PDA

View Full Version : Cerne Abbas Fatty?

Daniel
17th July 2007, 22:51
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/6901543.stm

What do people think about this?

I can understand why some people might not be too happy but lets be honest! With the amount of rain we're having of late he'll be a distant memory and I'm sure a significant donation was made towards the upkeep of Cerne Abbas and that can only be a good thing :)

Drew
17th July 2007, 23:26
I thought it was funny, but if they hadn't made a fuss, there would have been no publicity for the film.

Loobylou
18th July 2007, 13:07
It's just one of those things - some people will see it as desecration, some as a temporary desecration, some a bit of a giggle although temporary.

Might have been wise to 'consult' the druids, but as Drew said it would only have been a local advertising feature if they hadn't made a fuss.

Mark in Oshawa
21st July 2007, 16:08
Somehow I think society has "jumped the Shark" when it allows this amount advertising near a great landmark. Not sure of what the Simpson's movie would gain either. Simpson's fans will love it and go anyhow, and those who are on the fence might be offended.

I always thought you Brits were more civilized towards this sort of thing.......but then again you did give the world Black Adder, Mr. Bean, the Pythons and other assorted loons, so nothing should surprise me.....