PDA

View Full Version : Drivers made to look stupid

colinspooky
25th July 2007, 12:26
I mentioned this before with the Jimmie looking arrogantly at Sadler's race line advice ad while some lackie holds his championship cup.

Now I have seen the John Woods Jason Lefler t-shirt row ad. I know, it's probably been around forever over there, but I am over here.

Once again, a driver is made to look utterly foolish (Jason) --- why do they allow themselves to be involved. Make it funny, yes. But stupid? Hmm.... :rolleyes: Some of them clearly need new management or be better informed by the advertisers exactly what it will look like. Don't they retain some sort of final approval?

Lee Roy
25th July 2007, 12:49
Stupid? Don't you mean $tupid?

colinspooky
25th July 2007, 14:25
well, yeah. But I personally wouldn't feel too happy if I was the one made to look a plank. Even if I was paid.

:p

Jag_Warrior
25th July 2007, 14:46
A waffle maker???!!!

ms0362
25th July 2007, 18:36
Marketing goes off the notion that comedy and sex sells. Since they won't go the sex route, you get comedy. Get Tivo or tape the race and skip the commercials if they bug you that much. I'm tired of them after I've seen them twice.

Aussie12
27th July 2007, 02:59
Stupid? Don't you mean $tupid?

;) Heh heh heh.

Old3Fan
27th July 2007, 16:06
I mentioned this before with the Jimmie looking arrogantly at Sadler's race line advice ad while some lackie holds his championship cup.

Now I have seen the John Woods Jason Lefler t-shirt row ad. I know, it's probably been around forever over there, but I am over here.

Once again, a driver is made to look utterly foolish (Jason) --- why do they allow themselves to be involved. Make it funny, yes. But stupid? Hmm.... :rolleyes: Some of them clearly need new management or be better informed by the advertisers exactly what it will look like. Don't they retain some sort of final approval?

They are making commercials for sponsors. They make $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for doing it for their sponsors and themselves. Most are funny. Get a life or better yet have your Mommy turn off the Telly for you.

tstran17_88
27th July 2007, 18:39
What about the one with the young Mark Martin ripping the old Mark Martin? That one makes me cringe.

Mark in Oshawa
27th July 2007, 22:46
Tstran....the young Mark Martin said things like that.....or at least, was capable of it. He was a wild kid for a few years.

I think it is up to the driver. He can always say no to the script in question....

colinspooky
28th July 2007, 00:36
They are making commercials for sponsors. They make $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for doing it for their sponsors and themselves. Most are funny. Get a life or better yet have your Mommy turn off the Telly for you.

You what? My "mommy" (christ your spelling is ****e) just died so that's faked that up. ALSO, not the point I was making. Which was. No matter how much money they are paid, why would you appear in something that made you look a complete twat. Much like you do right now. I don't get angry, but believe me, if you were anywhere close right now, you would be off to join my "mummy", and you so un-delicately put it. What a cretin.
One of 100 original members of what pray tell - the club of misguided morons who can't understand simply concepts. I can't help thinking you are American, and someone who finds it oh so simply to pull so much crap over yourself and your race you must be drowning in the stuff by now.

colinspooky
28th July 2007, 00:40
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif 26th July 2007, 04:00

It looks like the oldest, (age) poster will be the last one standing. You all are acting like a bunch of babies. Read and enjoy what you like and if you don't like something, ignore it. Maybe your Momma's will hold your hands........... :)

:dork: 1 of Original 100 Members

Oh God, I am so sorry. I have just looked through some of your older stuff, and I now realise you have some sort of mother fetish, and are clearly quite deranged. I apologise unreservedly, and just hope the therapy will start to work one day. Have faith. And sorry once more.

RaceFanStan
28th July 2007, 03:25
I think the NASCAR drivers are mature enough to stand a laugh at their expense.
As said before, the drivers have the final say to what they will allow to be done to them.
I laugh every time I see those girls chase Kasey Kahne.
I really enjoyed Michael being "at the wrong track". :laugh:
Dale Jr being chased by those mutant desert guys is a riot ! :laugh: :up:

colinspooky
28th July 2007, 15:03
Not seen the Michael at wrong track, but he's a zany self-effacing guy anyway, so it sounds like it fits in with his character.
And those others you mentioned are great too, even the "get me a bunny" is pretty good because Jamie looks comfortable.

But, and this is the point, just a couple of them, Lefler being beaten, and Jimmie with his Cup merely make them arrogantly foolish with zero comedy.

Anyway, this is clearly a dead horse, and I won't be flogging it any more.

tstran17_88
28th July 2007, 15:44
Not seen the Michael at wrong track, but he's a zany self-effacing guy anyway, so it sounds like it fits in with his character.That one is a old Napa spot...they haven't shown that one in the states for a few years.

tstran17_88
28th July 2007, 15:50
I think the NASCAR drivers are mature enough to stand a laugh at their expense.
As said before, the drivers have the final say to what they will allow to be done to them.
I laugh every time I see those girls chase Kasey Kahne.
I really enjoyed Michael being "at the wrong track". :laugh:
Dale Jr being chased by those mutant desert guys is a riot ! :laugh: :up: I kind of always enjoyed the Nextel spots they ran. Harvick playing 'Marco Polo'...Stewart climbing the grocery store shelves and JJ at work with the fan, "Ain't that right Jimmie Johnson?" :laugh: