PDA

View Full Version : I will probably be banned but...(football chat) [5]

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

pino
12th September 2007, 08:44
Pino, will you be hoping for a France win tonight? ;)

NOWAY :hmph: Go Scotland ! we will beat you at your home anyway :p :

SEATFreak
12th September 2007, 09:19
NOOOO!!! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: ....

RIP Ian Porterfield!

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=13117

pino
12th September 2007, 12:48
I've just read on ital news that Chelsea's owner Abramovich has offered 60.000 euro to each russian player to beat England :eek:

Iain
12th September 2007, 21:37
What the hell's going on?! 69 mins gone, France 0-1 Scotland. :crazy: We were supposed to be going for a 0-0 draw. :mark: I feel a bit uneasy now. :s

Iain
12th September 2007, 22:06
It's all over, we won. I can't quite believe it. :s hock:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44112000/jpg/_44112999_scot2.jpg

Ian McC
12th September 2007, 22:09
Aah, it's great to be English again :D

But it's even better to be Scottish! :D

:beer: :beer:

Have a :beer: on me Iain

Brown, Jon Brow
12th September 2007, 22:20
Great day to be British :D

England 3-0 Russia
France 0-1 Scotland :eek:
Slovakia 2-5 Wales

But Northern Ireland lost again :(

England are actually playing as a team now.

pino
12th September 2007, 22:33
Ukraine-Italy 1-2
France-Scotland 0-1 :D

stevie_gerrard
12th September 2007, 23:54
England- Outstanding, Owen was clinical, Heskey was brilliant, he won every single header from the long ball forward, Barry and Gerrard were inspirational in midfield, and despite some dodgy defending at the back from England in the second half, even rio got on the scoresheet.

Scotland- How hard is it for people to forget that Scotland can play football? the fact that they beat an understrength France doesn't surprise me, after many influential results against the likes of Italy and Germany in the past. Tho yet again a great performance by Scotland, and it will be nice for the UK not to be putting all their eggs in one basket at Euro 2008 if both England and Scotland could get through :) and believe me, with Italy's and France's form, thats a real possibility :p : :D

Hate to say it, but i think Northern Ireland could be missing out :( what a shame, especially for Healy whos scored 12 goals in this campaign now and may still not be going to Switzerland.

Good win for Wales, Freddy Eastwood on the scoresheet again :)

England drew with Japan 2-2 in the WWC, an ok performance, but they didnt take the chances when they had them, now they have the task of having to beat Germany for the first time in their history to have a decent chance of progressing!

J4MIE
12th September 2007, 23:58
There'll be a wee bit of a knees up in Paris this evening! :D

Bring on Italy :D :s Depending on how the matches go I might miss the first day of the RAC and go to Hampden instead :eek:

Brown, Jon Brow
13th September 2007, 00:01
Have Scotland taken 6 points from France in this campaign? :s hock:

J4MIE
13th September 2007, 00:05
Stevie.... you sound like a typical England supporter. Don't forget tonight's win over the MIGHTY..... Russia :rolleyes:

Also don't forget that it has only been since Craig Brown left that Scotland haven't qualified regularly. England wouldn't qualify with Berti Vogts as manager :s

J4MIE
13th September 2007, 00:06
Have Scotland taken 6 points from France in this campaign? :s hock:

Indeed, now need to avoid defeat against Italy in November :\

Brown, Jon Brow
13th September 2007, 00:07
Don't forget tonight's win over the MIGHTY..... Russia :rolleyes:

Yeah. And they ripped them apart :p

Let it be a message to Mr.Putin. :erm:

Iain
13th September 2007, 00:20
Scotland- How hard is it for people to forget that Scotland can play football? the fact that they beat an understrength France doesn't surprise me

Wasn't much of an understrength French team to me. Landreau, Diarra, Thuram, Escude, Abidal, Ribery, Vieira, Makelele, Malouda, Trezequet, Anelka was the lineup. That's one quality team, even if Terry Henry was missing.

pino
13th September 2007, 06:21
Great performance by Scotland :up: I saw the last 15 min and I supported them as much as I supported Italy. France arrongance once again was punished :D Whish both Italy and Scotland could go ahead, unfortunatelly that depends on that crucial match in Glasgow (1-1 would be fine if Ukraine beat France). Would love to be there with you J4MIE ;)

btw a new ital star has born : Di Natale :s mokin:

oily oaf
13th September 2007, 07:06
Great performance by Scotland :up: I saw the last 15 min and I supported them as much as I supported Italy. France arrongance once again was punished :D Whish both Italy and Scotland could go ahead, unfortunatelly that depends on that crucial match in Glasgow (1-1 would be fine if Ukraine beat France). Would love to be there with you J4MIE ;)

btw a new ital star has born : Di Natale :s mokin:

Another great result for England coupled with a fine performance that proves you don't need your best players to produce your best team.

Immense result for my Caledonian cousins north of the border who roasted the Frogs in Scottish garlic butter and of course a good win for Pino's Itallion Stallions

Italy and Scotland will qualify leaving France crying into their beouf bourgignon.
Oh dear.... How sad.....Never mind :s mokin:

pino
13th September 2007, 07:21
.... and of course a good win for Pino's Itallion Stallions

Italy and Scotland will qualify leaving France crying into their beouf bourgignon.
Oh dear.... How sad.....Never mind :s mokin:

Thanks oily mate :D I must say that Donadoni surprised me last night, when playing with many new names (old Panucci, Ambrosini, Perrotta, Di Natale, Iaquinta) and sendt Del Piero and others on the tribune. He was right, the squad played well, and won ( thanks also to an amazing Buffon, who saved the results several times) so good job this time Roberto :up:

oily oaf
13th September 2007, 07:32
Thanks oily mate :D I must say that Donadoni surprised me last night, when playing with many new names (old Panucci, Ambrosini, Perrotta, Di Natale, Iaquinta) and sendt Del Piero and others on the tribune. He was right, the squad played well, and won ( thanks also to an amazing Buffon, who saved the results several times) so good job this time Roberto :up:

Roberto and Steve McClaren = The worlds best managers ;)

pino
13th September 2007, 07:38
Roberto and Steve McClaren = The worlds best managers ;)

Yes...until next match :p :

SEATFreak
13th September 2007, 08:25
meanwhile over in Group G, despite the game being mared by a misile thrown at Mario Melchiot which forced Alan Wiley to blow for full time early, the Netherlands get a, if hard fought, win over Albania.

Rutgrus Johannes Martinius van Nistelrooij fired home on 90mins. The defence seeemed very strong with the formation being 5-2-3. Wilfred Bouma as Centre Back, Mario Melchiot playing at Centre Back or Right Back, Joris Mathijesen at Left Back, Andre Ooijer either as Centre Back or Right Back and Giovanni van Bronkhorst either at Left Back or Centre Back.
Demmy De Zeuww and Wesley Sneijder in midfield and Babel, Nistelrooij and van Persie up front.

CarlMetro
13th September 2007, 09:14
Rutgrus Johannes Martinius van Nistelrooij fired home on 90mins. The defence seeemed very strong with the formation being 5-2-3. Wilfred Bouma as Centre Back, Mario Melchiot playing at Centre Back or Right Back, Joris Mathijesen at Left Back, Andre Ooijer either as Centre Back or Right Back and Giovanni van Bronkhorst either at Left Back or Centre Back.Demmy De Zeuww and Wesley Sneijder in midfield and Babel, Nistelrooij and van Persie up front.

