PDA

View Full Version : Bud and Jr to part then

colinspooky
13th July 2007, 21:49
He seemed quite upset :eek:

colinspooky
14th July 2007, 19:02
hmmm - 45 views, and no one seems bothered about it. I would have thought this was quite big news. Guess that shows what I know.
:p

trumperZ06
14th July 2007, 19:58
hmmm - 45 views, and no one seems bothered about it. I would have thought this was quite big news. Guess that shows what I know.

I think many of us are waiting to see if Bud & Jr. will have a "personal service contract" !!!

Me Thinks it's Hendricks that doesn't want Bud... not Jr. !!!

;) Jr. & Bud are made for each other... Bud helps to polish Jr's image with the 20 & 30 something crowd... and Jr helps sell the beer.

Jonesi
14th July 2007, 21:50

More likely, you really didn't give us much to respond to. Were you commenting on something you just saw on TV, if so which channel? Something you read, Nascar.com, Jayski, ESPN, SpeedTV? A link would have helped too.

The idea that there was no room at HMS for Bud has been getting obvious for a few weeks. Hendrick had sponsors signed for all his cars through 2009. Any change to the 5 (or 25) hood will probably be among rearranging current sponsor deals. If a Pepsi brand (as rumored) ends up as primary on JRs #5, I would expect Kelloggs to move to rear fender of #24.

Sparky1329
14th July 2007, 21:56
I don't think it's shocking. I also don't think it's that much of a big deal for Jr.

"You hear the rumors that they've been looking at Kasey Kahne for about two months now," Earnahrdt said. "They've definitely been entertaining some ideas on some other drivers.

"Kasey would really have a lot of fun with that. They would enjoy Kasey. It might bring him out of his shell a little bit. But there are a lot of great guys here that would definitely fit that brand and work well with Budweiser."

Earnhardt said it would be "cool" if Budweiser stayed at DEI. Signing Busch, who also is considering Joe Gibbs Racing, Richard Childress Racing, Evernham Motorsports and Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates would increase those odds.

"But wherever they decide to go will be the right choice for them," Earnhardt said. "They always make the right decision."

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=2935917

Jonesi
14th July 2007, 22:18
I think many of us are waiting to see if Bud & Jr. will have a "personal service contract" !!!

Me Thinks it's Hendricks that doesn't want Bud... not Jr. !!!

;) Jr. & Bud are made for each other... Bud helps to polish Jr's image with the 20 & 30 something crowd... and Jr helps sell the beer.

One of the reports said that the "personal service contract" is being dropped at the end of the year.

ShadowCar
14th July 2007, 22:30
One of the reports said that the "personal service contract" is being dropped at the end of the year.

Dropping the personal services contract surprised me. I would've thought he'd keep that and just take care of it the same way with Wrangler, Champion, Sony etc. I'm wondering if Bud wanted to drop it and start completely fresh. Because when you think about it, if he were still in the mix, who do you think the fans would want at the Bud events? Probably a wise move by Bud. Not a biggie to Junior but smart for Bud. Get their new driver established and move on. The talk is KK. Can't see it but at least he's got a fun personality and maybe he can toughen up a little. ;)

muggle not
14th July 2007, 22:40
You can read about it here:

http://plato.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119224&page=2

Jonesi
14th July 2007, 22:43
Dropping the personal services contract surprised me. I would've thought he'd keep that and just take care of it the same way with Wrangler, Champion, Sony etc. I'm wondering if Bud wanted to drop it and start completely fresh. Because when you think about it, if he were still in the mix, who do you think the fans would want at the Bud events? Probably a wise move by Bud. Not a biggie to Junior but smart for Bud. Get their new driver established and move on. The talk is KK. Can't see it but at least he's got a fun personality and maybe he can toughen up a little. ;)

I'm thinking it was probably just too complicated to continue.

Aussie12
15th July 2007, 06:21
He seemed quite upset :eek:

No more free beer. :(

blakebeatty
15th July 2007, 06:34

He will have to win the Bud Shootout annually to remedy that!

Aussie12
15th July 2007, 06:50
Too true, but then that beer has to last all year. I wonder if he'll hit Bud for massive amounts of the amber liquid before the end of the year so he can stock up. :beer:

blakebeatty
15th July 2007, 07:01
That'd definately be the way to go!

Aussie12
16th July 2007, 03:33
"Er, delivery for Mr. Earnhardt Jr... two shipping containers of Bud beer..."

Jonesi
16th July 2007, 07:44

He's probably done enough for them that he's earned a lifetime supply. It costs practically nothing to a large corp and keeps him saying nice things about his former (and maybe future) sponsor.