PDA

View Full Version : Boat owned by Kyle Busch involved in lake incident

Sparky1329
11th July 2007, 17:48
http://www.thatsracin.com/242/story/5417.html

LAKE NORMAN, N.C. -- The pilot of a boat owned by NASCAR driver Kyle Busch was cited on alcohol charges on the Fourth of July.

Lake patrol officers said the 44-foot cabin cruiser came within inches of hitting the boat of a lake patrol officer who had his blue lights on and was citing another boater.

Two other lake patrol officers witnessed the near collision and rushed to the scene, thinking that the cabin cruiser, owned by Kyle Busch, had actually hit the other officer's boat.

Those officers said the person operating Busch's boat, who officials later identified as a front tire changer for a NASCAR team, realized he was in trouble and got his girlfriend to take the pilot's seat while he went into the cabin.

The two other lake patrol officers saw the switch, caught up to the cabin cruiser and stopped it.

The boat's pilot was cited for boating while intoxicated, operating a boat with insufficient lifejackets, failure to move over for blue lights and careless and reckless boating.

Kyle Busch was a passenger on the cabin cruiser but he was not piloting the boat. He owns the boat but he is not facing any charges. The boat is actually registered to NASCAR driver Greg Biffle, because Busch had just bought it and he had not changed the registration yet.

blakebeatty
11th July 2007, 18:04
http://www.thatsracin.com/242/story/5417.html

Slow news day i suppose, but funny none the less. The ammount of boat traffic on Lake Norman is insane, so I would imagine driving drunk is a very bad idea

muggle not
11th July 2007, 18:23
yep, Kyle should fit right in at RCR. :D

Sparky1329
11th July 2007, 19:37
What kind of citation do you get for this sort of thing? A BUI? :D

Jonesi
11th July 2007, 23:04
Latest on Jayski, is the original source has pull the story and it may be false.

MD24
11th July 2007, 23:07
From Jayski

UPDATE: Hendrick Motorsports reports Busch was NOT on the boat and it was not his boat, WCNC.com informed me the story was pulled as they looked for a second source, sounds like something that should had been done in the first place. Been requested by HMS and WCNC.com that I just delete and pull down this story, but I don't do that, not fair to the readers.

blakebeatty
12th July 2007, 00:14
What kind of citation do you get for this sort of thing? A BUI? :D

Apparently a BWI, Boating While Intoxicated

Sparky1329
12th July 2007, 02:21
From Jayski

UPDATE: Hendrick Motorsports reports Busch was NOT on the boat and it was not his boat, WCNC.com informed me the story was pulled as they looked for a second source, sounds like something that should had been done in the first place. Been requested by HMS and WCNC.com that I just delete and pull down this story, but I don't do that, not fair to the readers.

Gee. Isn't it common practice for journalists to second source a story before publishing? Oh yeah. I forgot. There are no more real journalists.

blakebeatty
12th July 2007, 04:18
Gee. Isn't it common practice for journalists to second source a story before publishing? Oh yeah. I forgot. There are no more real journalists.

shoot first, ask questions later my friend

Sparky1329
12th July 2007, 04:56
shoot first, ask questions later my friend

Unfortunately you're right. These days ethical journalism is an oxymoron.

Jonesi
13th July 2007, 00:12
Complete retraction now, on the Kyle busch connection from the original news source:
http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-071207-al-retraction.6b5580a0.html

Mark in Oshawa
13th July 2007, 08:21
lol..the fact everyone wanted to believe it says volumes about the rep the Shrub has....