Not being funny but I would question any international coach who feels the need to play 5-2-3, especially against a team like Albania. I'd say it was a pretty poor result, especially since it took 90+ minutes for them to score in a game which they dominated, and that was against 10 men :s

Anyway, back to more interesting issues.

I can honestly say that last night was the first time I've bothered to watch a whole England match for quite some time. I actually enjoyed watching it, they played like a unit and, even when put under a lot of pressure, looked strong. England looked dangerous every time they went forward, they kept the ball and controlled the tempo of the game.

The biggest problem is the likes of Rooney, Lampard, Beckham etc will all be fit for the fixtures in November and McLaren will just revert back to his old stagers and team regulars and we'll go back to losing or struggling again.

Owen was good but he was out-shone in my mind by both Gareth Barry and Micah Richards, both of whom had outstanding games.

Iain
13th September 2007, 12:24
Giovanni van Bronkhorst either at Left Back or Centre Back.

Gio's not a centre half. He's a midfielder really and a bloody good one at that. Unfortunately since he went to Arsenal and Barca, he couldn't get in there, so they stuck him at left back because he has a left foot like a magic wand and good defensive abilities. Anyway, crap result for Holland, you should stick to supporting Spain.

Pino, I would like to see Italy and Scotland qualify. Then we can all celebrate with pizza, chips and ice cream. :D

CarlMetro
13th September 2007, 13:26
Pino, I would like to see Italy and Scotland qualify. Then we can all celebrate with pizza, chips and ice cream. :D

What? No deep-fried Mars bars and Iron Bru? :p :

oily oaf
13th September 2007, 17:27
Not being funny but I would question any international coach who feels the need to play 5-2-3, especially against a team like Albania. I'd say it was a pretty poor result, especially since it took 90+ minutes for them to score in a game which they dominated, and that was against 10 men :s

Anyway, back to more interesting issues.

I can honestly say that last night was the first time I've bothered to watch a whole England match for quite some time. I actually enjoyed watching it, they played like a unit and, even when put under a lot of pressure, looked strong. England looked dangerous every time they went forward, they kept the ball and controlled the tempo of the game.

The biggest problem is the likes of Rooney, Lampard, Beckham etc will all be fit for the fixtures in November and McLaren will just revert back to his old stagers and team regulars and we'll go back to losing or struggling again.

Owen was good but he was out-shone in my mind by both Gareth Barry and Micah Richards, both of whom had outstanding games.

Wot no plaudits for your footballing icon Emile Carl? ;)

As to forthcoming team selection I would personally stick with the boys we have at the moment.
Through accident rather than design McClaren has stumbled on a winning formula by including a few players who wouldn't have got a look in were it not for injury and suspension having ruled out out some of the big names.
I don't care if Rooney and co do spend a few matches warming the bench, you never know they might even learn something from the sidelines. Commitment and heart being just two examples.
Like I said the best players do not necessarily make the best TEAM.

CarlMetro
13th September 2007, 17:39
Wot no plaudits for your footballing icon Emile Carl? ;)

Credit where credits due, he managed to stay on his feet virtually the whole time he was on the pitch, and even got a shot or two at goal :s hock: What's even worse is he made Crouch look like an amateur in comparison :\

I really do hope McLaren keeps this squad for November, but I bet he doesn't :s

Iain
13th September 2007, 19:06
What? No deep-fried Mars bars and Iron Bru? :p :

Well if they were bought from a Scottish-Italian chip shop, then maybe. :p :

I really do hope McLaren keeps this squad for November, but I bet he doesn't :s

So does Ron Dennis...... ;)

MrJan
13th September 2007, 20:55
I think the key with England was how the players were linking with each other. Richards and Phillips down the right, the two Coles down the left, Heskey and Owen working well and the central midfield supplying it all.

Got to say that if McLaren drops Barry for the next game he deserves the sack judging by the form the Villa man is on. It seems that when he gets the ball everything slows down and he has more time than anyone else. Great passing, great defensive work, great vision and great positioning. Just a shame that he doesn't have a shot more often. Oh and great set pieces, Beckham can curl the ball well but Barry can put it on the penalty spot and with the likes of Gerrard, Terry, Heskey and Owen lurking in the area it ups the chances of a goal.

Shame that it'll all go tits up when Lampard and Rooney come back in as well as Beckham and Lennon because the team doesn't seem to work so well when they're about.

Up City.

Brown, Jon Brow
13th September 2007, 21:14
I see no reason why Rooney and Owen can''t work up front. Even though Rooney isn't as good in the air as Heskey he can play in behind Owen and will score more goals than Heskey. When was the last time Rooney and Owen played with each other?

Gerrard and Barry worked very well. Even when Lampard comes back I'd prefer Gerrard&Barry, Gerrard&Hargreaves or Gerrard&Carrick before Gerrard&Lampard.

Iain
13th September 2007, 21:32
Why do they have to play though? Surely McccccClaren can justify sticking with the same team that performed well previously. I get the feeling that the big name players get in the team purely because they are big names, whether they're in form or not.

MrJan
13th September 2007, 21:36
Damn straight Iain. Just look at Lampard and Carrick, the only reason Carrick gets in the squad is because Fergie paid over the odds. He's not that good.

I don't think Rooney and Owen can play well together purely because of Wayne's style. I'd rather see him dropped back to a Paul Scholes type role behind a front two. That sort of attacking player that gets in the way and creates problems. Reckon it'd suit Rooney.

Brown, Jon Brow
13th September 2007, 21:39
To be fair we haven't played against top teams in the last few games. Maybe against teams like Croatia, England will need a bit of extra quality and you will only get that from players like Rooney. The key is to having a balanced partnership in center midfield. Gerrard and Lampard doesn't work, Gerrard and Barry does.

Iain
13th September 2007, 22:51
If you'd looked at Barry 10 years ago when he was a 17 year old centre half, you'd never think he'd turn into a talented midfielder.

stevie_gerrard
16th September 2007, 23:38
Premier League update, and Arsenal are the new leaders as no-one seems capable of beating them at all recently, it just seems impossible. Liverpool and Chelsea both drew, while Man Utd gained a close victory against Everton. Man City move back to second after another win today :up: and for Oily, West Ham are in the last spot for European action next season ;)

Martin Jol seems like he's about to see the exit door, after another defeat with a £100 million plus squad, even though he doesn't deserve it cause he's the best manager Spurs have had in years.

Wolves have been diagnosed with suffering from "early-season" syndrome, after another defeat, meanwhile Bristol City are 2nd!! :up: brilliant, hope they can keep their challenge up for most of the season, i might get to see them when im back at uni!

And for all England fans, it's not good news, Hero Heskey has "the england curse" and has broken his metertarsal :( So Rooney and Owen will be starting up front next month, lets hope they can do a good job of it and not screw up our recovery.

Finally, in Serie A, Juve lost 1-0 to Udinese :( Every game i've watched with Juve in has ended up being a poor performance from them. AC Milan snatched a draw at the death as well against Siena.

Storm
17th September 2007, 16:41
Yes I knew...Di Natale is the new hero....scored against Juve.
Barcelona continue their slow start with Henry ...0-0 vs Osasuna away (no Etoo and no Messi)

jso1985
18th September 2007, 00:37
Arsenal's play agaisnt Totenham was just impressive :up: if they keep that level they're gonna win the Premiership easily

pvtjoker
18th September 2007, 21:17
Today marks the opening rounds. Predictions?

