PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember alonso crying about Schumacher?

Hendersen
24th July 2007, 03:25
When schumacher pulled out just a couple feet in front of Alonso in the pit lane? The first thing you hear over the radio is alonso saying "I can't believe it. did you see what Michael just did?"

Uhh, so, did you guys "see what Alonso just did" in this last race in the pit lane? That dumb ass could have taken two people out of the race and possible cause a major accident in a very bad place with lots of unprotected people I might add.

Valve Bounce
24th July 2007, 04:11
Well, I hope the Stewards saw it and took appropriate action.

wmcot
24th July 2007, 05:57
When schumacher pulled out just a couple feet in front of Alonso in the pit lane? The first thing you hear over the radio is alonso saying "I can't believe it. did you see what Michael just did?"

Uhh, so, did you guys "see what Alonso just did" in this last race in the pit lane? That dumb ass could have taken two people out of the race and possible cause a major accident in a very bad place with lots of unprotected people I might add.

No way? Alonso nearly causing an accident? That has to be only one of a half-dozen times this season and nobody will do anything until he DOES cause an accident! Let's hope that he doesn't kill or injure anyone severely when it finally DOES happen!

There are a lot of F1 drivers with hot tempers, but Alonso drives on the verge of "road rage." Next he'll be pulling out a weapon and shooting the blue-flagged drivers who don't move over fast enough! It will be like a freeway in LA!

donKey jote
24th July 2007, 07:05
Maybe they should have shown Fisi the blue flags in the pitlane :p :

Ian McC
24th July 2007, 07:53
I would guess that the lollipop man is the 'dumb ass' then as he released him.

raikk
24th July 2007, 07:55

ya no kidding.. think people!

ioan
24th July 2007, 09:08
The lollipop man was stupid indeed, but that is not an excuses for Alonso going wheel to wheel with Fisichella in the pitlane when the Honda mechanics were half a meter away.

Dangerous, at least, idiotic too. And not the first time either. No one takes action because they want show and close fighting, while they say that they fight for safety in F1! :rolleyes:

But sooner or later something will happen if no one tells him to behave in a rational manner.

wmcot
24th July 2007, 09:12

I would say partly true, but it is still the responsibility of the driver to watch for other cars (and crew members) in order to make a safe exit form the pits!

Mickey T
24th July 2007, 09:14
well, some of you need to understand the structure of the sport a little better.

alonso cannot see in the area fisi was coming from. it's the job of his lollipop man to find a safe hole to release him into. if anybody's to blame, it's the lollipop guy.

and, by releasing him into a position where he had at least four-fifths overlap in front of fisi, there isn't enough width there to get out of the pit lane limiter button to let fisi through (not that i imagine the thought crossed his mind) anyway. as ioan said, honda mechanics were too close.

pino
24th July 2007, 09:16
In a way I agree with ioan here, I still think Alonso is the best (most complete) driver out there, but he cross the line, and risk too much...too often !

Flat.tyres
24th July 2007, 13:21
well, some of you need to understand the structure of the sport a little better.

alonso cannot see in the area fisi was coming from. it's the job of his lollipop man to find a safe hole to release him into. if anybody's to blame, it's the lollipop guy.

and, by releasing him into a position where he had at least four-fifths overlap in front of fisi, there isn't enough width there to get out of the pit lane limiter button to let fisi through (not that i imagine the thought crossed his mind) anyway. as ioan said, honda mechanics were too close.

too right.

I cannot put any blame on Alonso here but there was obviously not enough room to safely release him. if they had of touched, there was a very real potential to crash back into the pits and crews.

I see this as a McLaren team mistake and believe they should have been penalised with a 10 second stop go penalty the same as speeding in the pit is dealt with.

OTA
24th July 2007, 13:42
There should penalize drivers who take risks, they are a menace to society, to motorsports in general, and to F1 in particular. And while they are it, they should bit the hell out of Alonso, that boy has a problem.

Cheers
David

OTA
24th July 2007, 13:43
And to the question of the thread, I don't really remember Alonso crying about Schumi, neither you do.

