PDA

View Full Version : Funniest dvd/film ?

pino
22nd July 2007, 07:01
I need some help guys, I must buy the funniest film available for a special person, so please post your suggestions...thanks :s mokin:

oily oaf
22nd July 2007, 08:10
Pino. I can lend you my copy of Juventus 0 West Ham 25 filmed at The Stadio Del Alppi in 1975 when The Hammers cruised into the last four of The European Cup only to be narrowly edged out 47 nil by Accrington Stanley in a close fought encounter at Upton Park.
I want it back though :mad:

Valve Bounce
22nd July 2007, 08:53
I need some help guys, I must buy the funniest film available for a special person, so please post your suggestions...thanks :s mokin:

Shrek - if you havn't seen it yet, you'd love it. I bought it for my grandson, and we watch it together.

pino
22nd July 2007, 10:01
Pino. I can lend you my copy of Juventus 0 West Ham 25 filmed at The Stadio Del Alppi in 1975 when The Hammers cruised into the last four of The European Cup only to be narrowly edged out 47 nil by Accrington Stanley in a close fought encounter at Upton Park.

Thanks oily but unfortunatelly that person (my wife) doesn't like football :p :

Valve, Shrek is already in our dvd collection :D

oily oaf
22nd July 2007, 10:12
Thanks oily but unfortunatelly that person (my wife) doesn't like football :p :

Valve, Shrek is already in our dvd collection :D

What about that old classic "Some Like It Hot" in which Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis dress up as women and join a ladies dance band.
Very very funny. I'm sure your lovely lady will enjoy it.
Plus it gives you the chance to look closely at the delicious Marilyn Monroe. :D
Hubba! Hubba! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! (tips bucket of ice water down trousers)

Curryhead
22nd July 2007, 10:31
Pino, must it be a recent film, or any funny film??

Ian McC
22nd July 2007, 10:40
Airplane is always a good one :)

DonnieDarco
22nd July 2007, 11:01
Airplane is the best :D There's also Loaded Weapon 1, a spoof on the Lethal Weapon films amongst others.

Office Space is good too :D

fasttrakker55
22nd July 2007, 11:40
Liar liar.....very old movie but still one of the funniest.

What about Money Talks / Rush Hour / Shanghai Noon, Nights / There's Something about Mary / I know its all old but these are at the top of my head right now....

pino
22nd July 2007, 12:39
Pino, must it be a recent film, or any funny film??

Any funny film mate ;)

tinchote
22nd July 2007, 12:50
How about "What about Bob?" :)

DaveTaylor
22nd July 2007, 14:39
Mel Brooks blazing saddles its a classic "badges? We don need no stinkin badges" or my cousin vinny with joe pesci is another

Curryhead
22nd July 2007, 16:21
how about Ice Age then? I know its for kids, but it makes me roll, and I reckon I have seen it more times than my kids :)

Ian McC
22nd July 2007, 19:02
How about "What about Bob?" :)

Ugh, I could only manage about half an hour of that before I switched off :s

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd July 2007, 19:48

Is this a comedy film? :s

tinchote
22nd July 2007, 20:01
Ugh, I could only manage about half an hour of that before I switched off :s

Funny, that happened with "Airplane" to me :D

I suggest we don't get together for a movie ;) :p :

Ian McC
22nd July 2007, 21:10
I suggest we don't get together for a movie ;) :p :

Drinks then? :D

Drew
22nd July 2007, 21:42
Is this a comedy film? :s

I know, I've spent all day trying to search for the ruddy thing and I haven't found anything :mad:

tinchote
22nd July 2007, 21:44
Drinks then? :D

I don't drink alcohol (many consider it one of my main defects ;) ), but we can certainly do it on some juice :D

Malbec
22nd July 2007, 22:47
I'd suggest Withnail and I as the funniest film ever but if she's not into British humour she may not get it....

CarlMetro
23rd July 2007, 08:45
Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

Mark
23rd July 2007, 09:24
Saw Big Nothing last weekend, was quite funny, in a black humour sort of way. Although it did seem like they missed an entire scene off the end.

Although it is set in the USA, it was actually filmed in Canada, Wales and The Isle of Man.