Storm
18th September 2007, 21:46
I cannot see the matches :s
Btw pvtjoker we have a separate Football thread to talk about anything related to footie so you can use that.

Arsenal vs Sevilla should be good.

pino
19th September 2007, 07:41
Watched Milan and Real games, Milan totally dominated Benfica eventhough the match ended 2-1, but should've ended 5-1. Real were very lucky to win, Bremen missed at list 3 chances to score 2nd goal, played great and deserved a draw. Chelsea-Rosenborg 1-1 :eek: Nice one Mourinho :p :

pino
19th September 2007, 07:43
btw back to Juve, we don't have a great squad yet, our defence needs a couple of class players, I will be happy to finish among 4 best in Serie A ;)

Iain
19th September 2007, 22:01
All the British clubs won tonight in the Champions League.

Arsenal 3-0 Sevilla
Rangers 2-1 Stuttgart :D
Sporting Lisbon 0-1 Man Utd

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44126000/jpg/_44126881_cl11.jpg

stevie_gerrard
20th September 2007, 00:22
First round of new CL over, and here are the early verdicts for our british clubs (sorry, haven't had chance to see the other games)

Liverpool: shocking all night and didnt deserve the point they got. Quaresma outstanding for Porto, you get the feeling that Pennant won't be at the club much longer, he's too temperamental like bellamy, except he's not as good as bellamy :p :

Chelsea: equally shocking, though they actually created chances, they just didnt take them. 20 shots one goal. that pretty much says it all for Jose, he misses Drogba upfront. Good to see Shevchenko scoring, that will do him the world of good, but in the end, Chelsea were just a bunch of Class 3 eggs that made a quite sticky omelette :p :

Celtic: Felt sorry for them last night, they did not have the concentration at the start which cost them 2 goals. Dug in but didnt have anything.

Arsenal: Look supreme at the moment, no-one has really talked them up this season because they are without Henry, but this side did make the final 2 seasons ago, they cannot be discounted. I forsee a good season for Arsenal, thanks to Cesc Fabregas.

Man Utd: Got the job done away from home, 3 points in the bag thats all they would have cared about.

Rangers: If they are gonna get anywhere in Europe, they are gonna have to perform at home. So this was a vital win today for them and hopefully, with sterner tests to come, they can keep up the good work.

Just away from Europe, actually a long long way away from Europe, Wolves lost their 3rd game in succession with defeat to Hull City 1-0. :(

i'm migrating my support to Bristol City, who lie second after drawing with the baggies :D :p :

stevie_gerrard
20th September 2007, 00:53
has the Special one left Stamford Bridge for good???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7003912.stm

:eek:

pino
20th September 2007, 07:03
Watched Barca :up: and Inter :down: and saw some actions from Arsenal-Seville. those young talents at Arsenal really shock me...congrats to them :up: About the "Special One" was about time he left :p :

oily oaf
20th September 2007, 08:04
Poor old Jose he didn't deserve this.

Brown, Jon Brow
20th September 2007, 12:10
F***-off Mourinho
F***-off Mourinho
F***-off Mourinho
F***-off Mourinho

Finally he's got the message.

Storm
20th September 2007, 14:29
Jose gone ? :o

Ian McC
20th September 2007, 16:29
Good news, I have an interview for the Managers position at Chelsea! :D

oily oaf
20th September 2007, 16:34
Storm. Jose left by "mutual consent" which is a euphmism for getting fired.
This is a guy who won 6 trophies in 3 years for The Blues :eek:
What does Abramovic want? Blood!
Personally I'll miss the little rascal who brought a dash of colour and controversy to the English game.
Chelsea press conferences will never be the same again. :(
Arrivederci Special One :D

NoahsGirl
20th September 2007, 16:54
Honestly, with all the radio news coverage and Sky Sports News coverage you would think it was a catastrophe that "the Special One" has gone from Stamford Bridge, they even had a quote from Gordon Brown *rolls eyes* I will miss the Chris Moyles song about Jose, that was funny!

pino
20th September 2007, 21:47
I will not miss the Non-Special-One :p :

Ian McC
20th September 2007, 22:44
Well I am certain that both myself and Mr Metro are happy men tonight :beer: :D

Iain
20th September 2007, 22:49
How did it finish? I lost control of the remote after Defoe chipped the keeper.

Saw the 2nd half of the Everton game as it was on council telly. Everton winning 1-0, awarded a penalty which Johnson scored. Ref ordered a retake because of encroachment in the box, Johnson then missed, but the encroachment was just as bad. :crazy: Then to add further woe, Johnson missed another pen in the last minute. :blackeye:

Storm
21st September 2007, 02:04
double post :s

Storm
21st September 2007, 02:05
6-1 to Spurs against....err Famagusta ?? :crazy:

btw there is a club called FC Metalist Kirkov or something... :cheese:

pino
21st September 2007, 07:20
Chelsea fans are complaining about it, oily is that you in the front in this picture :p :

oily oaf
21st September 2007, 07:28
No that's my Mother-In Law mate.
What a beauty eh?
I can't wait for her daughter to end up just like her :(

Now then young Pino, I think you're being far too hard on poor old Jose :mad:
Don't you realise the poor fella has to survive for the rest of his life on the pathetic sum of £25 million which Chelsea have awarded him?
Blimey amigo, you couldn't buy a couple of hamburgers in Turin for that! :eek:

pino
21st September 2007, 07:39
oily, I tell you what...get me his Bank account number and i will send a couple of Quid to him, so he can afford a cappuccino at Fiori in Leicester Square :p : btw thanks for the "young" :D

Ian McC
21st September 2007, 09:13
I lost control of the remote after Defoe chipped the keeper.

How do you do that? It had a fit? It got up and left the room of its own accord? :p :

oily oaf
21st September 2007, 16:45
Pino. TWO QUID! :mad: Mama Mia. I went into Fioris for a glass of water last week and the manager wanted my car keys and 2 nights of sweaty "amore" with Mrs Oaf :eek:
Mind you he was carrying a white stick and wearing a Napoli shirt ;)

PS Compared to me EVERYBODY'S young :(

wedge
24th September 2007, 00:44
Been following Serie A again after a few years and now Italian football is fantastic to watch now. Not long ago it was like watching a game of chess but its quicker and more emphasis on attacking rather than defending.

Why the sudden change? :confused:

jso1985
24th September 2007, 00:50
mentallity change?

their previous one brought them only one World Cup ;)

veeten
24th September 2007, 01:33
paging pino, paging pino....

we have a question for you. :)

pino
24th September 2007, 06:39
On my way to Italy :D so just a short explanation : We all must thanks Signor Arrigo Sacchi. He's the one who brought a different mentality (more offensive) in ital foot, you guys remember the amazing Milan with the trio Rikaard, Gullit and Van Basten ? :s mokin: Many coach today are playing in the same way, Juve in Rome started with Del Piero, Iaquinta and Trezeguet...

Ciao :wave: :D

Storm
24th September 2007, 13:26
Arrigo Sacchi ?? :mad:

pvtjoker
26th September 2007, 17:54
I'm traveling to London in April (never been there). I'm hoping to catch a football game while I'm there. Besides Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs & Fulham in the Premiership, what other teams are located in London (Coca-cola, League 1 &2)?

Thanks for your help.

Storm
26th September 2007, 20:04
I would say off the top of my head - QPR, Crystal Palace, Charlton Athletic in the Coca Cola ...and how can you miss West Ham United in the P'ship? ;)

where's oily ???!!!!! - pvtjoker needs to be burned face down and all that :p :

CarlMetro
26th September 2007, 20:08
Crystal Palace, Leyton Orient, West Ham, Barnet FC, Millwall, Charlton Athletic, QPR, Brentford and Dagenham & Redbridge are all the ones playing league football but to be honest, if you want to see a decent game, just go down to Hackney Marshes on a Saturday Afternoon or Sunday morning and watch some of the local sides, far more entertaining and cheaper too ;)

SeanMockery
26th September 2007, 20:58
I would say off the top of my head - QPR, Crystal Palace, Charlton Athletic in the Coca Cola ...and how can you miss West Ham United in the P'ship? ;)

where's oily ???!!!!! - pvtjoker needs to be burned face down and all that :p :

He must not be a fan of Bellamy. :D

oily oaf
27th September 2007, 05:53
I'm traveling to London in April (never been there). I'm hoping to catch a football game while I'm there. Besides Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs & Fulham in the Premiership, what other teams are located in London (Coca-cola, League 1 &2)?

Thanks for your help.

I suggest you invest in a nice claret and blue West Ham shirt and put it on before visiting one of those charming and friendly little pubs in Bermondsey so beloved of my Millwall supporting chums and start singing "Chim chimeny chim chimeny chim chim charoo. We are th b******ds in claret and blue"
Thank me after the plastic surgery :s mokin:

Carl you are so right about the standard of footie on "The Marshes"
Plus it's an ideal venue to get your leg over a single mum while her old man struggles manfully in midfield.........................Allegedly.

Sean. I used to hate Mr Bellamy with all the passion I normally reserve for a Mr Wenger of North London.
Now I fall asleep with a picture of the little rascal under my pillow and dream that one day I can have his babies. FACT!

SEATFreak
27th September 2007, 11:14

Thanks for your help.

Manchester United are based in London according to the amount of press and media coverage they get.

Storm
27th September 2007, 15:17
Lots of midweek league action everywhere....La Liga ..
Villarreal are top of the league (atleast till tomorrow) and they dont have Forlan, Ayala or Riquelme anymore :eek:
Giuseppe Rossi scored 4 goals already....

Barcelona looked in top form again, 4 goals in the 1st half vs Zaragoza :D
Yeah and Messi got 2 cracking ones....and where was Thierry ?

stevie_gerrard
27th September 2007, 20:21
West ham 1-0 Plymouth, The Hammers for the Cup!! ;)

That will be all :p :

SEATFreak
28th September 2007, 09:09
West ham 1-0 Plymouth, The Hammers for the Cup!! ;)

That will be all :p :

A tea cup?

If I recall Watford knocked Plymouth out of a cup last season. If they can do it most can.

pvtjoker
29th September 2007, 15:30
I suggest you invest in a nice claret and blue West Ham shirt and put it on before visiting one of those charming and friendly little pubs in Bermondsey so beloved of my Millwall supporting chums and start singing "Chim chimeny chim chimeny chim chim charoo. We are th b******ds in claret and blue"
Thank me after the plastic surgery :s mokin:

Carl you are so right about the standard of footie on "The Marshes"
Plus it's an ideal venue to get your leg over a single mum while her old man struggles manfully in midfield.........................Allegedly.

Sean. I used to hate Mr Bellamy with all the passion I normally reserve for a Mr Wenger of North London.
Now I fall asleep with a picture of the little rascal under my pillow and dream that one day I can have his babies. FACT!

LOL, I'll remember that when I'm in town. For the record I am a West Ham fan (and of Craig Bellamy)!

Everyone, thanks for the information.

Iain
1st October 2007, 21:27
What on earth's happening to Tottingham tonight? :crazy: 4-1 down at home in their 125th anniversary match. :mark: For all the money they've spent, they still can't defend properly. Maybe it is the manager's fault after all? :s

CarlMetro
1st October 2007, 21:50
;(

I have to say that it's not looking good, although they have pulled another one back.

CarlMetro
1st October 2007, 21:50
..............and another.........4-3 now, Come On You Spurs!!!!

CarlMetro
1st October 2007, 22:02
4-4 :s hock:

I need a lye down in a dark room now.

SEATFreak
2nd October 2007, 15:23
I wonder how those who called for Jol's head (if any) after the first game of the season (the 1-0 loss at Sunderland) are feeling?

Also, I wonder whether or not they have conveniently forgotten that they even called for his head.

If ever their was a team best suited for being held up as an example of how foolish you could look for calling for the managers head after just one bad game it is Spurs.

stevie_gerrard
2nd October 2007, 17:33
a good fightback by Spurs, but i am rather worried about their form at the moment, for all the talent they have, they havent shown much of it. Saying that, Aston Villa are a good side this season, could see them challenging for europe at some point.

UEFA Champions League is back this midweek, Man Utd-Roma, anyone fancy a flutter on 7-1 repeating itself? :p : Arsenal away at Bucharest, and a tough game for Rangers at Lyon, even though Lyon havent been at their best recently, proven by their demolition at barca.

update in the Championship and Wolves lost 2 ponits to Plymouth at the weekend, which can only be described as the most disappointing result ive seen for a while. Wolves really need to score the goals if they are gonna go anywhere this season. Leicester away tonight, and i dont think that will be too easy.

CarlMetro
2nd October 2007, 17:48
I wonder how those who called for Jol's head (if any) after the first game of the season (the 1-0 loss at Sunderland) are feeling?

Also, I wonder whether or not they have conveniently forgotten that they even called for his head.

If ever their was a team best suited for being held up as an example of how foolish you could look for calling for the managers head after just one bad game it is Spurs.

:confused:

I don't believe there was anyone calling for Jol's head after the first game, at least nobody that matters anyway. Some of the scum that write in the newspapers have done so, but only after a couple of losses.

The big difference is that not only do the fans still have a lot of respect for Martin Jol, so do the players and more importantly the board of directors do to, for now anyway.

Spurs are by no means playing their best football at the moment but the last thing they need is a change of manager, just take a little look at Chelsea to confirm that, especially for either someone who has achieved nothing with a better team or another foreign wannabee like Christian Gross. For any manager to take a team to fifth two years in a row is a great achievement, something many teams and managers would be proud of, as you will find with every Spurs supporter you meet.

Ian McC
2nd October 2007, 19:50
as you will find with every Spurs supporter you meet.

Aye, Jol is still the man, I have faith ;)

Iain
2nd October 2007, 21:58
UEFA Champions League is back this midweek.....a tough game for Rangers at Lyon, even though Lyon havent been at their best recently, proven by their demolition at barca.

3-0!!! :D :bounce:

Bring on Barca. :p :

Ian McC
3rd October 2007, 22:04
Another fine performance in Scotland! :D

Shame that they will get hauled over the coals for the stupidity of one fan but the way the keeper over reacted was disgraceful, I hope they throw the book at him :down:

stevie_gerrard
4th October 2007, 20:32
British Matchday 2 Report:

Man Utd- weren't brilliant put played the game well. Good to see Rooney off the mark this season, a deserved win in the end, but all these 1-0's cant be good for Sir Alexs system.

Arsenal- got the job done in the end, after wasting numerous chances.

Chelsea- a very impressive performance away from home at Valencia, who are no mugs. I watched this game and Joe Cole was outstanding. Hopefully Chelsea are out their rot, cause they need to catch up.

Liverpool- Absolutely shocking yet again, im beginning to worry they could be suffering from this rotation policy. I think liverpool's best chance of silverware this season is the league, which doesnt give me a lot of confidence.

Celtic- A superb performance against the reigning champions, Back on track now. the Dida incident, i couldnt stop laughing for 10 minutes after i saw it. Its no laughing matter though if UEFA are stupid enough to take action over dida's shocking antics :mad:

Rangers- performance of matchday 2, and a vital 6 points. Forget the Group Stages, bring on the Semi's on this form ;) :p : Barca will be much tougher, but you never know with the scottish, they are a crazy bunch of tartans :laugh:

Iain
4th October 2007, 21:00
I think the only fair thing for UEFA to do is to take the 3 points back off Celtic for that numpty trying to slap Dida. :p :

Aberdeen through (just!) to the group stages of the UEFA Cup as well. Scottish football is on a high at the mo.

Storm
5th October 2007, 01:29
Whats the deal with Scotland suddenly ?

But well done to them, better them than England and English teams I say (apart from Liverpool....Rafa stop the rotation!)

pino
5th October 2007, 07:36
I think the only fair thing for UEFA to do is to take the 3 points back off Celtic for that numpty trying to slap Dida. :p :

Noway ! The right thing is to ban Dida for 3 matches, for acting like a clown. And Milan should take him off the squad, good they decided to not complain about what happen... :crazy: Anyway congrats to Scotland, its a great moment for them :up:

CarlMetro
5th October 2007, 08:36
Blackburn the only Brit side not to make it through to the group stage of the UEFA cup last night, which surprises me because I thought Bolton would be the ones to struggle.

CarlMetro
5th October 2007, 08:44
I'm glad FIFA is doing something to tackle the ammount of foreign players in European teams

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/football_focus/7028310.stm

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has told the BBC he is ready to challenge the European Union to get a quota on foreign players within European teams.
Blatter made his comments in response to an NOP poll of football fans for BBC1's Football Focus.

He wants clubs to be limited to five foreigners in their starting XI to allow homegrown talent to flourish...............

Daniel
5th October 2007, 09:26
Noway ! The right thing is to ban Dida for 3 matches, for acting like a clown. And Milan should take him off the squad, good they decided to not complain about what happen... :crazy: Anyway congrats to Scotland, its a great moment for them :up:
I know next to nil about Football but I agree with Pino :p I saw that on the news and he should get a ban for that. Falling down and appearing mortally wounded when he got touched on the face just makes the sport look stupid.

gadjo_dilo
5th October 2007, 10:12
He wants clubs to be limited to five foreigners in their starting XI to allow homegrown talent to flourish...............

Bad news for Arsenal. I couldn't see any engliish player when we played against them on last tuesday. :laugh:

Mintexmemory
5th October 2007, 10:49
Bad news for Arsenal. I couldn't see any engliish player when we played against them on last tuesday. :laugh:
Just emulating Real Madrid of the 1960's when the team was almost entirely non-spanish (naturalised Argentinians and Uraguyans don't count). God, we've even got a white away shirt now! :)
As for Dida, he's got previous form for rolling around - he was supposedly hit on the head by a flare a few years ago. Definitely a graduate of the Rivaldo school of dramatic art!

stevie_gerrard
6th October 2007, 21:03
Man Utd comfortable win, and Villa beat West Ham to go 5th in the table :eek: Luckily for us, theres still a lot of games to come tomorrow. :p :

Poor England, it looks like Ashton will join Heskey and Owen on the strikers injury list, after things looked so bright, they have hit the depths of hell again for Steve Mclaren.

Wolves 1-0 Coventry 3rd game in a row that Wolves have been really poor, but thank god for a last minute winner from Neil Collins. We may be poor upfront but we have a defence made of steel :D

Rollo
8th October 2007, 03:04
I saw Blackpool play Plymouth on the telly this weekend. Now I know that this probably doesn't mean much to most people but it was Blackpool ON TELLY!
Ok, some of us do get excited to see lesser grades of football, even if Blackpool is in mid-table mediocrity in the Championship.

Oh yeah, and as an aside... Um Bezza, I'd seriously considering looking up recipes for either humble pie or crow. Preston will be suffering the drop this year... ooh how ironic.

stevie_gerrard
8th October 2007, 19:01
Liverpool 2-2 Tottenham

Very concerned that liverpool are going to throw it all away this season with such a brilliant side. Wins also for Arsenal against a spirited sunderland :up: really good game, Chelsea and Man City both winning, Man City look in great shape to put up a serious challenge! :eek:

pino
12th October 2007, 07:26
UEFA have banned Dida for 2 matches :up:

Here in Denmark, the whole country is boiling before tomorrow crucial match against Spain, I would give an eye for a danish win :p :

stevie_gerrard
12th October 2007, 14:18
thank god Dida got punished for his clowning around :up:

International weekend, and for England, its a story of injuries, Terry joins the injury list, and could be doubtful for weds against Russia. It's likely Sol Campbell will be playing again for the first time in nearly 2 years, and barry set to retain his place alongside captain gerrard :D

Should be great game for Scotland too, taking on the Ukraine, hoping for 3 vital points :up:

oily oaf
13th October 2007, 09:33
Can I just wish the Irish and the Jocks all the best in their repective games today because I know that they'll all be sitting in front of the telly today with their green and blue football tops on with a natty little Cross Of St George vest on underneath.
Right boys? ;)

Good luck anyways ya English hating swines yers :D

pino
13th October 2007, 13:03
Good luck Denmark, Good luck Italy :D

Ian McC
13th October 2007, 22:19
Fine performance by both England and Scotland!

Good day to be English I think :beer:

oily oaf
14th October 2007, 08:35
Good luck Denmark, Good luck Italy :D

Ah well never mind old friend.
One out of two aint bad ;)

(drains glass of Valpollicella and boils up saucepan of tagliatelli)

oily oaf
14th October 2007, 08:40
Fine performance by both England and Scotland!

Good day to be English I think :beer:

I knew you were Scottish Mac ;)

Great result for The Jocks by the way.
I'm genuinely pleased for the little rascals :D

Aaargh I think my head's gonna fall off in a minute.

(throws self into garden pond and starts to drink deeply) :(

oily oaf
14th October 2007, 08:43
The only consolation is that Curryhead is feeling worse than I am.
Hows the hangover CH? :arrowed: :arrows:

Ian McC
14th October 2007, 08:52
I knew you were Scottish Mac ;)

:mad:

Oily, go to your room :mad:

oily oaf
14th October 2007, 08:59
:mad:

Oily, go to your room :mad:

I'm gone baby :(

Curryhead
14th October 2007, 09:26
The only consolation is that Curryhead is feeling worse than I am.
Hows the hangover CH? :arrowed: :arrows:

Oh mate, a hangover of major proportions is what I have, statistically 20 times worse than the one I suffered after Amir Khans victory the other weekend, I'm off to lay down for a while if you please :(

NoahsGirl
14th October 2007, 12:06
I'm so please that Englad won yesterday, but I doubt you will be surprised to hear I'm so ecstatic about the Scotland's win over the Ukraine. The trip to Austria /Switzerland for the Tartan Army is still on!

oily oaf
14th October 2007, 12:36
I'm so please that Englad won yesterday, but I doubt you will be surprised to hear I'm so ecstatic about the Scotland's win over the Ukraine. The trip to Austria /Switzerland for the Tartan Army is still on!