Cheers
David

donKey jote
24th July 2007, 15:14
Pity Renault did't release Fisi's radio eh? :p :

Kevincal
24th July 2007, 16:41
blah blah blah...what is this? About the 5th Alonso bashing thread in recent weeks... I see pit crew get nearly run over at almost all F1 races...Most of the pit lanes are just too damned narrow! Blame the TRACK owner if you blame anyone... They need to make the pit lane wider. I'm sure they are raking in the dough from the F1 race...

Flat.tyres
24th July 2007, 16:54
blah blah blah...what is this? About the 5th Alonso bashing thread in recent weeks... I see pit crew get nearly run over at almost all F1 races...Most of the pit lanes are just too damned narrow! Blame the TRACK owner if you blame anyone... They need to make the pit lane wider. I'm sure they are raking in the dough from the F1 race...

come on Kevin. Im a McLaren supporter and this was dangerous and should be addressed. if they had of touched, freddie could quite easily have spun into the crew.

Hendersen
24th July 2007, 17:24
And to the question of the thread, I don't really remember Alonso crying about Schumi, neither you do.

Cheers
David

Ya, must have been a MASS hallucination.

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=18899&vf=1

I'm glad you amde me look for that. It's great to catch the douchebag saying "but when you are driving down the pit lane, you have the priority and he doesn't respect that." Well, how about you, Alonso?

Flat.tyres
24th July 2007, 17:48

I'm glad you amde me look for that. It's great to catch the douchebag saying "but when you are driving down the pit lane, you have the priority and he doesn't respect that." Well, how about you, Alonso?

I would like to see it on video if anyone has a clip but it does appear to be a case of pot calling kettle black.

Ian McC
24th July 2007, 19:57

The Spaniard claimed the German lacks respect after an incident during the final 15 minutes of qualifying when Schumacher, 37, was waved out of the Ferrari garage just as Alonso was driving along the same part of the pit lane.

I read that he was actually in the garage at the time, that's a hell of a lot different than pulling away from a pitstop.

Ian McC
24th July 2007, 20:02
too right.

I cannot put any blame on Alonso here but there was obviously not enough room to safely release him. if they had of touched, there was a very real potential to crash back into the pits and crews.

I see this as a McLaren team mistake and believe they should have been penalised with a 10 second stop go penalty the same as speeding in the pit is dealt with.

As it was the teams fault rather than the driver a fine would probably of been more appropriate

gm99
24th July 2007, 20:31
In a way I agree with ioan here, I still think Alonso is the best (most complete) driver out there, but he cross the line, and risk too much...too often !

Perhaps this is what makes him the best out there? Senna and Schumacher crossed the line and risked too much on a number of occassions, and were not afraid to drive their rivals off the road if need be; Mansell & Piquet had their fair share of rather risky moves, too as far as I can recall.

You simply don't become F1 world champion by being a nice guy and yielding to everyone.

Hendersen
24th July 2007, 20:37
I read that he was actually in the garage at the time, that's a hell of a lot different than pulling away from a pitstop.

I don't recall it being in the garage, though he might have pulled out of the garage and stopped in the pit lane for some reason. He was in the pit lane and pulled out ahead of alonso. He was up to pit speed and got out in front of him with several feet to spare, thus he did not a thing wrong. Alonso, on the other hand, pulled out compeltely wheel to wheel with fisci, and he immidiately knew shortly after he pulled out fisi was wheel to wheel with him and the fisi should have had priority. Alosnso kept racing with him along the pit lane wheel to wheel, and I think it was fisi that actually had to concede the lane to alonso. You say alonso isn't at fault for not knowing there is a guying literally right next to him in the pit lane that he could see without even turning his head? Are you really that daft?

Ian McC
24th July 2007, 21:33
I don't recall it being in the garage, though he might have pulled out of the garage and stopped in the pit lane for some reason. He was in the pit lane and pulled out ahead of alonso. He was up to pit speed and got out in front of him with several feet to spare, thus he did not a thing wrong. Alonso, on the other hand, pulled out compeltely wheel to wheel with fisci, and he immidiately knew shortly after he pulled out fisi was wheel to wheel with him and the fisi should have had priority. Alosnso kept racing with him along the pit lane wheel to wheel, and I think it was fisi that actually had to concede the lane to alonso. You say alonso isn't at fault for not knowing there is a guying literally right next to him in the pit lane that he could see without even turning his head? Are you really that daft?

