Eki
3rd August 2007, 15:00
On the Welsh Riviera?

Erki
3rd August 2007, 15:16
Revelation of the day. :)

Josti
3rd August 2007, 15:16
Damn you Daniel :D , though the Ford battle is killing exciting from your computer.

Mickey T
3rd August 2007, 16:47
donīt have to wish i was there.

i am there...

bet you didnīt see petter crying in the first service...

leno
3rd August 2007, 16:52
petter was craying?

Mickey T
3rd August 2007, 22:27
yep. toys out of the cot

JAM
4th August 2007, 00:15

Why? Was he expecting to lead the rally with that Subaru?

duff
4th August 2007, 02:51
yep. toys out of the cot

Somebody is not happy to be outpaced by his team mate...

jeffy
4th August 2007, 18:54
Was there two years ago, w/ Per Carlsson' rally travels
Best time ever - I'll go back in a heartbeat.
Too bad US $ is not worth much right now

Brother John
6th August 2007, 14:05
I was there in good forum company! ;)
Petter is crying all the time like a baby for 2 years now. :p
He is just a spoiled kid with to mutch payment. :s mokin:
Do you realy think itīs only the car? :D

donīt have to wish i was there.

i am there...

Mickey T
6th August 2007, 18:00
I
Petter is crying all the time like a baby for 2 years now. :p

starting to think there's more to it.

Finni
6th August 2007, 19:26
I saw Petter's car in the stage and it behaved weirdly. Subaru is extremely inconsistent and mystical car. In the first day when Petter got normally working car for middle set of stages he was as fast as Loeb. Suddenly he was slower than Juho Hänninen and Daniel Sordo. That cannot be Petter's cause.

Daniel
6th August 2007, 20:01
I was there in good forum company! ;)
Petter is crying all the time like a baby for 2 years now.
He is just a spoiled kid with to mutch payment. :s mokin:
Definately good company :D Petter is being outpaced by the second driver. That's why he was probably having a cry. Sounds like he is trying to get out of his contract as many forumers said :)

Finni
6th August 2007, 21:06
Definately good company :D Petter is being outpaced by the second driver. That's why he was probably having a cry. Sounds like he is trying to get out of his contract as many forumers said :)

I thought you can get low but not that low.. you good old anti-funboy, driver hater.. When Petter's car worked he was faster than Atkinson at the same time.

pino
7th August 2007, 06:51
I saw Petter's car in the stage and it behaved weirdly. Subaru is extremely inconsistent and mystical car. In the first day when Petter got normally working car for middle set of stages he was as fast as Loeb. Suddenly he was slower than Juho Hänninen and Daniel Sordo. That cannot be Petter's cause.

I was there and i totally agree with you ;)

J4MIE
7th August 2007, 09:24
just wanted to say thanks to everyone who was there and made it such a fantastic time!!

got to some great places to watch and some good photos and one nice action video! :p

the weather was brilliant and the only disappointment was the bread sticks :'(

i get home tomorrow and will post some photos then :D

janneppi
7th August 2007, 09:47
Oh yeah, I had a good time too, thanks guys.

SubaruNorway
7th August 2007, 14:07
just wanted to say thanks to everyone who was there and made it such a fantastic time!!

got to some great places to watch and some good photos and one nice action video! :p

the weather was brilliant and the only disappointment was the bread sticks :'(

i get home tomorrow and will post some photos then :D

I want to see that video

Christina
7th August 2007, 14:56
Oh no!! the bread sticks?! what was wrong with the bread sticks?! They are one of my favourite memories from last year!

pino
7th August 2007, 19:01
Oh no!! the bread sticks?! what was wrong with the bread sticks?! They are one of my favourite memories from last year!

They were not as good as they used to be :(

J4MIE
7th August 2007, 21:52
they changed the bread :( seemed to be sliced naan breead which was a bit crispy...

subarunorway I will post the videos when I get home tomorrow morning! :D

PS pino you ******* :p :p

DonJippo
7th August 2007, 22:11
Oh yeah, I had a good time too, thanks guys.

Yes same here, thank you all for the great company :)

Tomi
7th August 2007, 22:14
Same here thanks to everyone, and next year again.

pino
8th August 2007, 07:21
PS pino you ******* :p :p

What I've done now ? :s

Brother John
8th August 2007, 10:34

Nothing wrong, they need sombody to ................... :D

J4MIE
8th August 2007, 14:03

1-1 :p

DonJippo
8th August 2007, 14:39
1-1 :p

Did he do the Stig move?