Who's this "Englad" of which you speak my little flower of Scotland?
Are they any good? ;)

stevie_gerrard
14th October 2007, 14:05
good performances from both England and Scotland :up: Looking forward to watching Scotland on BBC 2 then England down the pub on weds :up: :)

pino
15th October 2007, 08:07
Italy won but I wasn't impressed at all, the way Scotland is playing now, a great performance is needed to win in Glasgow and go ahead. Unless Scotland looses points next wednesday...but I don't think that will happen. Can you imagine the Euro-champ finals without Italy ? :s

Mark
15th October 2007, 08:12
Yes ;)

pino
17th October 2007, 07:31
GO Georgia :p :

pvtjoker
17th October 2007, 19:07
England is all but dead and buried after today. Maybe they'll bring in Jose to run things for World Cup and beyond. Its obvious McClaren (and Robinson!) is not the answer.

J4MIE
17th October 2007, 19:41
I have just turned off the Scotland match in absolute disgust :mad:

ioan
17th October 2007, 22:00
Finally we got it done! :)
It was weird knowing there is a football tournament and I had no one to support!

Curryhead
18th October 2007, 00:53
Can you imagine the Euro-champ finals without Italy ? :s

How about England? :(

pino
18th October 2007, 06:23

Sorry but only a miracle can now help England, thanks to Georgia, things are looking better for Italy, still we must not loose in Glasgow. And we both are in this situatuon due to mistakes by our coaches, they both deserve a kick in the arse :p :

Josti
18th October 2007, 08:30

Yet the Dutch squad will qualify undeserved. Van Basten is so determined on his 4 3 3 setup, but it never seems to work out in a proper way. The games are just painful to watch, but we win, and that will always be van Basten's excuse...

It would be a shame if England doesn't succeed in qualifying (while they play fairly good). But it's well known that everything Hiddink touches, (almost) turns in to gold.

ioan
18th October 2007, 09:44
Yet the Dutch squad will qualify undeserved. Van Basten is so determined on his 4 3 3 setup, but it never seems to work out in a proper way. The games are just painful to watch, but we win, and that will always be van Basten's excuse...

You don't always win! ;)
And I think he's doing a fine job Van Basten. :D

Josti
18th October 2007, 12:50
You don't always win! ;)
And I think he's doing a fine job Van Basten. :D

True, and at first I was happy it happened, but it seemed to have no effect on yesterday's
match. Romania would be a deserved Group winner BTW.

In Romania's perspective, van Basten is doing a fine job indeed ;) . Though up here, faith is pretty low.

CarlMetro
18th October 2007, 14:04
I'm hoping England don't qualify, then maybe they'll dump McLaren and replace him with someone who isn't a Sven clone.

J4MIE
18th October 2007, 14:13
things are looking better for Italy, still we must not loose in Glasgow

I don't think Italy have anything to worry about :s

stevie_gerrard
18th October 2007, 18:36
Nah the scottish perform in the big games, so it will be arrivederchi to our azzuri next month :D sorry pino, you had it coming by just supporting Georgia :p :

Oh my God, poor poor england, i didnt think they did that badly, but made the common Sven mistake of playing so deep and having shots rain in from everywhere. Im sorry but even if Paul Robinson made a mistake with the second goal (i dont think he could have done much more with the shot, okay he could have pushed it away into the corner, but thisi s split seconds reactions), the first goal changed the game, and it was NOT a penalty or foul whatsoever. I thought the referee had a shocker in my opinion.

So the possibility of no England, Scotland or NI, i never thought in my Generation i would attempt to watch a football tournament without a home country in it to support, but that may well be the case next summer............

GO SCOTLAND!! :p :

stevie_gerrard
18th October 2007, 18:37
One Final Comment

BRING BACK SVEN!!!

I'm not kidding, the guys doing it for man city, lets have him back, all is forgiven!! at least he can make us qualify :p :

pvtjoker
18th October 2007, 19:43
Gerrand was out to lunch yesterday. The only player that showed up was Rooney and his performance was shakey.

Iain
18th October 2007, 20:31
So the possibility of no England, Scotland or NI, i never thought in my Generation i would attempt to watch a football tournament without a home country in it to support, but that may well be the case next summer............

USA 94 with no British teams was very entertaining to a 13 year old me just getting into football. :)

Storm
18th October 2007, 22:32
USA 94 was great Iain...Baggio at his best :D
He deserved that winners medal :(

I did not catch any of the games but I hear that the penalty Russia got was not in the area and how it was a "disgraceful" decision...but I don't hear any English fans talking about Rooney's goal being an offside? (so say the reports)

I did not see this match but I am guessing it had the same script of the all England games in the last few years? England score a goal early and then think the match is over and they only need to defend (or attempt to) forgetting its supposed to be 90 minutes you overpaid over hyped bunch!

Crypt
18th October 2007, 23:35
Go Silly Nannies!

stevie_gerrard
21st October 2007, 01:43
I did not catch any of the games but I hear that the penalty Russia got was not in the area and how it was a "disgraceful" decision...but I don't hear any English fans talking about Rooney's goal being an offside? (so say the reports)

The Rooney goal was legitamite to me, if he was offside, he was offside by about an 1/8th of a cm, it was really close.

Still he managed to score another 2 goals today, he looks like to be back in form.

Wins for Arsenal, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Chelsea and Liverpool, who beat Everton 2-1 in a dramatic merseyside derby. Yet to see the highlights but apparently Kuyt shud have been sent off before he got the chance to score them 2 penalties, and Lescott had a perfectly valid penalty appeal turned down after Liverpool had gone 2-1 up. With Everton losing 2 men as well to sendings off, im looking forward to watching the highlights this morning.

Wolves beat Charlton (2nd) 2-0 :D and WBA lost :D which means we are up to 4th for a short period. :) hopefully this is the sign of things to come for the side, and Bristol City are now 2nd! :D

stevie_gerrard
24th October 2007, 03:24
Champions League news, and it was comfortable wins for Arsenal and Man United. That Theo Walcott (yeh, thats the one who got a free trip to Germany for doing bugger all :p : ), he's a bit good, Champions League Debut, 2 Goals, Impressive Performance, not much more you can ask for really.

Rangers got a fabolous point out of the "mighty" Barcelona :p : Saying that, Barca dominated for the first 65 minutes of the game, it was only towards the end did Rangers threaten. But the scottish lads did well, may find it a tad too much at the Nou Camp, but 7 points out of 9 is spot on what they needed. If they could snatch a point from Spain, i could see them going through. :)

Lyon back to winning ways, otherwise nothing else to report.

Wolves play Cardiff away tomorrow, knowing a win could put them 2ND in the table!! :eek: Plymouth beat Charlton tonight, so if Bristol City lose, then it will be High Flying Wolves, although that will probably be brief anyway, we dont do consistency :p :

alfa155btcc
24th October 2007, 11:19
Nah the scottish perform in the big games, so it will be arrivederchi to our azzuri next month :D sorry pino, you had it coming by just supporting Georgia :p :

Oh my God, poor poor england, i didnt think they did that badly, but made the common Sven mistake of playing so deep and having shots rain in from everywhere. Im sorry but even if Paul Robinson made a mistake with the second goal (i dont think he could have done much more with the shot, okay he could have pushed it away into the corner, but thisi s split seconds reactions), the first goal changed the game, and it was NOT a penalty or foul whatsoever. I thought the referee had a shocker in my opinion.

