PDA

View Full Version : Boris for London Mayor

Flat.tyres
30th July 2007, 15:44
this bloke is a riot.

http://www.thelondonpaper.com/borisapplication.pdf

Boris Johnson, who said in his campaign to be elected as the MP for Henley that voting for him would enable your wife to have bigger breasts and you to drive a newer BMW, is now going for the job as London Mayor.

in his application form for the position, he says of the challenges he has face and their outcomes, things like trying to raise 4 children in London. outcome too early to call but looking promising. Another is the challenge of negiotiating Hyde Park Corner by pushbike with the outcome being "survival". :laugh:

commenting that London has worse street crime than NY and the hollow eyed look of people coming off the tubes, has London got a potential gem with a true understanding of the city in the offing to be Mayor? Or, as sickening looney left as that prat Livingstone is, could Boris be just a little too charasmatic?

what is evident is that this man obviously has great intelect, a propensity for high profile and a maverick air about him. Could he possibly be a serious Mayor though.

I personally dont blame him for making a mockery of this pathetic paper chase application. why, oh why, get a prospective mayor to complete such a irrelevant document that is the sort of thing one might fill in for a shelf fillers position? perhaps he really does have his finger on the pulse after all?

Hazell B
30th July 2007, 18:06
..... perhaps he really does have his finger on the pulse after all?

Ah, but who's pulse might be the question more in some people's mind :p :

My Land Rover's named after Boris. Having said that, I wouldn't want him as my MP very much. Can't put my finger on why (see what I did there? :p : ) but I just wouldn't. Mayor, yes. I can see him doing a fine job given the chance and fair news reports on his work.

BDunnell
30th July 2007, 18:32
I dislike Livingstone, but think he's generally done a good job as Mayor. As a person, I think there is good reason to believe that he is deeply flawed. However, I would rather he be Mayor than Boris, who is very entertaining, but seems to be being used out of desperation by the Tories in their search for a candidate.

Ian McC
30th July 2007, 23:53
could Boris be just a little too charasmatic?

That's one way of putting it, you would think Londoners would want someone with sound political ideas and values, obviously the Tories feel that this is irrelevant and that someone who can act the clown on HIGNFY would be much better.

CarlMetro
31st July 2007, 00:24
Do we really want an idiot like Boris in charge of 600+ people and a budget of £4.7billion? I don't think so. Despite my personal feeling about Red Ken, I still think he's done a reasonable job, something I just don't see Boris doing somehow.

BeansBeansBeans
31st July 2007, 08:53
He's one of those people who I quite like, but would never dream of voting for. Like Jeremy Clarkson.

emporer_k
31st July 2007, 12:31
I like Boris but I wouldn't really want him in charge of anything either.

Ian McC
31st July 2007, 20:26
He's one of those people who I quite like, but would never dream of voting for. Like Jeremy Clarkson.

Great idea, Clarkson for Mayor, all 4x4's will exempt from the congestion charge :D

Drew
1st August 2007, 00:29
WYSIWYG :p :

oily oaf
1st August 2007, 08:41
As I stated in my thread a few weeks ago when BJ was first mooted as a prospective mayoral candidate, Johnson's knockabout, hail fellow well met persona masks a shrewd and highly intelligent political animal who is an Oxford graduate, has held high political office on more than one occasion and who has edited The Spectator magazine amongst sundry other journalistic achievements.
What's more any man who can make the statement that George Bush is "A cross-eyed Texan warmonger, unelected, inarticulate and who epitomises the arrogance of American foreign policy" is quite clearly an astute and discerning political tour de force :D
Doesn't mean I'll be voting for ya though Boris old bean ;)