No, I'm saying from that report that I read that he was actually in the garage at the time, that's a hell of a lot different than pulling away from a pitstop. Which is actually what you quoted. You managed to read a lot more into that than I put.

Hendersen
24th July 2007, 21:49
No, I'm saying from that report that I read that he was actually in the garage at the time, that's a hell of a lot different than pulling away from a pitstop. Which is actually what you quoted. You managed to read a lot more into that than I put.

Can you not god damn read?Schumacher did NOTHING wrong, regardless of where or how the hell he pulled out. Alonso did. Do I need to repeat it for your inbred brain to comprehend?

donKey jote
24th July 2007, 21:54
how about you read this (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=282922&postcount=1) and stop behaving like an alonso ;) :p :

oops, maybe I should have also read it more carefully :andrea:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Hendersen
24th July 2007, 22:01
how about you read this (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=282922&postcount=1) and stop behaving like an alonso ;) :p :

oops, maybe I should have also read it more carefully :andrea:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Uhh, the British are the most inbred ethnic group in the western world. There is no personal attack, only a statement of fact. Because you don't like those facts has nothing to do with me nor the statement of them.

JustRace
24th July 2007, 22:11
Man, cut people some slack.............

Reread what you posted:

From the article:

"The Spaniard claimed the German lacks respect after an incident during the final 15 minutes of qualifying when Schumacher, 37, was waved out of the Ferrari garage just as Alonso was driving along the same part of the pit lane."

You then posted:
"I don't recall it being in the garage, though he might have pulled out of the garage and stopped in the pit lane for some reason. He was in the pit lane and pulled out ahead of alonso. He was up to pit speed and got out in front of him with several feet to spare, thus he did not a thing wrong. Alonso, on the other hand, pulled out compeltely wheel to wheel with fisci, and he immidiately knew shortly after he pulled out fisi was wheel to wheel with him and the fisi should have had priority. Alosnso kept racing with him along the pit lane wheel to wheel, and I think it was fisi that actually had to concede the lane to alonso. You say alonso isn't at fault for not knowing there is a guying literally right next to him in the pit lane that he could see without even turning his head? Are you really that daft?"

So, what is it about the article you posted that you cannot figure out? And you seem to remember more than is published in the article - yet you criticize people for not knowing all of the facts - jeez.

You also started out the thread by saying:

"When schumacher pulled out just a couple feet in front of Alonso in the pit lane? The first thing you hear over the radio is alonso saying "I can't believe it. did you see what Michael just did?"

That is nowhere in the article you posted - so I believ your agenda is showing....

For those who might know - are pitlane rules different from Qualifying to Race? Maybe if the race had been running Fernando might have a point about priority - but in qualifying, does this apply.

donKey jote
24th July 2007, 22:19
Uhh, the British are the most inbred ethnic group in the western world. There is no personal attack, only a statement of fact. Because you don't like those facts has nothing to do with me nor the statement of them.

LINK PLEASE !!! (c) :bounce:

:dozey:

Dave B
24th July 2007, 22:20
I'm not sure if you read the T&Cs you agreed to when you signed up, but personal attacks are not permitted on these forums.

Calling any subset of posters "inbred" is a personal attack whether you think so or not.

Ian McC
24th July 2007, 22:24
I don't think I really need to respond to that, it really isn't worth it, as you can't argue the point without resorting to personal insults.

donKey jote
24th July 2007, 22:24
now where's that chit chat thread ? :andrea: :p :

Hendersen
24th July 2007, 22:29
I don't think I really need to respond to that, it really isn't worth it, as you can't argue the point without resorting to personal insults.

But then you already have, eh?

Hendersen
24th July 2007, 22:30
LINK PLEASE !!! (c) :bounce:

:dozey:

Uhh, go to JSOR, Pub med or some other major medical source and search for "british isles" "inbreeding" "human genetics".