GO SCOTLAND!! :p :

Now there`s a suprise and english man supporting scotland, that`s never happened before has it lol. It never happen the other way round would it ?
:s mokin:

J4MIE
24th October 2007, 12:21
Scotland have moved up to 13th in the world despite losing 2-0 to Georgia.
England drop a place to 11th after losing to Russia.

The top nine teams will be seeded for the 2010 World Cup qualifying rounds.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7059726.stm

This will no doubt help a great deal in the 2010 World Cup qualifying group, where they will likely be second seeds, compared to fourth seeds for Switzerland/Austria 2008 :eek:

pino
24th October 2007, 12:38
So sad that one between Italy and Scotland won't qualify to Euro 2008, it should've been France :p :

pino
25th October 2007, 11:28
Hey where are all the Liverpool fans today ? :p :

veeten
25th October 2007, 12:46
be nice, pino. be nice... ;) :p :

stevie_gerrard
25th October 2007, 23:51
poor poor liverpool, thats what you get when you go out to win the premiership :p : Read a few articles lately about Gerrard leaving Liverpool to enhance his career. All the experts say its probably the right move for him now after not performing so far this season, yet all i can say is what a load of rubbish!! Gerrard is the finest Liverpool player since Ian Rush, theres no way you get rid of a legend like that. Sure, hes not on his greatest form, but who is lately? All the big names, The ronaldinhos, the messi's, them kind of plaers, have bad patches, i'm sure he will prove on the pitch sometime during this turgid season for liverpool what a fantastic player he is and how dedicated he is to his club. If anything, the whole liverpool situation is rafas fault for all the rotation. It's about time Rafa got over his hump with crouch and played him more often, when he came on against besitkas, he was awesome.

Alfa, I may be English, but Scotland are still a part of this united kingdom, and much as i like england to get through and actually play the football they should be able to, Scotland are good enough to make Euro 2008. I am a big patriot of the United Kingdom, my home country, so i will be happy to support whoever makes it whether it be Scotland or Northern Ireland :p : They doing much better than england lately ;) :p :

P.S Cardiff 2-3 Wolves

Great result, Jimmy and Fowler played well first half, but Kightly is a legend, and he had one of his magical nights where he was everywhere :D up to 3rd!!

alfa155btcc
26th October 2007, 19:13
poor poor liverpool, thats what you get when you go out to win the premiership :p : Read a few articles lately about Gerrard leaving Liverpool to enhance his career. All the experts say its probably the right move for him now after not performing so far this season, yet all i can say is what a load of rubbish!! Gerrard is the finest Liverpool player since Ian Rush, theres no way you get rid of a legend like that. Sure, hes not on his greatest form, but who is lately? All the big names, The ronaldinhos, the messi's, them kind of plaers, have bad patches, i'm sure he will prove on the pitch sometime during this turgid season for liverpool what a fantastic player he is and how dedicated he is to his club. If anything, the whole liverpool situation is rafas fault for all the rotation. It's about time Rafa got over his hump with crouch and played him more often, when he came on against besitkas, he was awesome.

Alfa, I may be English, but Scotland are still a part of this united kingdom, and much as i like england to get through and actually play the football they should be able to, Scotland are good enough to make Euro 2008. I am a big patriot of the United Kingdom, my home country, so i will be happy to support whoever makes it whether it be Scotland or Northern Ireland :p : They doing much better than england lately ;) :p :

P.S Cardiff 2-3 Wolves

Great result, Jimmy and Fowler played well first half, but Kightly is a legend, and he had one of his magical nights where he was everywhere :D up to 3rd!!

Whatever you say stevie, hang was that a flying pig i just saw out of my window!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Liverpool so glad they are only on 1 point, and they won`t win the Premiership either, they are starting look as stupid as Rafa`s goatie lol hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Brown, Jon Brow
26th October 2007, 22:43
I agree with Stevie. I'd support Scotland or N.Ireland if England didn't qualify.

I even remember being gutted when the Republic of Ireland got knocked out of the 2002 World Cup :s

stevie_gerrard
28th October 2007, 22:54
Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal, No kidding, this was best game of the season, end to end stuff, a great drive by gerrard and wonderfully worked goal by fabregas. Arsenal may have deserved to win but liverpool were gritty and thats what you need when ur playing the big teams.

Wins for Chelsea comfortably over man city, and man utd comfortably over boro, and the title race opens up again.

Ipswich 3-0 Wolves, can say that Ipswich have a fortress as home, 6 wins out of 6, great form, and they are starting to look like the side george burley once had. Wouldnt be surprised to see Ipswich in the mix at the end of the season. WBA next, a game loyal fans like me will look forward to :up:

Ac Milan 0-1 Roma, very open game but Roma thoroughly deserved their victory, AC Milan just dont look like the side they once were in the league, very vunerable at home, it could be a long season for them. With Juve losing as well, things are looking very interesting at the top, fiorentina and roma unbeaten, what do you say pino? it looks like a good open season. :up:

pino
29th October 2007, 07:13
Ac Milan 0-1 Roma, very open game but Roma thoroughly deserved their victory, AC Milan just dont look like the side they once were in the league, very vunerable at home, it could be a long season for them. With Juve losing as well, things are looking very interesting at the top, fiorentina and roma unbeaten, what do you say pino? it looks like a good open season. :up:

Fight title will be between Inter and Roma, Milan is already out, while Juve needs a couple of class players to reach the level of the 2 top Team. However Juve was beaten in Napoli by 2 penalties that have shocked both Napoli players and Napoli fans...even the Tv showed none of them were penalty. Referee so far have been very very harsh towards Juve :mad:

pvtjoker
29th October 2007, 13:32
Liverpool v. Arsenal was a great match.

How about Blackburn? Will they, could they make it into the top 4 in the Premiership?! Heres hoping Liverpool continues its drop. :)

Storm
29th October 2007, 17:53
So refs are finally doing reverse justice for all those nice decisions they have given to Juve in the past ? :p : where's ody ?

I saw the Milan game too and Roma's goal was good but that once again showed what a poor keeper Dida really is.

Also watched the Liverpool game (lots of footie after a looong time) and was backing them all the way against Obscene Wenger's team but have to say they looked like they would score any time towards the end.

jso1985
29th October 2007, 19:10
Fight title will be between Inter and Roma, Milan is already out, while Juve needs a couple of class players to reach the level of the 2 top Team. However Juve was beaten in Napoli by 2 penalties that have shocked both Napoli players and Napoli fans...even the Tv showed none of them were penalty. Referee so far have been very very harsh towards Juve :mad:

feels like divine justice then...

Storm
31st October 2007, 15:29
Valencia sacked their manager Quique Sanchez Flores and now Ronald Koeman is the new coach!

SEATFreak
31st October 2007, 16:51
To continue this rare trip into domestic football is Bolton's decision to get Gary Megson's not the barmiest choice an English league club has made?Megson has absolutely zero, nadda, zip, zilch, goose-egg credible success at any of his clubs.

You will all be extatic to know I did do some research and this is the track record of Mr. G Megson.

Norwich City
Whilst playing became assistant to John Deehan. Returned in late 95' after leaving when Deehan was sacked but was himself sacked at the end of the season

Blackpool
In 1996 recorded only 21 wins in 52 games. Megson left at the end of the season.

Stockport County
In 1997 he took the team within 2 places of the playoffs. But after two reasonable season he was sacked. Why? The board alleged he applied for a post elswhere without their knowledge.

