PDA

View Full Version : Ted 'I don't know anything bout the btcc' Kravitz

VXRDartford
15th July 2007, 21:24
I was watching the BTCC coverage on ITV today as was unable to go to Donnington. Its the first time I have watched it this season as I have either been there or been working but oes anyone else think that Ted kravitz does not have a clue what is going on?!!

He asked the seat team boss about the leons lack of straight line speed he (seat boss scott dennis i think) gave a good answer but drag and grip etc. then kravitz goes on bout they are running to wtcc regs and how the others are running to btcc regs!! He was quickly corrected by an annoyed looking dennis.

There were various other occations throughout the broadcast where he looked way out of his depth and kept refering to F1!!

Just wish we could have someone like charlie cox presenting it as he was good when he was on BBC.

VkmSpouge
15th July 2007, 22:18
I feel Kravitz does an okay job, though I always feel Louise Goodman does a better one.

wedge
15th July 2007, 22:23
Doesn't surprise me at all.

I'm guessing he thinks he can get away with last minute revision by flicking through Autosport.

I'm guessing he was trying to make a reference to Plato's outburst at SEAT are being handicapped too much.

cos
15th July 2007, 22:33
He asked the seat team boss about the leons lack of straight line speed he (seat boss scott dennis i think) gave a good answer but drag and grip etc. then kravitz goes on bout they are running to wtcc regs and how the others are running to btcc regs!! He was quickly corrected by an annoyed looking dennis.

I think he might have been trying to discuss the difference between the 'proper' S2000 cars and the 'local' S2000 ones (e.g. Honda) but getting completely muddled. For me, Ted's best line of the day was "you should get your backside trackside"!!

Brown, Jon Brow
15th July 2007, 22:46

BTCC and WTCC have different regs as Alan Gow keeps pointing out on his forum. Ted was probably talking about the fact that the WTCC SEAT has a flat floor, but doesn't in the BTCC.

I think he does a good job. Especially as at the start of race 3 the cars hadn't made it to the grid he found some interesting people to talk to, and it was a sharp spot to get an interview with Alan Gow as he walked past.

Just remember how poor the interviews were when V-BH did them.

Iain
15th July 2007, 22:51
For me, Ted's best line of the day was "you should get your backside trackside"!!

Which he followed up with "they don't sound like F1 does, but they're not bad". :mark:

BJB, don't you mean his interview with 'Alan Gowe'? ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
15th July 2007, 22:56
BJB, don't you mean his interview with 'Alan Gowe'? ;)

Who? :confused:

is this a joke of some kind? :uhoh:

No. I mean Alan GOW.

Iain
15th July 2007, 23:01
Did you not see the ITV caption? It said 'Alan Gowe'.

KILOHMUNNS
15th July 2007, 23:02
I also noticed that ITV put up Alan Gowe when Ted interviewed him on the grid!!

Brown, Jon Brow
15th July 2007, 23:04

I'm afraid not!

ITV aren't the only ones to get thongs wrong. BBC used to occasionally put stuff like 'John Clelland' or 'Ivan Muller'

VXRDartford
15th July 2007, 23:16
BTCC and WTCC have different regs as Alan Gow keeps pointing out on his forum. Ted was probably talking about the fact that the WTCC SEAT has a flat floor, but doesn't in the BTCC.

I think he does a good job. Especially as at the start of race 3 the cars hadn't made it to the grid he found some interesting people to talk to, and it was a sharp spot to get an interview with Alan Gow as he walked past.

Just remember how poor the interviews were when V-BH did them.

I realised what he was trying to say as he prob saw in his quick flick through of autosport would have told him that seat would like the same rule breaks they get in wtcc in the btcc but instead he said they ran to wtcc spec!!!

Anyway when he did get to talk to alan gow the first thing he started talking bout was F1!!

AndySpeed
16th July 2007, 00:04
Kravitz was quick and fluent whilst on the grid, asking relevant questions, something that previous presenters (VBH!) weren't.

Leave him alone for a bit :p :

bt52b
16th July 2007, 00:05
I feel Kravitz does an okay job, though I always feel Louise Goodman does a better one.

Can't her annoying everyone with stupid questions about LH on the F1 coverage and its not much better on BTCC coverage.

Ted will hopefully get better but I'm not so sure about LG. Was a bit surreal when he wanted to a grid walk and there were no cars :)

Anyway they should just follow Mr. Hyde around with a live camera ;)

Brooklands78
16th July 2007, 07:27
Anyway they should just follow Mr. Hyde around with a live camera ;)

Absolutely! The man is a legend and has a thorough knowledge of the sport and of the people taking part. Can't wait for this week's Tin Top - give Alan Hyde his own TV show!

Scuderia ferrari
16th July 2007, 07:55
I find them both so anoying. They only good 'un are Tim Harvey and Ben Edwards who do the commentary. Bring back VBH!

CarlMetro
16th July 2007, 09:26
Bring back VBH!

Please tell me you're joking :\

I think Ted does an OK job, just like he does with F1.

Mark
16th July 2007, 09:35
Ted and Louise both do an OK job. I would go as far as to say it's the best coverage BTCC has had since I started watching in the mid-90's.

Liz Bolton
16th July 2007, 10:05
Glad that we are not the only ones that get annoyed with Ted Kravitz, why does he always have to refer to F1 (I suppose that is all he knows about.)

Definitely give the job to Alan Hyde, his circuit commentary is brilliant cannot wait for TTT tomorrow.

bt52b
16th July 2007, 12:27
Ted and Louise both do an OK job. I would go as far as to say it's the best coverage BTCC has had since I started watching in the mid-90's.

They're trying a bit, as those driver lifestyle things do take a bit of effort. Kinda what you need on ITV1.

A better commentary team than the F1 one?

Mark
16th July 2007, 12:32
A better commentary team than the F1 one?

Ben Edwards and Ted Kravitz do a good job, neither are as good as Brundle, but then Brundle would suck at BTCC commentary, I'm sure :p .

I thought Charlie Cox was one of the best commentators the BTCC has had in recent times.

Dave B
16th July 2007, 13:24
For the best bit of BTCC commentary of recent times, have a look at this clip from Donington:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlUQN4K2wo0

:rotflmao:

A new sport is born!

Captain VXR
16th July 2007, 16:24
I'm afraid not!

ITV aren't the only ones to get thongs wrong. BBC used to occasionally put stuff like 'John Clelland' or 'Ivan Muller'

Was that deliberate, made me chuckle lol?

Brown, Jon Brow
16th July 2007, 16:37
:erm:

errrrrmmmm.........yes it was actually :o

:uhoh:

Allyc85
16th July 2007, 17:13
ted bugged the hell out of me! I love F1 but I watch the btcc to get away from it and dont care how loud they are, n that senna had an amazing lap there!

nicemms
16th July 2007, 17:19
I wish we had Alan Hyde doing btcc for ITV. At least he knows what hes on about!

reidy_fan
16th July 2007, 19:55
that bit from simon and john was top class :-)

agree Alan Hyde to do the ITV presenting

Iain
16th July 2007, 21:43
But then we'd lose valuable time from the Titch and Al double act on the PA system and that wouldn't be good. :(

LiamM
16th July 2007, 21:58
Talking about nothing all day is a real skill!

thetrooper_uk
17th July 2007, 01:58
I was watching the BTCC coverage on ITV today as was unable to go to Donnington. Its the first time I have watched it this season as I have either been there or been working but oes anyone else think that Ted kravitz does not have a clue what is going on?!!

There were various other occations throughout the broadcast where he looked way out of his depth and kept refering to F1!!

Just wish we could have someone like charlie cox presenting it as he was good when he was on BBC.
I think he's mince as well. Like you say he keeps referring to F1. Go back to F1 and annoy them instead. Get Vicky back she's much better also nicer looking as well.

thetrooper_uk
17th July 2007, 02:02
I'm afraid not!

Thongs wrong???? what has underwear got to do with it? LOL. :D

SEATFreak
17th July 2007, 09:31
I wasn't aware that anything he said was even wrong! :laugh: :rotflmao:

Dave B
17th July 2007, 13:30
A few years ago ITV bought a job lot of extra "E"s. They tried using some up on Pulling Power but obviously have some left over.

wedge
17th July 2007, 14:09
Get Vicky back she's much better also nicer looking as well.

No thanks! She's too much of a tease! She thinks she can get away with gaffs and poor live presenting skills with a few flirtatious bouts of giggling. At least Ted is comfortable with doing live telly.

Bring back Steve Rider! Someone should let him find out whether a S2000/BTC spec car are a lot easier to round Brands Hatch compared to Super Touring spec Volvo s40!

Captain VXR
17th July 2007, 17:22
I think Jeremy Clarkson could present it well. But its only cloud talk as he works for the BBC lol

SEATFreak
18th July 2007, 08:45
I think Jeremy Clarkson could present it well. But its only cloud talk as he works for the BBC lol

That's a thought. But what about Richard Hammond? Whilst Jeremy seems into F1 'The Hamster' seem into touring cars.

Remember when they did that MPV racing ages ago? He seemed up on the drivers when introducing them. He also seemed up on them when introducing them for that game of football in the Toyota Aygos. I think it was the Aygo.

Iain
18th July 2007, 12:21
He could have just read a load of stats and facts on it as research.

hoppers1212
18th July 2007, 12:29

Charlie Cox should come back along with John Watson sorry ben and tim if you read this and the boss of the seat team is scott dennis your right and hope they think who to put on the tv lol. :o

hoppers1212
18th July 2007, 12:32
Hey Iain i seen it thats bad stupid itv bring it back motors tv and have it on bbc insted of itv.

Andy

SEATFreak
18th July 2007, 12:44
He could have just read a load of stats and facts on it as research.

If I can do it he can! :cheese:

BDunnell
18th July 2007, 13:53
No thanks! She's too much of a tease! She thinks she can get away with gaffs and poor live presenting skills with a few flirtatious bouts of giggling. At least Ted is comfortable with doing live telly.

Bring back Steve Rider! Someone should let him find out whether a S2000/BTC spec car are a lot easier to round Brands Hatch compared to Super Touring spec Volvo s40!

I agree with both those points. It's a real shame that Rider is sat around doing nothing on weekends when BTCC is on but not F1.

thetrooper_uk
18th July 2007, 18:31
Hey Iain i seen it thats bad stupid itv bring it back motors tv and have it on bbc insted of itv.

Andy
Instead of adding E's your missing A's. Lol :s mokin: