PDA

View Full Version : Krispy Kreme

veeten
30th July 2007, 17:38
Yum! :lips:
http://www.krispykreme.com/ :D

GridGirl
30th July 2007, 18:24
I hate the fact that they con me into thinking its such good value to buy a dozen and not just a couple. :p

I've some how ended up being a KrispyKreme delivery lady to Yorkshire, but suprisingly the staff at my local Krispy kreme dont bat an eyelid when I ask for 5 dozen original glaze. :s

Drew
30th July 2007, 18:55
Never heard of it before :)

What are twinkies? It always made me laugh when I heard it on the tele :p :

GridGirl
30th July 2007, 19:06
Only the yummiest donuts in the whole wide world! :eek: They not cheap though at about 90p each for a plain one.

luvracin
30th July 2007, 19:15

What are twinkies? It always made me laugh when I heard it on the tele :p :

Twinkies are the only food source guarunteed to survive a nuclear war.

CarlMetro
30th July 2007, 20:26

No surprised Drew, they're a bit of a South East, in and around London thing at the moment, although more and more Tesco stores are putting their cabinets in.

Maple glazed or New York cheesecake are my favorites :facelick: But be warned, they can become quite addictive ;)

Drew
30th July 2007, 21:14
No surprised Drew, they're a bit of a South East, in and around London thing at the moment, although more and more Tesco stores are putting their cabinets in.

Maple glazed or New York cheesecake are my favorites :facelick: But be warned, they can become quite addictive ;)

Ah, we don't even have a greggs down here, I guess we are one of the last areas that companies explore :p : They also seem pretty unhealthy ;)

LotusElise
30th July 2007, 21:49
They haven't even got as far as Northamptonshire yet.

Aren't they meant to be the most fattening thing on Earth? I'm sure I remember a story about some government department or healthy-eating group wanting health warnings put on them.

They sound utterly delicious.

schmenke
30th July 2007, 21:58
Krispy Kreme never did manage to break into the Canadian market. Their outlets were set up in a few cities here for a few months, then closed up shop. Too bad... I thought they were great :D

GridGirl
30th July 2007, 22:37
They haven't even got as far as Northamptonshire yet.

Aren't they meant to be the most fattening thing on Earth? I'm sure I remember a story about some government department or healthy-eating group wanting health warnings put on them.

They sound utterly delicious.

They haven't really left the South East apart from the one in Selfridges in Birmingham, hense my Krispy Kreme delivery service doing so well in the north.

Yeah they are pretty unhealthy, but you dont really tend to think about it untill you see the empty box at the end. Seeing as I've just done 90 minutes in the gym and swam a kilometer, I think I might treat myself to one tomorrow. :D
http://www.krispykreme.co.uk/krispy/assets/pdfs/nutritional_info.pdf

millencolin
31st July 2007, 02:46
theyre slowly starting to build up here in Australia. we are a nation of fatties and would love their donuts. they would face some stiff competition from another donut chain in the brisbane area called 'Dreamy Donuts'... and they are just divine! i know theres a KK in canberra and at the Sydney International Airport...

Ian McC
31st July 2007, 20:28
We have one at the airport, I try to avoid that part of the terminal to help resist temptation ;)

CCFanatic
31st July 2007, 23:04
Krispy Kreme never did manage to break into the Canadian market. Their outlets were set up in a few cities here for a few months, then closed up shop. Too bad... I thought they were great :D

They sprout up like nothing here in the US. No wonder Americans are the fattest folk in the world.

Mark in Oshawa
1st August 2007, 01:28

They are still going ok in the Toronto market, with both their outlets where you can get them warm (the only way to have them, too bad the coffee sucks) or at the local store (PetroCan stations were pushing them). That said, I don't eat em any more, too rich. They may taste better than Tim Horton's donuts, but I go for the coffee anyhow...

Dave B
2nd August 2007, 14:50
Can I go against the flow here and say that Krusty Kremes are horrible, over-sweet, disgusting muck. Thank you.

RaceFanStan
2nd August 2007, 20:15
Yeah, who could stand fresh & light ultra-sweet donuts that seem to melt in your mouth & are so delicious ????? :lips:

CCFanatic
2nd August 2007, 21:13
Yeah, who could stand fresh & light ultra-sweet donuts that seem to melt in your mouth & are so delicious ????? :lips:

But when they melt, instead of going to your stomach, they make a turn down to your arties and they build up with each bite until they are clogged and they are carrying you of the donut shop on a stretcher.

Camelopard
3rd August 2007, 01:24
Can I go against the flow here and say that Krusty Kremes are horrible, over-sweet, disgusting muck. Thank you.

I have to agree with you as I don't have a 'sweet tooth', however we have to be carefull otherwise we will stand accused of being anti American..................... :p

Quattroporte
3rd August 2007, 02:09
Krispy Kreme Challenge: Eat an entire Krispy Kreme donut without licking your lips...

Mark in Oshawa
3rd August 2007, 04:53
I quit eating them....I used to feel sick if I ate more than 2, and it is impossible to not eat 2......