PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Germans

akv89
13th July 2007, 02:35
With M. Schumacher out of F1, who do you think is now the best German driver in F1: Heidfeld, Ralf, Rosberg, Sutil, or Vettel? Did I miss anyone?
Poll requested

Gannex
13th July 2007, 02:43
Pretty good, for the most part. Ralf needs to try harder though.

Valve Bounce
13th July 2007, 03:02
With M. Schumacher out of F1, who do you think is now the best German driver in F1: Heidfeld, Ralf, Rosberg, Sutil, or Vettel? Did I miss anyone?
Poll requested

Ralfie - definitely Ralfie; he is currently the highest paid of this lot and has won the most races. He also has a famous name. :p :

Ranger
13th July 2007, 03:03
I'll just rate the 4 mainstays in order.

Rosberg=Heidfeld>Ralf>Sutil

ShiftingGears
13th July 2007, 03:09
Von Trips was pretty good too.

I think Nick is a very good driver and would win races given the car, though I believe he is less (not a lot less) naturally talented than the top 4 drivers (I have nothing to back that up, thats just an impression). I think Rosberg has improved immensely from last year also. I'll reserve my opinion of Sutil, though the press seems to like him. Ralfs performances vary from race to race, hes quite inconsistent.

millencolin
13th July 2007, 03:10
Heidfeld>Rosberg>Sutil>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ralf

Sutil is a very good driver, give him a good car next year and lets see what he is capable of

Valve Bounce
13th July 2007, 04:22
Poor Ralfie :(

Cozzie
13th July 2007, 08:18
Heidfeld (no contest)
Rosberg
Sutil
Vettel
The man who calls himself a Schumacher

leopard
13th July 2007, 08:36
Heidfeld (no contest)
Rosberg
Sutil
Vettel
The man who calls himself a Schumacher

Kimi :)

How do people make a ranking drivers do not drive the same car?

catch a glimpse on their point Heidfeld is the best, isn't he

Eyo
13th July 2007, 08:52
Just not to let down Ralf I voted for him. Who knows, maybe he will improve :D

Valve Bounce
13th July 2007, 09:46
I really don't know why we are voting to see who is the best German pilot. After all, they lost the war, didn't they? :rolleyes:
We could vote for Douglas Bader, if he was included in the poll. :rolleyes:

ShiftingGears
13th July 2007, 10:53
I really don't know why we are voting to see who is the best German pilot. After all, they lost the war, didn't they? :rolleyes:

Yes but the Germans had Manfred von Richthofen, aka the Red Baron! Can't deny he was a brilliant pilot can you?

Hendersen
13th July 2007, 11:41

Do they give awards for stupid poster of the month/day/week?

Hendersen
13th July 2007, 11:44
Isn't Timo Glock a second test driver for BMW now, too? It's pretty hard to rate guys that come from completely different situations. I mean, Sutil is in a spyker. I would say that Heidfeld is perhaps the most underrated formula one driver in the world. He is like the rodney danger field of formula one.

Garry Walker
13th July 2007, 13:02
Rosberg, Heidfeld and Ralf are around the same level. Sutil is nowhere as good. Vettel is unproven.

Storm
13th July 2007, 17:45
There are too many Germans in F1 !! Although Nico is half-Finnish...
Of the lot, Vettel was pretty good on his debut but can't rate him yet.

Nick Heidfeld is my choice.

Amadeus
13th July 2007, 18:55
Hiedfeld and Rosberg are really too close to call, both are incredibly quick and easily top the list...

Rosberg has absolutely humiliated Wurz over at Williams...if I were a betting man, I'd say Rosberg will team up with Sutil at Williams next season...

Ralf's days in F1 are numbered...depending on who BMW pick, either Vettel or Kubica are going to land at Toyota next year...

stevie_gerrard
13th July 2007, 19:27
Heidfeld just about, despite the poor performances recently, he's still the only German scoring regular points.

Btw who voted for ralf?? :p :

Crypt
13th July 2007, 19:39
Heidfeld no doubt.

Nico close behind

jens
13th July 2007, 20:14
I have to say that Germany has very good prospects in F1 in future terms. They have currently four drivers in F1 and although Ralf may be leaving soon, we might see even more Germans in F1 in short future! Vettel (STR?), Glock (Williams?), Hülkenberg (who knows?), Winkelhock (Spyker?). So in spite of the loss of Michael, the Germans don't have anything to worry about - they have a pretty good hope to see "their driver" fighting for top spots quite soon again. BMW is improving and Heidfeld may fight for the title maybe already even in 2008!

I voted for Heidfeld and that probably isn't news that I'm rating him very highly. He along with Ralf are also the most known quantities as the width of others mentioned drivers' driving abilities is not quite clear yet. There has been so much discussion about Ralf, so that I'm even not going to comment him again.

Rosberg has been pretty impressive this year, but I think Wurz is not quite the right benchmark. I hope he'll get a very strong team-mate soon, so that would tell us how good he really is. So therefore I'd say that Nico is still a bit of unknown quantity.

Sutil has been very impressive this year too and some even have compared him to Alonso in his Minardi days, but like Rosberg, he needs to partner an experienced and a very good driver too, who would a perfect benchmark in rating Adrian. Also - if someone is driving such a crap car like Spyker, then it's hard to say, how good the driver really is. He needs to drive for a better team to show his strength more clearly.

Almost impossible to rate Vettel based on one race. I personally have very high hopes on him and once I even expressed my hope to see him becoming the next Schumacher. :D But that's purely a hope at the moment.

