the race.

I would never give going to a race, no matter who won. I went to the Mich races where Bifle won and that was really sad because Tony was strong all day.

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 23:01
There it is lap 181 big wreck Reed Sorenson is involved.Macmurray also his 3rd time in an inncedent today.It appears Edwards got into the back of the 41. Then a chain reaction crash.Mac is out of the car and ok but his car is a mess.Edwards still able to continue.

call_me_andrew
5th August 2007, 23:02
I would never give going to a race, no matter who won. I went to the Mich races where Bifle won and that was really sad because Tony was strong all day.

In 2000, I left the Pocono 500 early because Earnhardt Sr. was leading at the end.

Upon retrospect, that was a mistake.

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 23:10
Bush led for 7 .times totaling 171 laps. A dominating stat at any track.Bush is pulling away from the restart and Tony is fighting hard with Newman. Tony gets his spot and Bush continues to move way from the field.Tony down low and comes out in sixth.Bush 2.5 seconds faster than JR.and 4.3 seconds faster than Hamlin who is in 3rd.Gordon following a close 4th and Johnson runs in 5th.Bush 51 races since his last win.Bush still holds 12 position in the chase as of right now.10 to go.

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 23:17
Harvick/ yesterdays controversional winner is struggling in 17th and Montoya in 16th.
Stewart,ewman, Bowyer,MArtin and Mears round out the top ten with Bush leading Jr,Hamlin,Gordon,& Johnson The top five with 5 to go.

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 23:26
Bush will win the Pocono 500.
Jr after a day of trials and tribulations will come in second.Followed by Hamlin Gordon and Johnson.Kurt will move up one spot to take over 12 in the standings and the race for the chase.Stweart,Newman,Bowyer,Martin, and mears will be the top 10.
A good race imo. lots of over coming the conditions and fixing problums to make for a nice finish. As much as it pains me to say it Bush deserved this win and powered his dodge all day to get it.
Side note congrats to B.LaBonte,K.Petty D.Jarrett, and Kyle Bush for thier finishing efforts.As well as M. Waltrip.

My thoughts
A Miller Light sponsored car with and Anhieser-Bush effigy driver wins at Pocono, A dry county in the pocono mountains of Pennsylvania.

call_me_andrew
5th August 2007, 23:39
It didn't seem very dry when I was there.

And if memory serves, the race was sponsored by Budweiser for some time. Or at least one of them was.

Galveston dunes
6th August 2007, 00:13
It didn't seem very dry when I was there.

And if memory serves, the race was sponsored by Budweiser for some time. Or at least one of them was.

well i guess my hotel was in the dry county.
It was a pun on Bush winning in a Miller Lite car.Maybe you might try not taking me so literally.why not go back and pick out my spelling errors while you're at it. and Stremmie doesn't count. Try to enjoy life and not pick it apart for all its little faults. I for one really don't mind because i'm old enough to know your opinion doesn't mean a hill to me. Have a wonderful day GD

Lee Roy
6th August 2007, 00:53
Hey Galveston Dunes, it was a great race. Glad you got to enjoy it. Maybe Kurt Bush and the #2 are back just in time for a run at the Chase.

Too bad they've turned Kurt into a personality robot. I used to enjoy his petulance.

e2mtt
6th August 2007, 03:18
Hey Galveston Dunes, it was a great race. Glad you got to enjoy it. Maybe Kurt Bush and the #2 are back just in time for a run at the Chase.

Too bad they've turned Kurt into a personality robot. I used to enjoy his petulance.

So that is why you are a fan of his? :-) I never could figure that out...