PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons Movie - *May Contain Spoilers*

Captain VXR
26th July 2007, 14:01
Went to see it yesterday as Britain gets it 2 days early :p
People of all ages ncluding some oaps were there and it has a great plot with lots of humour. Green Days gig at the start is hilarious; while my favourite par is the migrating swallows and hungry cats waiting for them :)

drewdawg727
26th July 2007, 15:45
Tomorrow is my birthday, and that's going to be my birthday present, friends are taking me out to see it. Can't wait!

Mark in Oshawa
27th July 2007, 22:17
D'oh!!!! gotta convince the wife she will have a FINE time at the Simpson's. She wants to go see Jason Bourne.....

stevie_gerrard
27th July 2007, 23:02
Hopefully going to see it soon, I've been told that its "500 times better than the trailers" so i really can't wait to see it! :D

millencolin
28th July 2007, 06:57
omg i saw it on the day of release! its insane! i totally lost it. so many little jokes within the movie... just awesome

SPIDERPIG!

Captain VXR
28th July 2007, 09:24
I liked the 100+ eyed squirrel lol

Mp3 Astra
28th July 2007, 20:07
Very funny film, a lot better than I expected! I though that it would ruin the Simpsons brand but it didn't. Saw it on the opening night, and there were some references to American things that Brits wouldn't understand, as per usual in the Simpsons.

So many funny bits! One of the best was the two Police officers (you know the rest) and the bit where Homer is using a dog sled. Run, Run, Jump, Jump, Rest, Rest! :D

Rollo
29th July 2007, 08:49
Went to see it yesterday as Britain gets it 2 days early :p
People of all ages ncluding some oaps were there and it has a great plot with lots of humour.

Plot? I don't think so. The film has a story yes, but plot is different to the story.

A film's plot (or indeed any work of fiction) is where a character's behaviour is moulded or changed as a result of the event which happen. As far as The Simpsons goes, none of the characters actually undergo any development at all. They merely run the gauntlet from one story conflict to the end and never actually learn anything.

It plays exactly like a regular half hour episode but over a longer scale. That isn't to say that it's a bad film, but Homer's taunt right at the beginning of the picture in retrospect is actually really ironic.

Bexy
29th July 2007, 08:51
I was not an amazing fan of this film, although the pig was funny, made my bits go funny.

ChrisS
30th July 2007, 10:05
Hopefully going to see it soon, I've been told that its "500 times better than the trailers" so i really can't wait to see it! :D

The jokes that were in the trailers were the funniest jokes in the movie IMHO, there are more jokes in the movie but I think they showed too much in the trailers

Overall I would say the movie is just a 90 minutes average episode, you could find better episode from the earlier seasons of the Simpsons.

Oh and #43 in the IMDB top 250? WTF??? :confused: with all the hype about this movie most of the Simpsons fans rated it 10/10 in their mind before even walking into a cinema

Brown, Jon Brow
31st July 2007, 01:34
Just saw it and thought it was good, but not great. Some parts where hilarious such as Ralf saying "i like men now" after seeing Barts doodle.

johnny shell
1st August 2007, 17:29
I thought it was great. saw it last night. it's like a really good episode, only 90 minutes long and on the big screen.

I mean, what more could you ask for?

all fans should treat themselves by seeing it!

stevie_gerrard
2nd August 2007, 09:51
It was very good, it wasn't as brilliant as i expected, but still very good, well worth seeing :up: :)