Dave B
24th July 2007, 22:31
So essentially you're admitting being racist? :\

donKey jote
24th July 2007, 22:34
those links don't exist... go on Hendersen, be a man and apologise (like Fernando did after being called an arseole by Massa :p : )

Hendersen
24th July 2007, 22:54
So essentially you're admitting being racist? :\

Racist? Ummm, I think you are confused. British is an ethnicity, three in fact(English, Welsh, Scotish). And they all differ somewhat in their recessivity, AKA degeree of being imbred, but as a whole they are far higher on the scale than any other western country.

donKey jote
24th July 2007, 23:00
What, you mean even more than the Irish? :p :
So much for your facts ! :dozey:

Hendersen
24th July 2007, 23:04
What, you mean even more than the Irish? :p :
So much for your facts ! :dozey:

Far more, oddly( It's generally the case that all island popualtions become increasinlgy imbred prior to modern forms of travel). Apparently the the Irish have had plenty of gene flux from various sources through the generations, from anglos, saxons, their Gaelic neighbors, and of course the vikings, whom they were poorly equiped to defend against.

ioan
25th July 2007, 08:22
Perhaps this is what makes him the best out there? Senna and Schumacher crossed the line and risked too much on a number of occassions, and were not afraid to drive their rivals off the road if need be; Mansell & Piquet had their fair share of rather risky moves, too as far as I can recall.

You simply don't become F1 world champion by being a nice guy and yielding to everyone.

There is a difference between fighting hard on track and fighting wheel to wheel on the pit lane only half a meter from the pit crews! :rolleyes:
The first is called hard racing and the second is called brain damage!

wmcot
25th July 2007, 09:01
There is a difference between fighting hard on track and fighting wheel to wheel on the pit lane only half a meter from the pit crews! :rolleyes:
The first is called hard racing and the second is called brain damage!

The first is called hard racing, the second is called potential mass fatalities!

raikk
25th July 2007, 09:51
We have seen Kimi,Schumi.Monty and many others do this and I hear nothing.. and yet when Alonso does it everyone screams bloody murder.. for sure it is somewhat dangerous but thats racing

Hendersen
25th July 2007, 10:32
We have seen Kimi,Schumi.Monty and many others do this and I hear nothing.. and yet when Alonso does it everyone screams bloody murder.. for sure it is somewhat dangerous but thats racing

People would care less if Alonso wasn't 1. such a god damn baby and 2. an obvious hypocrite. I haven't seen anyone racing wheel to wheel with someone in the pit lane ever before, let alone the given individual also berate a driver in the past for doing something similar?

Ranger
25th July 2007, 10:37
The first is called hard racing, the second is called potential mass fatalities!

Correction: The first is called potential mass fatalities, the second is called potential mass fatalities.

Motorsport is dangerous, people. If anyone who attends a grand prix doesn't know that then they shouldn't bloody be there.

Besides - I've seen pit-lane duels at least 10 times over the past 2 years with no complaint until now when Alonso does it, but maybe that's the effect of winning. It's the same with anything questionable in F1. It's all fine until someone wins and does it.

As for Alonso "crying"...

You'll find that across history, F1 champions (before their title-winning days) tend to criticise others (particularly F1 champions at the time) about dangerous driving because they come off second best because of it. When those drivers become champions however, they become more ruthless to the extent that they do exactly the same thing. Alonso has progressed well down that path.

For example, you'll hear Schumacher cry "It's unfair" to Flavio in South Africa in 1993 because Senna closed the door on him, resulting in Schumacher spinning out of the race. Look at the many questionable if effective things Schumacher did in Grands Prix since.

ArrowsFA1
25th July 2007, 11:55
I haven't seen anyone racing wheel to wheel with someone in the pit lane ever before, let alone the given individual also berate a driver in the past for doing something similar?
In which case you can't have seen every GP in recent times. It's happened before and will no doubt happen again.

Hendersen
25th July 2007, 11:57
In which case you can't have seen every GP in recent times. It's happened before and will no doubt happen again.

Go ahead and name some races in the last 5 years where two people were racing wheel to wheel in the pit lane.

555-04Q2
25th July 2007, 12:07
Problem 1 - lollipop man lets Alonso go out and cuts off a driver and the world ****es all over both of them.

Problem 2 - lollipop man holds Alonso for an extra second and costs Alonso and Mclaren the race win. Ron says to lollipop man," why the fu@k did you not let Alonso go sooner?".

Its a no win situation for the lollipop man and Alonso who is only doing what the lollipop man has instructed him to do, GO!!!

555-04Q2
25th July 2007, 12:09
Go ahead and name some races in the last 5 years where two people were racing wheel to wheel in the pit lane.

