PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the race - Hungarian Grand Prix

jens
5th August 2007, 17:04
Hard to highlight one particular performance: Hamilton, Räikkönen, Heidfeld, Schumacher, Rosberg, Kovalainen, Webber, Sutil (ahead of Rubens!) - all did a decent job. But probably I'll give my vote to Ralfie-boy, who drove his best race of the season and "lost" a podium place only by 7,5 secs. He finally deserves some credit. :)

Dave B
5th August 2007, 17:12
Hamilton.

Okay we know he was at least partially to blame for Saturday's debacle, but in terms of how he handled Sunday you can not do better than a lights-to-flag victory, fighting a steering problem and with Kimi breathing down your neck all the way.

Hondo
5th August 2007, 17:13
There was no driver of the race. All of them did just about what was expected of them and their equipment. You've got to have a race to have a driver of the race.

markabilly
5th August 2007, 17:21
SATO!!!!

He really stuffed Massa behind him for lap after lap after lap after lap...and after boring lap...

markabilly
5th August 2007, 17:22
RS!!!

He really stuffed FA behind him for lap after lap after lap after lap...and after boring lap...

markabilly
5th August 2007, 17:24
Hamilton.

Okay we know he was at least partially to blame for Saturday's debacle, but in terms of how he handled Sunday you can not do better than a lights-to-flag victory, fighting a steering problem and with Kimi breathing down your neck all the way.
Okay maybe LH

After all, he really stuffed KR behind him for

lap after lap after lap after lap...and after boring lap...

VkmSpouge
5th August 2007, 17:26
No one really did a brilliant job but I do think Ralf Schumacher did well.

tinchote
5th August 2007, 18:18
The race in itself was very boring and uneventful. It was interesting because everything was looked upon the light of the events of Saturday.

That said, LH and KR did a flawless job. But so did most of the front-runners. I would make an exception with FA, who went wide several times; it was an opportunity for him to show he is at a different level, and he didn't show that much.

F1MAN2007
5th August 2007, 18:45
There was no driver of the race. All of them did just about what was expected of them and their equipment. You've got to have a race to have a driver of the race.

I agree with you.

Mclaren was superior to Ferrari, and no way could Kimmi have passed Lewis unless mistake done by Lewis or mechanical failure.

Following his position on grid, Heidfeld with a strong BMW was expected on podium as well.

Rosberg : I think poor strategy didn't pay for him

Ralf : best race for him this season, and he was not expected on podium. Almost impossible to overtake there, that helped him to block FA behind him for so long.

Alonso : for me P5 was his best position and I couldn't imagine overtaking Rosberg on track unless in pits.

Kubica : no way to pass FA

Massa : I expected him to finish in the points, or at least in Top 10. But he proved me wrong.

Ian McC
5th August 2007, 18:49
It was difficult to pick someone out of that, Hamilton for driving a flawless race under pressure maybe, but I think Kimi gets my vote, for getting more out of the Ferrari than anyone expected.

Hendersen
5th August 2007, 18:54
Following his position on grid, Heidfeld with a strong BMW was expected on podium as well.

You expect Heidfeld on the podium with alonso and Kimi behind him, Hamilton in front, in the BMW??? LOL. I don't think I can take you seriously. Sorry. Heidfeild was the driver of the race. Hamilton was getting caught by kimi the majority of the race,despite the fact that the Mclaren was the class of the field in total package.

Sleeper
5th August 2007, 19:17
To behonest, a number of drivers gave good performances but no one gave an excellent performance, so I dont think I have one.

Corny
5th August 2007, 19:21
Massa was the driver of the race.. Muhaha

stevie_gerrard
5th August 2007, 20:08
i think people are forgetting Heikki Kovalainen, who despite being quick in practice had a poor grid position. Despite a poorish start, and the cars in front, he still continues to be the man getting into the points every race, even if it is only a couple at a time. Comfortably beat his team-mate as well, that is the performance that stands out for me.

Kevincal
5th August 2007, 20:18
It's hard to have a driver of the race with a CRAP track like that...

El Sween
5th August 2007, 21:54
Heidfeld.

pettersolberg29
5th August 2007, 22:23
Heidfeld by a mile...

F1MAN2007
5th August 2007, 22:51
You expect Heidfeld on the podium with alonso and Kimi behind him, Hamilton in front, in the BMW??? LOL. I don't think I can take you seriously. Sorry. Heidfeild was the driver of the race. Hamilton was getting caught by kimi the majority of the race,despite the fact that the Mclaren was the class of the field in total package.

On the circuit reported impossible to overtake that was enough to Heid to hold his position. But if you want, let it be like that so Heidfeild was the driver of the boring race. Is that ok now?! :D

Mikeall
5th August 2007, 23:57
Overall Ralf. Since when have Toyota been anywhere near 40 seconds of a race win? Hamilton was controlled and mature beyond is years but he didn't really have to do anything to keep Raikkonen behind. Raikkonen was fast but why didn't he say to the pits lets try a 3 stop strategy it might just work because he would have known overtaking was impossible. Heidfeld got the podium but Kubica was faster. Kubica was a bit to easy for Alonso. Alonso messed up his start and then tried too hard. Koveleinen did well but he should have qualified better and Sutil deserves a mention for beating Barrichello in a straight fight.

wmcot
6th August 2007, 08:26
Yamamoto - for ending his boring race quickly! :)

Seriously though, I was impressed by Rosberg, but let down by Williams' strategy. Excellent qually, ran as high as 3rd or 4th thru much of the race only for a questionable pit strategy to drag him down.

osg
6th August 2007, 09:17
As much as i don't rate him (as jens well knows ;) ) ...... Ralf was the standout for sure.

pino
6th August 2007, 13:43
Ralf for me, anyone who finish in point with that "car" deserves my vote ;)

race aficionado
6th August 2007, 14:56
The Ham Man.

He withstood the pressure of the weekend + Kimi on his rear view mirrors.

:s mokin:

N. Jones
6th August 2007, 17:38
I wish to add a write-in candidate:

Nobody.

How could anyone be a star of such a boring race?

Garry Walker
6th August 2007, 20:53
Ralf by far. Very good drive by him, one of the best drives of the season. Oh how I would like to be one of his pathetic bashers now :rotflmao:

Shifter
6th August 2007, 22:06
Ralf. He excels in rhythm driving and he used that ability to hoist the Toyota up.

Thor
7th August 2007, 16:10
maybe Ralf Schumacher

Flat.tyres
8th August 2007, 17:00
Ralf by far. Very good drive by him, one of the best drives of the season. Oh how I would like to be one of his pathetic bashers now :rotflmao:

do people really bother bashing Ralf any more? he's hardly worth the bother ;)

being fair, he had a strong race which goes to show he can put in the performance when he wants to. you just have to ask why the threat of the sack spurs him on and why he doesnt have that desire radiating from within himself?

jas123f1
10th August 2007, 00:27
Ralf surprised me - it looks not better than that he starts to wake up from his winter dormant. Maybe it was the Hungarian sun - but what the reason ever was - i give him my vote. :)

Roamy
11th August 2007, 05:22
The Pace Car !!

Ranger
11th August 2007, 07:19
Ralf and especially Nico both did good. The former proves that both Toyota drivers can be decent when they feel like it.

XR8
11th August 2007, 07:58
Now to be fair Mallen, Dont you think that just maybe the car was a bit better at this race?

rohanweb
11th August 2007, 10:47
Ralf for holding off charging Alonso for most of the time.. that Toyota was good isnt it?