PDA

View Full Version : Might as well introduce myself

Erki
2nd August 2007, 18:53
It just came to me that I never posted that "alert: new member" thread. So, I thought that it's never late... :)

I think you all know me already and I don't need an introduction... :p

Wouldn't mind a "welcome" though. :p

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd August 2007, 19:37
Welcome to the forum Erki :up:

Don't feed the oaf ;)

schmenke
2nd August 2007, 19:41
Welcome weirdo! :D :p :

I get the feeling you'll fit in just fine around here :p :

tinchote
2nd August 2007, 20:05
It will be interesting if we all do our own "new member" thread ;) :p :

Eki
2nd August 2007, 21:14
It will be interesting if we all do our own "new member" thread ;) :p :
Hi, my name is Eki, and I'm a new member.

Drew
2nd August 2007, 21:49
Hi, my name is Drew and i'm an alcoholic.

Oops, wrong forum :\

LotusElise
2nd August 2007, 21:51
Hi, I'm Lotus.
Apparently I'm a hairdresser's car.

Ian McC
2nd August 2007, 22:01
It just came to me that I never posted that "alert: new member" thread. So, I thought that it's never late... :)

If we are lucky you might be one of those new members that starts a newbie thread and then never posts again! :p :

Ian McC
2nd August 2007, 22:02
I'm Brian and so is my wife! :erm: :p :

CarlMetro
2nd August 2007, 23:24
Hi, I'm Sparticus :wave:

tinchote
2nd August 2007, 23:54
If we are lucky you might be one of those new members that starts a newbie thread and then never posts again! :p :

True. That begs the question: is there any lasting member who had a "newbie" thread when signed up? :)

Rollo
2nd August 2007, 23:57
I'm the god damn Batman!

Mark in Oshawa
3rd August 2007, 05:03
Hi, I am Mark, and I am the guy Eki most wanted to vote off the island.....or is that a forum?

Galveston dunes
3rd August 2007, 06:41
My name is Bob:
I go by Galveston Dunes-Dunes-GD-Swoop-Fuzzy Butt and hey you.I'm a reoccuring forum memeber from a long way aback. Most of you know me as a kind fellow until unjustly riled.Truth is i'm generally just as confused and melowdramic as the next person around here.
Nice to meet all of you and if ever I should offend any one please don't bother the mods. just call me out and tell me what I did.Its probally just a poor comunication between two opposing forces.

LeonBrooke
3rd August 2007, 06:46
Greetings all, I'm Leon, and I wasn't born - the stork brought me.

oily oaf
3rd August 2007, 07:14
Hi, I'm Lotus.
Apparently I'm a hairdresser's car.

By the peek-a-boo, maternity support bodice of Hotbikerchic! Do you actually WANT to be burned face down my girl? :mad:
Don't try and deny it. By The Lord Harry I'll ne'er forget the day when I visited your high class grooming bay in Leighton Buzzard and you polished my head to such a high shine that when I later returned home and went for a walk in the sunlight I was arrested and subsequently given 3 months for sending an obscene heliotropic signal to an elderly transvestite outside Bethnal Green underground. (quivers with unbridled fury).

Carl Metro may well be Spartacus but I'm the big lanky black geezer that gives him a bloody good tonking in the arena. (That bit where he smashes me over the swede with his shield was definitely a foul in my book :mad: )

(lights Spartan pipe, throws net over cat and kills it instantly with one thrust of the trident) :cat: :arrowed:

Erki
3rd August 2007, 08:04
Hey, what happened? This was supposed to be my thread. :(

LeonBrooke
3rd August 2007, 08:18
Well, new person, get used to it: it's the way the forum works here :p :

Camelopard
3rd August 2007, 08:41

Who said it is (was) your thread, who voted for you and made you boss of the universe? :p :

CarlMetro
3rd August 2007, 08:47

It's been hijacked to make it more onteresting. It happens a lot around here. For a recent example check out the 'Eyebrows' thread ;)

Donney
3rd August 2007, 10:56
Usually an owner loses control of a thread after the 6th post. That's how it goes around here, there's a complaint box somewhere... I think.

555-04Q2
3rd August 2007, 11:52

Any more of that negative attitude mister and you are outa here understand ;)

Erki
3rd August 2007, 13:54
Hey, 555, where were you? I haven't seen you around here. Nice that you came to say hello. :)

Erki
3rd August 2007, 13:55
For a recent example check out the 'Eyebrows' thread ;)

That's a good thread. I like that thread. :p

Christina
3rd August 2007, 16:04
Can i re-introduce myself here? i've been a bit forum-complacent over the past few months..

Hi, i'm Christina. i'm a bit of a blonde.. some people say i'm a lot of a blonde..

LotusElise
3rd August 2007, 17:22
How's your arm, Christina?

Mark in Oshawa
3rd August 2007, 17:54
Hi, i'm Christina. i'm a bit of a blonde.. some people say i'm a lot of a blonde..

You make that sound like it is a bad thing....and it ISNT.

Ian McC
3rd August 2007, 20:01
By the peek-a-boo, maternity support bodice of Hotbikerchic!

Another member long since gone, no doubt gathering dust in the Oaf basement along with GG24 and Gannex

Mark in Oshawa
3rd August 2007, 20:13
Ian, Gannex will be back, he is on the slow boat to Colorado....(don't Ask)

Ian McC
3rd August 2007, 20:20
Ian, Gannex will be back, he is on the slow boat to Colorado....(don't Ask)

Are you sure? Sounds like an Oaf cover up to me :mad:

RaikkonenRules
3rd August 2007, 22:19
Hello my name is RR. I'll try not to feed the Oaf :)

Camelopard
3rd August 2007, 22:42
How's your arm, Christina?

I was thinking the same thing, how is your arm? Will they leave the metal pins in your arm, if so what happens when you go through metal detectors at airports?

I heard a story that the late great Barry Sheene had so much metal in his body that he used to carry x-rays with him when he travelled by air! He'd have buckly's chance of getting on a flight now......................

ChrisS
6th August 2007, 20:18
I was thinking the same thing, how is your arm? Will they leave the metal pins in your arm, if so what happens when you go through metal detectors at airports?

I heard a story that the late great Barry Sheene had so much metal in his body that he used to carry x-rays with him when he travelled by air! He'd have buckly's chance of getting on a flight now......................

I have metal pins in my arm since 1999. I travelled quite a lot to and from high profile airports like Heathrow and JFK and never had a problem

The only time a metal detector went off because of it was at the US embassy. The guard used a hand-held metal detector that also went off when over my arm. He asked me to raise my sleeve and used the hand-held metal detector again. When he was sure that the metal was indeed in my body he let me through.

akv89
6th August 2007, 23:22

How are you? I'm fine.
Am I required to welcome you anymore than that?