It has happend quite a few times in the last 3 or 4 years, and no, I cant be bothered to remember during which races it happened.

F1MAN2007
25th July 2007, 12:13

Since this season, I have seen that whatever MS did in the past is allowed and FIA never comment on this but says it is a normal. :D

A good thing is that some Guys out there are doing best than him this time!! :D

MAX_THRUST
25th July 2007, 12:49
1) The Pit lanes are to narrow in Europe, but in the US they still manage to bang into each other with all the room in the world, so wadda ya do????

2) I think there are too many people in the pit lane, three men to change one wheel, I always felt there should be one man each wheel, two to fuel, one to raise the air jacks instead of manual jacks that get dragged down the track, oh and the guy with the lollipop should be in the garage with a long stick and then some one else with better vision(on the pit wall) calls when it is safe to go. There so many round the car you can't see the sponsors some times.

3) The guy with the lollipop, damn his job sucks!!!! Lol please......

MAX_THRUST
25th July 2007, 12:52
Alternatively lets put a 15 mph speed limit in pit lane,

Oh look they are still racing each other out of pit lane......What part of RACE DRIVERS do we all forget?

Make the pit lans wider and slow the speed down, it reduces the risk, but it will still happen. I'll shut up now.........

ArrowsFA1
25th July 2007, 12:53
France 2007 - free practice - Davidson/Liuzzi
Bahrain 2004 - race - Barrichello/Trulli
France 2003 - free practice - M Schumacher/Webber

There's three, two of which resulted in fines for the team releasing their driver from the box which resulted in a collision.

I do remember others; Spain one year I think when a BAR and another car raced out of the pits side by side. There are more.

These kind of things will inevitably happen with competitive people looking to gain time at every opportunity. It is one of the dangers of having frequent pitstops, however things are so much safer now than in the days of no pitlane speed limits and narrower pitlanes. For example, an Osella mechanic was fatally injured at the Belgian GP in 1981 when he stepped back off the pitwall into the path of Carlos Reutemann's Williams. The Zolder pitlane was about as wide as an F1 car with mechanics working on one side and team personnel perched on the pitwall the other.

Hendersen
25th July 2007, 15:31
It has happend quite a few times in the last 3 or 4 years, and no, I cant be bothered to remember during which races it happened.

I can't be bothered to take your word for it. Put up or shut up.

555-04Q2
25th July 2007, 15:33
I can't be bothered to take your word for it. Put up or shut up.

If you had bothered to watch F1 races over the last few years, you would know the answers.

Hendersen
25th July 2007, 15:36
If you had bothered to watch F1 races over the last few years, you would know the answers.

Oh, I have watched them, but apparently not in the alternative dimension you seem to live in

Flat.tyres
25th July 2007, 15:54
Oh, I have watched them, but apparently not in the alternative dimension you seem to live in

Im glad you hate us Brits because I would feel ashamed to have you as a friend :p :

first, you talk total and utter rubbish when you say you dont remember Schumacher coming out of the garage when you actually posted he did and then Arrows gives you 3 specific instances of drivers squabbleing in the pits which you choose not to acknowledge and maintain that it doesn't happen. for crying out load mate, we ALL know it happens. Its always happened and always will do. thats not to say it's right and shouldn't go unpunished but dont be so blind and ignorant of facts in your quest to be insulting.

Hendersen
25th July 2007, 16:13
Im glad you hate us Brits because I would feel ashamed to have you as a friend :p :

Oh, I'm sure I'll live.

first, you talk total and utter rubbish when you say you dont remember Schumacher coming out of the garage when you actually posted he did and

Huh? I NEVER said he came out of the garage. He was takimg a pit stop and massa was moving down the pit lane and schumacher needed to get out of the way. He was released and got out several feet ahead of Alonso, whom he never would have seen.

then Arrows gives you 3 specific instances of drivers squabbleing in the pits which you choose not to acknowledge and maintain that it doesn't happen.
for crying out load mate, we ALL know it happens. Its always happened and always will do. thats not to say it's right and shouldn't go unpunished but dont be so blind and ignorant of facts in your quest to be insulting.

Arrows gave three incidents of drivers racing wheel to wheel in the pits? oh ya, what message board? Not this one. None of those raced wheel to wheel. They pulled out close to flush with the other driver, but none were stupid enough to try to turn the pitlane into a drag race like Alonso did.