Glock, I think, has been underrated and overlooked by many people. He has had some very awful luck recently in GP2, but despite that he is still leading the championship. Hard to say, how good he might be in F1 though.

F1boat
14th July 2007, 07:17
Nico is most talented IMO.

raikk
14th July 2007, 08:48
Rosberg has the best potential.. but he can't show off because of his less then ideal car ..

jas123f1
14th July 2007, 18:15
It's hard to say who is best, but my vote goes to Nico - because he is the fastest of them even quicker than “quick Nick” - imo. :) if they are driving a similar car.

Mifune
15th July 2007, 05:37
Just not to let down Ralf I voted for him. Who knows, maybe he will improve :D

thats ralf`s problem, he will improve, then he`ll be crap again then he`ll improve etc.etc.

i would say Heidfeld, he`s been very consistant this year and as i recall he compared well against KR at sauber, and was mooted for the mclaren drive(just my dull recollection i have no stats on it)
but i like Rosberg alot, he seems very complete and well adusted.

ShiftingGears
15th July 2007, 05:39
Nico or Heidfeld I reckon. But if you wanna dissect statistics Heidfeld was more or less equal to Webber while Webber pretty much handed it to Rosberg last season. But I think Nico has definitely improved.

Drew
15th July 2007, 18:04
Heidfeld..

Good to see Sutil has more votes than that joke

Thor
16th July 2007, 00:27
Nico is for sure best of them,but Williams/Toyota needs to try harder

Valve Bounce
16th July 2007, 00:35
I want to make it very clear that it wasn't me that voted for Ralfie. :p :

Amadeus
16th July 2007, 06:08
Webber pretty much handed it to Rosberg last season

Did he really ;)

555-04Q2
16th July 2007, 07:25
You have to be kidding :?: Sutil only has 4 votes after my vote :?: Are people on this forum nuts :?: This is an outrage :p :

Sutil is a class act who just needs a top car to show off his talents. He is a great driver who will hopefully get a better drive sooner rather than later. He is far better than the rest (maybe with the exception of Rosberg).

Hawkmoon
16th July 2007, 07:38
Heidfeld's probably the best now, especially since Ralf's been in cruise-and-collect mode since about 2004. Though I'm not so sure how long he'll be the top German.

If you weigh up factors such as results, quality of cars, experience and age I'd give it, ever so slightly, to Rosberg over Heidfeld. I think Rosberg has shown quickness in an average car and is young enough to get better with experience. I think we've seen the best Heidfeld has to offer and it isn't world championship stuff (the caveat that the car maketh the champion not withstanding).

Malbec
16th July 2007, 10:10
You have to be kidding :?: Sutil only has 4 votes after my vote :?: Are people on this forum nuts :?: This is an outrage :p :

Sutil is a class act who just needs a top car to show off his talents. He is a great driver who will hopefully get a better drive sooner rather than later. He is far better than the rest (maybe with the exception of Rosberg).

Totally agree, if he'd gotten himself into a better car with a more capable teammate he'd be making headlines by now.

Hendersen
16th July 2007, 11:52
Didn't Sutil win only 3 races when paired with Hamilton(who won 12) in the same car? Since I don't buy into the Hamilton hype, that doesn't make Sutil jump at at me. Heidfeld outraced and chased out of the sport former WDC at least, and I'd agree that webber, when he didn't get retired, actually performed better than Rosburg, about 2 places on average. In short, until more info with good cars can be seen, I only see argument for Heidfeld, but the rest of the field hasn't had a "fair shake" -- yet.

Racehound
17th July 2007, 23:32
Isn't Timo Glock a second test driver for BMW now, too? It's pretty hard to rate guys that come from completely different situations. I mean, Sutil is in a spyker. I would say that Heidfeld is perhaps the most underrated formula one driver in the world. He is like the rodney danger field of formula one.
dont you mean rodney trotter?????? :)

leopard
18th July 2007, 05:37
I want to make it very clear that it wasn't me that voted for Ralfie. :p :
It's said because no one else voted Ralfie, wasn't it?

18th July 2007, 14:55
Rate the Germans?

OK.........Good beer, good standard of living, could do with losing the mullets.

Hendersen
20th July 2007, 04:49
dont you mean rodney trotter?????? :)

Uhh, no. If you aren't from the US, you probably have no idea who Rodney Dangerfield. He was a famous comedian that used the the tagline "I get no respect, I tell ya, no respect!" in his standup routine.

rohanweb
22nd July 2007, 10:46
NH is the best german driver around, closely followed by Roseburg.
others havent really made any headline grabbing news yet.!

Ralf needs to Go and do something else though itself, not downgrading him but his peak is gone !!! Toyota should hire some young guns like Roseburg

Garry Walker
22nd July 2007, 16:21
NH is the best german driver around, closely followed by Roseburg.
others havent really made any headline grabbing news yet.!

Ralf needs to Go and do something else though itself, not downgrading him but his peak is gone !!! Toyota should hire some young guns like Roseburg

Yeah, Ralf sucks bigtime. Who cares that he is at least as fast as Trulli, you know the guy who was at least equal to Alonso in equal car.

Ralf sucks. Shoot him or something. His face is ugly too.

raikk
23rd July 2007, 08:58
It turns out the best current German isn't even on this poll! :D ;)

jens
23rd July 2007, 19:58
Rosberg seems to have problems in wet conditions - he also went off last year in Hungary and China as well as at Nürburgring last weekend.