PDA

View Full Version : Steve Wallace mugged!!!

RaikkonenRules
31st July 2007, 10:10
19 year-old RWI Racing Busch Series driver, Steve Wallace, is OK following being attacked in an attempted mugging Sunday evening in Indianapolis. Wallace was attacked by a group of at least three men upon exiting a convenience store in Indianapolis Sunday night, where he stayed to watch the running of the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Upon entering the convenience store, the men commented on Wallace's watch, a gift given to him by a sponsor after he earned his second career pole position at Nashville Superspeedway in June. Wallace was jumped and attacked by the group of men, who were attempting to rob him of his watch. The men later fled the scene after being unsuccessful in robbing Wallace.

Mark in Oshawa
31st July 2007, 15:41
Unreal. Walking into a 7-eleven or whatever and the guy gets mugged for a watch? I always thought Indy was a bit more civilized than that.....

Cindy_AL
31st July 2007, 18:39
:eek: :eek:

tstran17_88
1st August 2007, 03:01
Warren Wallace? :D

Sparky1329
1st August 2007, 04:40
It wasn't really smart of Steve to show off his watch on TV.

jslone
1st August 2007, 05:53
Unreal. Walking into a 7-eleven or whatever and the guy gets mugged for a watch? I always thought Indy was a bit more civilized than that.....
Folks have been killed for less here in MD at 7 11's,so to say it cant happen in Indy,it can happen anywere Mark.Folks will act stupid no matter were they live.

NASCARWidow
1st August 2007, 15:25
I agree. Crime isn't just a big city problem anymore. Every community has a criminal element. Steven is lucky. Not my favorite driver by any means but getting mugged shouldn't happen to anyone.

Galveston dunes
2nd August 2007, 05:26
I realize that every city, big and small ;has a crime element and some worse than others. I grew up in a suburb of Detroit,Mi.All I can say is ,like Steve or not, which I do, This just gves me another reason to not like .Indiana.Which I haven't since the basketbrawl.
Wrecked his car on the last lap of the BUSH race then hung around to watch and learn and gets beat up.I figure he had a bad day.But maybe learned a good lesson or two.

R. Mears
3rd August 2007, 01:20
It's not Indy that's uncivilized, it's people in general. I see it all the time no matter what race/city I'm at.

RaceFanStan
3rd August 2007, 19:52
It may not have been a robbery attempt .....
it could have been fans of the many drivers "twitch" has wrecked lately .....
I think it is about time for that one to pop positive ..... :eek:

jslone
4th August 2007, 05:54
One never knows Stan,but I hope that is not the case.

call_me_andrew
5th August 2007, 00:45
Anyone else notice that he had two black eyes during the Busch race?

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 05:02
I noticed he waited until the end of the race to collect the retaining wall last week and then this week simply drove into the marbles,then went back out and blew up the car.I really feel for him as I feel for A.J. IV.Good luck kids and I surely hope you get the hang of things.

tstran17_88
5th August 2007, 15:58
Anyone else notice that he had two black eyes during the Busch race?I definitely noticed that his left eye was black.