ArrowsFA1
25th July 2007, 16:36
Arrows gave three incidents of drivers racing wheel to wheel in the pits? oh ya, what message board? Not this one. None of those raced wheel to wheel. They pulled out close to flush with the other driver, but none were stupid enough to try to turn the pitlane into a drag race like Alonso did.
The Barrichello/Trulli incident was very similar to the one being discussed here. (Link (http://atlasf1.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/12963/.html))

Given that speed limiters are used there was hardly a "drag race". The cars simply maintained position (admittedly in close company) until the end of the pitlane.

Flat.tyres
25th July 2007, 16:38
Oh, I'm sure I'll live.

oh, I hope you do as I really value your insightful and balanced posts but im getting worried they give me a superiority complex. :D

Huh? I NEVER said he came out of the garage. He was takimg a pit stop and massa was moving down the pit lane and schumacher needed to get out of the way. He was released and got out several feet ahead of Alonso, whom he never would have seen.

I am now convinced you are incapable of actually reading correctly. I never said that you wrote he came out of the garage. I wrote that you POSTED he did in that article you linked to which you obviously didn't read properly either.

here's the section in case you missed it when you posted it earlier.

The Spaniard claimed the German lacks respect after an incident during the final 15 minutes of qualifying when Schumacher, 37, was waved out of the Ferrari garage just as Alonso was driving along the same part of the pit lane.

sorry, what the hell are you talking about now? Alonso was never wheel to wheel. he pulled out in a dangerous manner in my opinion but was mostly in front and there was no "drag" race. :rolleyes: try and spend a little time in reality before posting rubbish.

Firstgear
25th July 2007, 17:01

Fisi ws a lap down, so I don't think that you can say Fisi & Alonso were racing eachother.

Fisi should've just let Alonso past, seeing as he'd be shown the blue flags on the track anyway if he didn't let him by.

Hendersen
25th July 2007, 17:07
The Barrichello/Trulli incident was very similar to the one being discussed here. (Link (http://atlasf1.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/12963/.html))

Given that speed limiters are used there was hardly a "drag race". The cars simply maintained position (admittedly in close company) until the end of the pitlane.

You seemed to have removed my calling someone a liar. What exactly is someone that says you did something when in fact you never did it as can be easily proved by the thread the very claim was made in??? Explain.

Flat.tyres
25th July 2007, 17:37
You seemed to have removed my calling someone a liar. What exactly is someone that says you did something when in fact you never did it as can be easily proved by the thread the very claim was made in??? Explain.

actually, you called me a "God Damn Liar" and as I pointed out in my last entry, you posted exactly what I claimed you had so Arrows probably took it out to save you having to apologise :p :

now, perhaps you can provide some proof that they were wheel to wheel :)

andreag
25th July 2007, 19:03
This is official:

To: The Team Manager of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

The Stewards received a report with indicated that there may have been an unsafe release from a pit stop of a car nr.1 driven by Fernando Alonso. The stewards subsequently asked the competidors representative to seem then.

The stewards after viewing video evidence, hearing from a representative of ING Renault F1 Team and hearing the explanation of the Competitor's representative decided that the incident requires no further action.

Ian McC
25th July 2007, 21:04
Well that's that then, it appears Alonso isn't such a 'dumb ass' after all.

donKey jote
25th July 2007, 22:25
bla

ShiftingGears
26th July 2007, 14:50

Ahem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFB7W9jwt2E

What were you saying about alternative dimension again?

Flat.tyres
26th July 2007, 16:07
Ahem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFB7W9jwt2E

What were you saying about alternative dimension again?

dont waste your breath mate. the blokes just a flamer that makes ludicrous statements that are blatently lies and then accuses everyone else of lying.

ioan
26th July 2007, 16:13
dont waste your breath mate. the blokes just a flamer that makes ludicrous statements that are blatently lies and then accuses everyone else of lying.

That doesn't give you the right to call him a liar either! :rolleyes:

Hendersen
26th July 2007, 17:28
Did Kubica/BMW get penalized for that? Becuase that was indeed exactly what Fernanado pulled.

Flat.tyres
27th July 2007, 09:38
Did Kubica/BMW get penalized for that? Becuase that was indeed exactly what Fernanado pulled.

these 2 were wheel to wheel. last weeks was not. prove otherwise.

