PDA

View Full Version : Tentative '08 Sprint Cup schedule

Jonesi
28th July 2007, 03:19
http://www.jayski.com/pages/2008cup_sched.htm

Doesn't look like any surprises, just adjustments to when off weekends happen.

blakebeatty
28th July 2007, 05:47
There were no rumors of changes that I am aware of.

Jonesi
28th July 2007, 08:13
There were no rumors of changes that I am aware of.

There's usually 2 or 3 that have to move around a little to keep the big races on their traditional weekends Mid Feb Daytona 500 to Charlotte Memorial day (and adjustment for Easter & Mother's day) to July Daytona to Labor Day. That annoying floating fifth weekend per quarter. ;-)

tstran17_88
28th July 2007, 16:05
I guess it may remain the same for a year or two...until something comes up. :rolleyes:

This season they moved New Hampshire up in order to keep Daytona closer to the 4th of July. Ticked off some friends from Canada that go to the NH race because it fell on Canada Day. I could see them moving that race again in order to keep Daytona near the 4th.

They flipped the Brickyard and Pocono around this year for ESPN/ABC...so that they could lead off their coverage with a prestigious race.

There was rumors that the Bristol spring race was going to move up on the schedule. And it looks like it moved up a week, but only because of Easter.

A lot of folks were ticked about that rumor. This year it was nice, but the year before it snowed. In 2005 it was a cold rain and it snowed higher up in the mountains. That race is very hit & miss. Since I've had my season tix's (5 years, I think?), my brother & dad have had only two nice weekends for that race.