PDA

View Full Version : Works focus's

WelshLegend
12th July 2007, 22:16
We all know that the works ford cars are registered in Britain, but as recent pictures i have seen on wrc.com whenever they compete in Finland they always seem to compete on Finnish plates. Does anyone know the answer to why this is?????????//

WelshLegend

eppel
13th July 2007, 07:43
Finnish drivers are not permitted to drive cars that are registered in foreign countries in their home country.

Donney
13th July 2007, 09:19
That's surprising!

WelshLegend
13th July 2007, 09:31
Finnish drivers are not permitted to drive cars that are registered in foreign countries in their home country.

that is a bit silly isin't is? I wonder why that is?

WelshLegend

J.Lindstroem
13th July 2007, 09:48
What?? That can't be true!

That just sounds like the most silly thing i've ever heard. Im from Sweden and ,my family have been driving in Finland many times, we have never heard of something like that. Bull****!

Roy
13th July 2007, 10:04

Since 2005 al the Focus has a special Reg. plate in Finland. Gardemeister, Kresta, Warmbold, Hirvonen. Even Stobart drivers in 2006.

I read on this forum last year it has to do with insurance... But don't understand.

Gard
13th July 2007, 10:31
What?? That can't be true!

That just sounds like the most silly thing i've ever heard. Im from Sweden and ,my family have been driving in Finland many times, we have never heard of something like that. Bull****!

:D read again J.L. Finnish drivers. Same here in Norway and I believe in Sweden too. But in Norway they got a spesial permit for Rally cars I believe.

In Norway I think it is because we have huge taxes on cars. It would be silly if we just bought our cars in Sweden and used them with swedish plates

Zes
13th July 2007, 10:49
That's right eppel. Kresta and Warmbold could drive without finnish transfer plates. Could it be so that when M-Sport has applied finnish plates for their cars they hadn't decided which of the cars are going to be used by finnish drivers?

Roy
13th July 2007, 11:09
...Could it be so that when M-Sport has applied finnish plates for their cars they hadn't decided which of the cars are going to be used by finnish drivers?

:rolleyes: :\

eppel
13th July 2007, 13:48
Grönholm, Rovenperä and Lindholm had always Finnish reg. plates at there Peugeots in Finland.

jonkka
13th July 2007, 22:11
that is a bit silly isin't is? I wonder why that is?

Yet, it is true. In Finland, it is illegal for a finnish national to drive a car not registered in Finland. We have considerably tax levied on cars and this legislation is to prevent people circumventing that by not registering their cars here.

Lousada
14th July 2007, 10:20
Yet, it is true. In Finland, it is illegal for a finnish national to drive a car not registered in Finland. We have considerably tax levied on cars and this legislation is to prevent people circumventing that by not registering their cars here.

In most countries it is illigal to own a car with different plates than the country you live in. However I've never heard about driving a car that you don't own with different plates being illigal.

ttiirika
15th July 2007, 16:32
Actually it has been like that in Finland, but now (finally) the stupid rule has changed. At least I have understood so.

COD
15th July 2007, 18:03
It has to do with both the legislation about driving car with foreign plates as told here but also the fact that these temporary Finnish plates they have in their cars include a traffic insurance which is very cheap compared to the British one and covers personal injuries as well as third party damages very well.