Hendersen
27th July 2007, 11:06

Alonso and Fisi were not wheel to wheel?? What GP were you watching? Not Nurburgring, because they clearly raced down the pitlane wheel the wheel for a good while, then the camera cut off and you can't see what happened as they neared the end, though it looked like fisi was the one that was conceding the lane. The only two videos I found on youtube now don't exist so meh. Hopefully more honest people will respond to the thread and confirm it. I don't know why you would try to lie about something like this when it just happened and is fresh in a lot of mind.

ioan
27th July 2007, 11:21

Watch it again, this time with your reading spectacles, not the chromed lens ones!

555-04Q2
27th July 2007, 12:33

Here's a hint then, open your eyes and you will see what is happening on your TV.

Flat.tyres
27th July 2007, 13:26
Alonso and Fisi were not wheel to wheel?? What GP were you watching? Not Nurburgring, because they clearly raced down the pitlane wheel the wheel for a good while, then the camera cut off and you can't see what happened as they neared the end, though it looked like fisi was the one that was conceding the lane. The only two videos I found on youtube now don't exist so meh. Hopefully more honest people will respond to the thread and confirm it. I don't know why you would try to lie about something like this when it just happened and is fresh in a lot of mind.

I am getting a bit fed up with you calling me a liar and then failing to retract it when its pointed out youre talking rubbish.

Pino and Arrows can keep tidying up your racist and insulting posts sunshine but it doesn't change the fact that every time you come out with claims like "they raced wheel to wheel down the pit lane" and fail to back it up, you end up looking like a idiot.

I remember Alonso pulling out too close to the other car, I remember that he would have been partially alongside for about a second until he cleared the BMW pit and I remember thinking it was too close and would not have thought it too harsh if they got a 10 second stop go. BUT there was no way they were racing wheel to wheel down the pit lane as you claim or as in the example given earlier.

As I say, prove your statement.

Hendersen
27th July 2007, 15:13
Here's a hint then, open your eyes and you will see what is happening on your TV.

Blah, blah. I've seen essentially every GP in the last 5 years, although the majority of the time I have not watched the qualifying. Sometimes we don't get all the GP races over here in the states, though, especially if there is some other racing event that cuts across that time window. I never saw this incident with Kubica but, as I said, I agree that it is very similar to Alonso/fisi incident.
----------------------------

This really didn't have to do with penalties, actually. I thought the title would make that obvious. I could care less if they gave mclaren a fine or gave him a stop and go penalty(actually i wouldn't have wanted him to get a stop and go penalty unless Fisi was fighting him for a place). The issue I had was with alonso being a little cry baby bitch that does even worse than what he criticizes other people for doing.

Flat.tyres
27th July 2007, 15:22
can you stop using such disrespectfull comments about drivers please. while your assertion that Alonso suffers from a degree of double standards and hypocricy has some merit, the rude way you state it and the factual errors such as saying it was the same as the Kubica example and claiming that this sort of thing doesn't happen as you did earlier, take any weight away from your arguement.

some drivers will never admit they are in any way wrong where others are slightly more objective. I agree that Alonso is in the former group if thats what the point of this thread was all about.

Hendersen
27th July 2007, 15:27
can you stop using such disrespectfull comments about drivers please. while your assertion that Alonso suffers from a degree of double standards and hypocricy has some merit, the rude way you state it and the factual errors such as saying it was the same as the Kubica example and claiming that this sort of thing doesn't happen as you did earlier, take any weight away from your arguement.

Nice bit of logic, er, I guess I should say illogic. Kubica/Alonso incident has not a god damn thing to do with alonso/fisi and the comments and incident of Schuamcher/Alonso. But thanks for playing the non sequitur game!

Flat.tyres
27th July 2007, 15:33
Nice bit of logic, er, I guess I should say illogic. Kubica/Alonso incident has not a god damn thing to do with alonso/fisi and the comments and incident of Schuamcher/Alonso. But thanks for playing the non sequitur game!

all I said was that one involved wheel to wheel all the way down the pit and onto the track and one was more a cut up in the pit lane.

but I guess you cannot be polite even when responding to someone that agrees that Alonso is about as subjective as ioan. :rolleyes: