PDA

View Full Version : Busch Jr About to Say Where He Goes

colinspooky
14th July 2007, 18:26
I have some suggestions ..... :p

MD24
15th July 2007, 04:48
I'm really starting to dislike this kid, he was whining again today after the Busch race

harvick#1
15th July 2007, 04:57
well at the same point, he can say what he really thinks about the team, they gave him the boot and hes just being very sarcastic.

too bad they put some much talent in a kid who can sometimes barely keep it together

Sparky1329
15th July 2007, 05:23
He's such an obnoxious spoiled brat. If these snotty comments of the past few weeks are a window to who he really is and what he's really like it should come as no surprise that HMS unceremoniously dumped him. He's doing a fine job of representing himself to potential employers.

blakebeatty
15th July 2007, 06:07
A week ago at Daytona, lame-duck Hendrick Motorsports driver #5-Kyle Busch complained his teammates weren’t doing enough to help him win. Friday at Chicagoland Speedway, Busch made it clear he won’t be doing anything for them in the future, either. "I'm not helping anybody but myself and this team for winning races," Busch said. "And I'm not helping Jeff Gordon. I'm not helping Jimmie Johnson or Casey Mears. They are able to go back and see what I run and that kind of stuff. But for me, it's just to go out there and to try to win races and keep winning with my name." Busch said that ever since last month’s announcement that he would be replaced next year by #8-Dale Earnhardt, Jr., he has felt ostracized from the team. Asked if he was concerned about how this could hurt his reputation with fans, Busch said, "My perception has been horrible since I came into this sport, so it doesn't really even matter any more."(

Crazy comments. After BV dumped Jimmie and Earnhardt at Talladega last year to get his first (only) win, I would hope that Hendrick won't take this lying down. I'd fire his ass. In saying that his perception with fans has been horrible, and it doesn't matter, is he not saying that the fans don't matter. He won't have trouble finding a seat, but I hope that this has impacted his efforts.

Aussie12
15th July 2007, 07:03
:down: I haven’t like him from the very beginning, so I admit I’m biased when I say that IMHO he being very ungrateful to HMS for giving him top class cars and crew to work with. Some other teams would not have put up with his temper/ego/behaviour for as long, but I will say that he’s a talented driver. The problem is that he’s been told that for a long time now. I didn’t like Kurt Busch once either but since his change of team and his marriage he seems to have settled down somewhat. :up:

So where will he go? Well, I gave Junior only a 4% change of going the HMS so I don’t think I’m the person to predict it. But I would like to see him go to Joe Gibbs. Imagine it; Busch the Younger and Smoke on the same “team”. Oh boy… :rotflmao:

blakebeatty
15th July 2007, 07:05
I don't like Kyle either, and I am a Hendrick Homer. I do find great humor in the fact that he said he is willing to listen to all offers except Roush Racing.

Sparky1329
15th July 2007, 16:10
I don't like Kyle either, and I am a Hendrick Homer. I do find great humor in the fact that he said he is willing to listen to all offers except Roush Racing.

He knows there's no point in knocking on that door. He has already burned that bridge. :laugh:

muggle not
15th July 2007, 16:17
He knows there's no point in knocking on that door. He has already burned that bridge. :laugh:
Or, maybe his brother Kurt burned the bridge for him. :D

Sparky1329
15th July 2007, 18:29
Or, maybe his brother Kurt burned the bridge for him. :D

I'm sure that experience didn't help either Busch, muggles. Geoff Smith was very vocal on the Driver X program about not wanting the team to hire another Kurt Busch. His exact quote which shocked me was, "Don't give me another Kurt Busch.".

Kyle was supposed to pursue a career at Roush until he got an offer he couldn't refuse from HMS. I bet that twisted Jack Roush's knickers a little. :D

tstran17_88
17th July 2007, 02:20
Kyle was supposed to pursue a career at Roush until he got an offer he couldn't refuse from HMS. I bet that twisted Jack Roush's knickers a little. :D Exactly! As soon as Kyle got the boot from Hendrick, Jack came out and said they have no interest in him. So Kyle was stating the obvious when he said anybody except Roush. If the demise of Kurt at Roush had an affect, it was very little IMO.

muggle not
17th July 2007, 03:52
Exactly! As soon as Kyle got the boot from Hendrick, Jack came out and said they have no interest in him. So Kyle was stating the obvious when he said anybody except Roush. If the demise of Kurt at Roush had an affect, it was very little IMO.
Just the opposite. Kurt left a very sour taste with Roush and he has had enough of the Busch brothers.

Mark in Oshawa
21st July 2007, 17:55
Jack Roush is a very generous guy and believes in the family concept. The Busches both at one point or another spit on that concept. Their self centered nature is what makes them decent race drivers with a lot of upside, but it is hell on everyone around them. Rick Hendrick gave up on Kyle because of the attitude.

As for Kyle having a say, well, he has already ticked off the two most powerful team owners in the sport. Joe Gibbs has Tony Stewart and Denny Hamelin. With Smoke, he has enough headaches, but at least Tony isn't a bad guy once he cools down. Joe I suspect doesn't want two guys that wont shut their trap, so if anyone replaces Yeley, it wouldn't likely be Kyle. Penske is probably not interested,even if Kurt and Kyle did want to be on the same team, so Kyle may THINK he controls his destiny,but the fact is he talked himself out of the best ride he may ever have, and if he keeps yapping, he might talk himself into a ride with Hall of Fame or another small one car operation, because no big owners will want the headache....