PDA

View Full Version : "You've got company!"

Hazell B
16th July 2007, 21:40
When my AOL signs on, it says (in Joanna Lumley's voice I think) "you've got email" and so on, but just now it said "you've got company!" for the first time ever.

I switched off and signed on again, but it hasn't repeated the phrase. Does anyone think it was a warning of somebody entering my net account or something? Or just another new phrase to tell me buddy is also on line?

Erki
16th July 2007, 21:53
What do you use AOL for? And do you agree with me that the doodle that is AOL's logo is much better than MSN's fat green ... I don't know, humanoid?

Dave B
16th July 2007, 22:10
Ah, you're the one still using AOL in the 21st century! :p

Drew
16th July 2007, 22:17
If you use AIM (AOL instant messenger) I would have assumed you had a friend online :)

Erki
17th July 2007, 00:07
Does anyone here use ICQ?

Daniel
17th July 2007, 08:03
Ah, you're the one still using AOL in the 21st century! :p
No there are plenty of imbecile mortgage brokers still using it too Dave!

janneppi
17th July 2007, 08:14
Does anyone here use ICQ?
I used to, along with IRC through Trillian, but in order to get an extra frame per second while gaming stopped using my account and moved solely to IRC using a SSH client.

Or Putty through my cell phone :p :

Eki
17th July 2007, 09:03
but just now it said "you've got company!" for the first time ever.

I don't think it's anything to worry about, but if it yells "BEHIND YOU!!", you're in trouble.

Hazell B
18th July 2007, 19:47
I don't think it's anything to worry about, but if it yells "BEHIND YOU!!", you're in trouble.

:laugh:

What's wrong with AOL?
They won some customer service thingy over the other internet providers recently, I think. To be honest, I just never changed.

Who's better for narrow band?

Daniel
18th July 2007, 19:57
:laugh:

What's wrong with AOL?
They won some customer service thingy over the other internet providers recently, I think. To be honest, I just never changed.

Who's better for narrow band?
Is there any reason you can't get broadband? :mark:

Erki
18th July 2007, 20:11
Hazell, are you on dial-up? Dial-up is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 20th century. :p