PDA

View Full Version : Toyota gets first Busch win!!

Jonesi
29th July 2007, 03:11
Congrats to Jason Leffler!
Greg Biffle was second
David Reutimann in another Toyota was third.

blakebeatty
29th July 2007, 03:56
Very cool! Nice to see Toyota's maiden victory, as well as some success for a man who has suffered much set back. congrats to Leffler

jeffconn
29th July 2007, 05:06
Great win. Jason ran like a bat out of hell the last quarter of the race.

Mark in Oshawa
31st July 2007, 15:40
To those who think Toyota wont be repeating this in Cup......just remember, they sucked when they first got into CTS too.....

Sparky1329
31st July 2007, 18:13
To those who think Toyota wont be repeating this in Cup......just remember, they sucked when they first got into CTS too.....

Not exactly. The Tundra was quite competitive right off the bat. Skinner, Kvapil and Reutimann had some excellent results starting at Daytona. A Tundra won the 13th race of the 2004 CTS season. I wouldn't say they sucked.

tstran17_88
1st August 2007, 03:07
Not exactly. The Tundra was quite competitive right off the bat. Skinner, Kvapil and Reutimann had some excellent results starting at Daytona. A Tundra won the 13th race of the 2004 CTS season. I wouldn't say they sucked.And it was Travis who won that first race at Michigan for Toyota. Also, TK won the second race for Toyota a few weeks later at New Hampshire. Good thing there are a few of us who actually follow that series. :cheese:

Sparky1329
1st August 2007, 04:37
And it was Travis who won that first race at Michigan for Toyota. Also, TK won the second race for Toyota a few weeks later at New Hampshire. Good thing there are a few of us who actually follow that series. :cheese:

I love the CTS and have been watching the series since the beginning. Remember TK and Skinner and the Meshkin fiasco? I wonder what ever happened to that con man anyway.

tstran17_88
2nd August 2007, 18:41
Not sure...first Larry Mac left the team, then Skinner lost his ride and was picked up by Bill Davis. I just realized that TK has had a lot of crappy owners in Nascar...good thing he's with the 'cat in the hat' now! :D

RaceFanStan
2nd August 2007, 19:49
So far, Alex Meshkin has been able to tie everything up in the courts & most things have NOT been settled.
Alex Meshkin has the money to hire plenty of lawyers, so don't expect it to ever be totally resolved. :s

Meshkin has been accused of fraud & is being sued by several people :
Toyota Racing Development, Larry McReynolds, Travis Kvapil, James Coffin, various suppliers & others :eek:
Jimmy Spencer was never paid by Meshkin on the rental of his garage & equipment. :eek:

Mike Skinner was able to get an out-of-court settlement from Meshkin but can't release what he actually received.
TRD packed Skinner, select personel & moved them all to Bill Davis Racing in CTS. :eek:

Alex Meshkin was shady in his business dealings & NASCAR is better off with him gone. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

Sparky1329
3rd August 2007, 00:01
So far, Alex Meshkin has been able to tie everything up in the courts & most things have NOT been settled.
Alex Meshkin has the money to hire plenty of lawyers, so don't expect it to ever be totally resolved. :s

Meshkin has been accused of fraud & is being sued by several people :
Toyota Racing Development, Larry McReynolds, Travis Kvapil, James Coffin, various suppliers & others :eek:
Jimmy Spencer was never paid by Meshkin on the rental of his garage & equipment. :eek:

Mike Skinner was able to get an out-of-court settlement from Meshkin but can't release what he actually received.
TRD packed Skinner, select personel & moved them all to Bill Davis Racing in CTS. :eek:

Alex Meshkin was shady in his business dealings & NASCAR is better off with him gone. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

Thanks Stan. I wondered what ever happened to that POS Meshkin and if the people he hosed ever got paid.

tstran17_88
3rd August 2007, 18:33
Yeah, thkx Stan. I didn't realize that guy was such a crook. :eek: Makes Rick Hendrick look like a piker!