PDA

View Full Version : almost funny

Curryhead
16th July 2007, 17:59
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/6900884.stm

:dozey:

oily oaf
16th July 2007, 18:16
That's small beer mate. A bloke down the round from me was knighted and made Governor General of Barbados after scraping his knee on a pensioner's zimmer frame after he'd just had it on his toes with his pension book. :eek:

Drew
16th July 2007, 18:16
What for exactly? It's not like he had to pay for medical treatment and he certainly didn't have loss of earnings.

Almost unbelievable :confused:

Dave B
16th July 2007, 19:27
My dad used to control a multi-million pound maintenance budget for Southern Water buildings before it was privatised. Some of the works were repeatedly targeted by burglars or vandals but he wasn't allowed to put a barbed wire fence up in case they injured themselves :rolleyes:

Flat.tyres
17th July 2007, 10:29
now, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the design of a gate to open and close. Similarly. isn't a swing supposed to swing back and forward?

so, some little sh*t can trespass, jump on a gate which is not designed to be swung on, break it and sue for 6k?

excuse me, I'm just about to steal a pen, stick it up my nose and sue bic for assaulting my bogeys.

Loobylou
17th July 2007, 18:10
now, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the design of a gate to open and close. Similarly. isn't a swing supposed to swing back and forward?

so, some little sh*t can trespass, jump on a gate which is not designed to be swung on, break it and sue for 6k?

excuse me, I'm just about to steal a pen, stick it up my nose and sue bic for assaulting my bogeys.

:rotflmao:

I missed that article - it's ridiculous, this country (& I suspect many others) is just sinking in crap because of people like this. Always having to pander to the lowest common denominator. :rolleyes:

What happened to the 'if you fall out of that tree & break your leg don't come running to me' attitude? He should be paying for the gate to be repaired, but then that would mean doing something worthwhile like getting a job.

schmenke
17th July 2007, 21:22
...excuse me, I'm just about to steal a pen, stick it up my nose and sue bic for assaulting my bogeys.

Don't bother. I'm sure your complaint letter would just seem nosey.

Flat.tyres
18th July 2007, 10:10
:rotflmao:

I missed that article - it's ridiculous, this country (& I suspect many others) is just sinking in crap because of people like this. Always having to pander to the lowest common denominator. :rolleyes:

how dare you young lady. Im astounded and insulted that you could dare......

oh, hang on. Youre talking about the little urchin right and not me :D

now, another question for everyone. does anyone know how to unblock the roller on a Bic please. mines got gummed up. ;)

Loobylou
18th July 2007, 13:02
how dare you young lady. Im astounded and insulted that you could dare......

oh, hang on. Youre talking about the little urchin right and not me :D

now, another question for everyone. does anyone know how to unblock the roller on a Bic please. mines got gummed up. ;)

Too much information there!!

ShiftingGears
18th July 2007, 13:26
I hope he got punched and someone took his lunch money. Thats absurd.