PDA

View Full Version : Night Driving

Brown, Jon Brow
31st July 2007, 20:34
Has anyone checked out the Golf website promoting night driving?

I had the urge to visit it after driving home from a friends house the other night. The sky was clear with a full moon and I was the only car on the road. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing drive and found the 'night-driving' website has loads of great drives on it.

Does anyone have any cool night drives they know of?

http://www.night-driving.com/greatnightdrives

I'd love to do some around London, especially The City, Westminster and Canary Wharf.

CarlMetro
31st July 2007, 21:48
London is OK between 3 and 5 am. Any time before or after then you just get lots of traffic and idiots who think they can walk out in front of you. It's particularly nice along Victoria embankment.

Personally I like driving motorways at night, not for the speed but because of the lack of traffic, which is something I spend most of my waking hours negotiating.

Erki
31st July 2007, 21:55
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... If it wasn't my parents looking weirdly at me, I would spend all my nights driving around. :)

Hazell B
31st July 2007, 22:27
It's very flat land between my stables and the Lincolnshire border, with roads that zigzag at right angles every few hundred yards thanks to 12 foot wide drains all over the fields. There are no hedges, just road and sharp turns.

I love driving it at night, it feels dangerous yet is fairly safe in my old tank. Sometimes cars fall in the ditches and stay there days unseen, though. Luckily no bodies have been trapped in them - yet.

Drew
1st August 2007, 01:32
Driving at night round here is much easier. You can see the lights of cars coming in the lanes and there are no tourists either :p :

Iain
2nd August 2007, 21:25
Don't really like it, especially when it's raining. :s

Erki
2nd August 2007, 22:44
Don't really like it, especially when it's raining. :s

I really like it when it's also foggy. :)

BeansBeansBeans
2nd August 2007, 23:00
I love to drive alone at night. It just feels like freedom.

Daniel
6th August 2007, 20:24
I prefer driving at night :) We were in a hurry to get down to Warwick a few weekends ago and it was raining a bit. Was probably doing 100 most of the way. Wouldn't have been comfortable doing that in the day and not being able to see people who didn't have their lights on.

Iain
6th August 2007, 21:53
You did 100mph in the rain? :dozey:

Mark
7th August 2007, 08:39
Hopefully he's just being Australian and means 100km/h :p

KILOHMUNNS
7th August 2007, 10:11
I love driving down country lanes at night as you can get some speed up as you can see if someone is coming. It's amazing what you can do in a people carrier especially if you know the road. Hacked off a Impreza driver recently as he couldn't shake me off his tail, he usually left me on the straights but had a habit of breaking too hard around corners and loosing all speed so I just kept on catching him up!!!

Brown, Jon Brow
7th August 2007, 10:26

:s hock:

Surprised he could breath at that speed!!!

Daniel
8th August 2007, 16:22
It was only light rain ;)