Mark
23rd July 2007, 09:26
There is also Karens favourite film of all time: It's all gone Pete Tong.
About an Ibiza DJ who loses his hearing- doesn't sound funny on the face of it, I know :p

Mark
23rd July 2007, 09:29
Some more which pino asked me to add to the thread otherwise he wouldn't remember it:
Shaun of the Dead
Hot Fuzz

pino
23rd July 2007, 09:34
Thanks Guys, but please keep posting, I still have 1 week time before I buy it :D

tinchote
23rd July 2007, 10:19
Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

That's #2 in my list :)

thetrooper_uk
23rd July 2007, 13:29
I reckon Spaceballs is a good bet or freddy got fingered.

DonnieDarco
23rd July 2007, 14:08
Supertroopers is very funny :D

Dave B
23rd July 2007, 15:10
I saw Dodgeball the other day. It's utterly rubbish. So rule that one out. :p

Storm
23rd July 2007, 16:10
You need to pick your movies right Dave!

I saw Nacho Libre on saturday but its crap as well.....I only got it because I liked School of Rock :s

How about Meet the Parents? I don't like Ben Stiller but thought that movie was funny.

CarlMetro
23rd July 2007, 16:11
Meet the parents/Fockers or pretty much anything by Mel Brookes.

Ian McC
23rd July 2007, 21:32
Fletch or Batcherlor Party

And of course The Burbs :D

DustyJones
23rd July 2007, 21:33
If you know she likes Coen bros. films, "The Big Lebowski" is gold. Gets funnier every time you see it.

If she hasn't seen anything by them, "Raising Arizona" is a funny one to start with.

Just to give you an idea of what I consider funny, I'm definitely siding with the pro-"What About Bob" crowd. Bill Murray used to make some great comedies.

DustyJones
23rd July 2007, 21:35
If you know she likes Coen bros. films, "The Big Lebowski" is gold. Gets funnier every time you see it.

If she hasn't seen anything by them, "Raising Arizona" is a funny one to start with.

Just to give you an idea of what I consider funny, I'm definitely siding with the pro-"What About Bob" crowd. Bill Murray used to make some great comedies.

Of course, I'm assuming everyone's already seen Borat . . .

Lousada
23rd July 2007, 22:52
Monty Phyton and the Holy Grail and/or Life of Brian.

Spoonbender
24th July 2007, 15:45
Hey, I'm surprised no-one has mentioned these comic cuts.
"STOP or my Mom will shoot" or the hilarious "Tango and Cash" featuring that comic genius Silvester Stallone :) Man that dude is funny

DustyJones
24th July 2007, 23:06
Don't forget "The Jerk"! Steve Martin's hair hadn't even gone white back then!

Monty Python's Holy Grail is, like, the Holy Grail of comedies. I just assume everyone's seen it, but that's a good one to bring up just in case.

Sorry about the double post earlier.

One more suggestion if you like Ben Stiller/ Owen Wilson: Zoolander. Will Ferrell has a great character in that one too.

Rollo
25th July 2007, 01:58
I think that the two funniest films I've seen are Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines and The Marx Brothers: Go West.

One has several people fall into a sewage farm, while the latter ends with the still moving carriages of a railway train being broken up to keep the fire going.

Sleeper
25th July 2007, 14:03
I always thought Snatch was very funny.

akv89
25th July 2007, 15:09
Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Young Frankenstein, The Gods Must be Crazy.
Anything with Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) is a solid comedy.

Paul Holroyd
27th July 2007, 09:21
All funny films each and everone of them but what about "LIFE OF BRIAN"

Also "Who's minding the Store" Jerry Lewis I think that's how you spell his name.

The Old one's are the best.

LeonBrooke
27th July 2007, 09:59
I liked Blades of Glory.

Then there's Bend it Like Beckham, and Transformers. They're pretty funny too.

pino
27th July 2007, 11:56
Thanks Guys :up: I've now made up my mind, it will be Shrek 2 but I will probably buy Ice Age 2 as well (for myself) :D Hopefully I can find both DVD here in Denmark...

Curryhead
27th July 2007, 21:38
ICE AGE You have taste Pino :) I love them films me :)

ChrisS
27th July 2007, 22:31
Mel Brooks blazing saddles its a classic "badges? We don need no stinkin badges"

"Now, go do that voodoo that you do so well." :D

It seems I'm a bit late but I will post my opinion about the funniest classic movies anyway

Anything by Mel Brooks except "Dracula: Dead and Loving It", the original The Producers, Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are his best movies IMO.

Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove with Peter Sellers is a masterpiece, and Peter Sellers stars in several other great comedies, the Pink Panther movies especially the original and "a shot in the dark" and "The Party" are some of my favorites