:D

Daniel
8th August 2007, 16:20
Hey DJ. I was in downtown Salo yesterday. Seemed a nice place. Too much mayonaise though :(

Thanks to everyone for making this the best NORF ever forme :) Still in Helsinki now but leaving tomorrow :(

PuddleJumper
8th August 2007, 16:37
You need to get out more!

PuddleJumper
8th August 2007, 16:41
Same here thanks to everyone, and next year again.
Ditto. Great food, great rally, great company. Thank you all for a memorable weekend.

Photos are on their way.

fastboy
8th August 2007, 19:33
It was the second time my brother and i had been to Finland,and i can say we will definately be going back in 08.The stages are unbelievably fast and the t.v footage does not do it justice.
Everybody was friendly and helpfull and with so many different stages plenty of good spectating options.
On the whole had no trouble with the marshalls apart from one *anke%.We found our viewing spot on stage 17 which was 100% safe,the safety car 1 past us with out moving us on,and the safety helicopter did also.Then this marshall decides 5 mins before first car we could'nt stand there.When we pointed out nobody had moved us on he started getting arsey.At first we refused to move then he said he was talking on his radio to get the stage cancelled because of us.(did he have the power to cancel the stage)We decided it was better to move than get the stage cancelled,but i can tell you he got a verbal bashing from us as we left the stage.(he was stood near us as the car and helicopter passed but never stopped them to move us on).
If any body has any footage of G.Jones accident on Stage 13 i would be glad if they could put a link up.It happened 200 yards in front of us,he rolled 5 times.There was a few people about with camcorders so somebody must have it.

Tomi
8th August 2007, 20:14
Yes the marshals often are a bit enthusiastic, some of them has never been spectating a rally or very few rallies before, I have noticed a good way is if you can get in talk with them, about the spot and how the driving line will be there and to where the car goes if something goes wrong, normaly after that you can stand where you like, but unfortunatly there is those who dont listen to anything also.

J4MIE
8th August 2007, 21:38
At the yellow house jump on Ouninpohja 2, after squeezing into a space in front of a very kind Finn, it was an ok spot (apart from all the grass and people etc), but then as Mikko was approaching some marshals came wandering up, and one stopped in front of everyone. I got a great shot of the back of his head :angryfire Then a few minutes later a marshal came along, and rather than asking me if I'd be so kind as to withdraw my head back into the throng of spectators and get nice photos of trees or perhaps the tape/netlon, he gives me a kick and shouts to get up, then he tied up more tape, with me a good 6 inches from where I was, which was before the cars had landed - so what chance of it going wrong and them going off there? :confused: And what difference does half a foot make if a rally car is rolling into the spectators at 100mph - nobody would escape.

Then on a completely straight bit of road on SS21 (where I took the pic of Atkinson), 13 cars had gone over this jump without so much of a hint of anything like an angle, then one marshal runs down the stage from one direction, and another came running from the other direction and said that I had to stand on the other side of the road!! :angryfire So I took my usual half step backward, they weren't happy but Mikko arrived and it was too late for them to move me, but I had moved a few steps backwards so got crap photos of Mikko and Marcus :mad: Then he moved me about 100m down the stage to before the jump. Stood there for a few cars then crept behind through the woods back to the same spot and jumped back behind the trees between cars.

Apart from that, they were ok and there were a couple who let us stand in great spots :up:

But yeah, if they are on the radio to get the stage cancelled (although I don't think they would just take the marshals word for it, rather try and get the helicopter there who would move you, safe position or not), what can you do?

Mickey T
8th August 2007, 23:17
i'll return next year as well, but there's something you might want to consider doing.

i drove a couple of stages on sunday, after they'd been run on saturday. as you know, the rally was over lunchtime saturday, so there wasn't anything to lose by doing it.

this way, to drive over the stages (they're easy to find) you get a real understanding of what a fabulous job they're doing. and why these are the best rally roads in the world...

Christina
9th August 2007, 04:02
You need to get out more!

I get out plenty thank you very much. i simply appreciate good food. But i aim to take your advice anyways (getting out more) and be at Rally GB and Hopefully *fingers crossed* i'm gonna freeze my ass off in sweden. Still kicking myself that i missed finland this year. but i guess that's what you get for having stupid accidents.

Daniel
9th August 2007, 12:12
Ditto. Great food, great rally, great company. Thank you all for a memorable weekend.

Photos are on their way.
Were you staying at the same Himos and eatig the same breakfast as me? :P

Daniel
9th August 2007, 12:14
Just in the airport in Helsinki and so sad to leave :( But Iīll be back :)