Stoke City
The new Icelandic consortium soon got shot of Megson.

West Bromwich Albion
Better success. Narrowly avoided relegation in 1999-2000. In 2000-01 overhaulled Wolves' 11pt lead, was Manager of the Month in November and Manager of the Year. In 20001-02 was promoted but wasn't prepared financially and were relegated. But went back up for 2004-2005. But in October 2005 he left.

Nottingam Forest
Promotion to Championship for 2005-06 was a disaster. Struggling away from home and points-wise were near the bottom. In February 2006 he resigned after pressure from pissed off Forest fans.

Nuff said. Pretty average I would say at best.

GridGirl
31st October 2007, 19:05
You seem to have pulled out all the negative points in Megson's career there Seak Freak. :p

Awww I do miss Gary Megson and the *Megson Megson, He's the one thats gonnna get out out Division One* chant. He's a good manager and did alot for West Brom but its questionable as to whether he can last long in the Premiership though. At West Brom he kept falling out the with chairman of the club. The first one left because of him and when he fell out with the next one it was decided that he should go instead. Your always going to put money before a manager.

Made me chuckle seeing this payslip online today. Some heads are gonna roll somewhere for this being leaked.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7071296.stm

stevie_gerrard
1st November 2007, 22:47
West Bromwich Albion
Better success. Narrowly avoided relegation in 1999-2000. In 2000-01 overhaulled Wolves' 11pt lead, was Manager of the Month in November and Manager of the Year. In 20001-02 was promoted but wasn't prepared financially and were relegated. But went back up for 2004-2005. But in October 2005 he left.

Yeh lets not talk about that season :p :

He was really good at WBA, the right man to get them out of division one, but hes never been the manager who consistently kept you in the premiership, i can see Bolton struggling a lot this season under him.

No shocks in the carling cup this midweek, but ive been looking forward to Arsenal vs Man United after sundays thriller between the gunners and liverpool. This could be a key moment in the title race so early in the season.

Rollo
2nd November 2007, 00:15
You will all be extatic to know I did do some research and this is the track record of Mr. G Megson.

Blackpool
In 1996 recorded only 21 wins in 52 games. Megson left at the end of the season.

That brings back some... er memories?

Megson, whereever you may be,
Relegate us to Division Three,
Cause you'll **** us up, whereever you may be,
We'll get the shove to Division Three

Josti
2nd November 2007, 08:11
[quote="Storm"]Valencia sacked their manager Quique Sanchez Flores and now Ronald Koeman is the new coach![/QUOTE

Yes, Koeman to Valencia. If he waited till the end of the season, he might have been up for replacing Rijkaard at Barcelona. That would be a nice reunion, but I wish him all the best at Valencia.

Martin Jol might be up for the new managing position at PSV :up:

stevie_gerrard
4th November 2007, 19:17
Arsenal 2-2 Man Utd

Tense thrilling game, outdid anfields game last week for drama, man utd unlucky not to get three points, but will be glad with any points from the fortress that is the emirates.

Wins for Chelsea, Portsmouth (who destroyed newcastle with 3 goals in the first 11 minutes :eek: ) and Everton at the death, while liverpool dropped more points away at blackburn.

Serie A, Roma lost out on 3 points thanks to a last gasp ronaldinho style free kick from Empoli, stunning but saying that, their first goal was outstanding too. fiorentina continued their awesome run of form, while Milan lost out on more points at home with a goalless draw with Torino. Juve vs Inter tonight, a big game for both sides, should be good :up:

Curryhead
4th November 2007, 20:41
Nottingam Forest
Promotion to Championship for 2005-06 was a disaster. Struggling away from home and points-wise were near the bottom. In February 2006 he resigned after pressure from pissed off Forest fans.

Nuff said. Pretty average I would say at best.

Please don't mention that mans whilst I am around :devil:

:D

Storm
5th November 2007, 16:12
Juve 2-2 Inter..

Sevilla 2-0 Madrid :p :

Barca 3-0 win against Betis, 2 goals from Ronaldinho and 1 from Henry

Villareal 4-3 Atletico Madrid :eek:
They came back from being 0-2 down...crazy match I guess..

pino
5th November 2007, 22:10
Juve 2-2 Inter..

2-2 ? :eek: Who scored the 2 other goals ? I fell asleep after 1-1 ;)

stevie_gerrard
6th November 2007, 22:25
Champions League and Liverpool won 8-0 against Besitkas, yes you did read that right, 8-0!! Absolutely brilliant performance, some stunning if not cheeky goals, but it begs the question, how did they lose to this side 2 weeks ago? :p : still need 2 wins out of 2 to get through, but on the basis of that performance, it looks like it will be a doddle.

chelsea drew 0-0 but almost guaranteed progression after valencia lost to rosenborg!! :eek: quite surprised by that, i'd have put my money on Valencia to get past the group stages.

Celtic beat Benfica 1-0, which keeps their hopes alive, but i get the feeling they may need something from Milan if they are to progress. Not easy, but saying that, look at AC's home form lately :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
6th November 2007, 22:35
Champions League and Liverpool won 8-0 against Besitkas, yes you did read that right, 8-0!! Absolutely brilliant performance, some stunning if not cheeky goals, but it begs the question, how did they lose to this side 2 weeks ago? :p : still need 2 wins out of 2 to get through, but on the basis of that performance, it looks like it will be a doddle.

I'll look forward to Liverpool supporters saying that they are greater than Man Utd because we only managed to score 7 against Roma :rolleyes:

GridGirl
6th November 2007, 22:51
I've just got back from the football. I think I need this thread to just say ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! Worst display of refereeing I've ever seen. An own goal disallowed, and blatent fouls completely ignored before playing an four minutes of extra extra time. I thought we'd carry on playing all night till he finally let the other side have a goal, lucky for me it was only 7 minutes in the end.

Rant over, I think I'm in need of chocolate. :)

Storm
7th November 2007, 15:55
Olympiacos held on for a 0-0 draw against Madrid...where the hell is Ody??

pino
9th November 2007, 09:13
Buffon

Cannavaro Nesta Terry Puyol

Gerrard C.Ronaldo Kaká Messi

Ronaldinho Drogba

This is the strongest squad voted by more than 44.000 players from all over the World, do you agree with them ?

I agree with them except for Gerrard, Gattuso deserves that place, with so many offensive players, you need a warrior like him in the midfield ;)

jso1985
9th November 2007, 19:24
Ronaldinho should't be there, he hasn't played at his best in 2 years.

Van Nistelrooy should take his place

Storm
9th November 2007, 20:46
I agree that van Nistelrooy or Eto'o should be in as the other striker....
or even David Villa

Surprised that Daniel Alves isn't in as right-back..he has been great for Sevilla but then who notices 2nd tier clubs?

Gattusso over Gerrard? :p : I would pick Gerrard everytime in any team, but not exactly C Ronaldo....Messi is far better in every aspect and he can switch to any wing for that matter. Kaka is similarly more versatile as a playmaker.

I would put someone more defensive like Gattuso in place of Ronaldo.

Mark
12th November 2007, 08:52
Not a good day to be a Juventus fan today.

pino
12th November 2007, 11:51
Not a good day to be a Juventus fan today.

Why ? :confused:

Mark
12th November 2007, 11:56
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7090170.stm

pino
12th November 2007, 12:05
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7090170.stm

The poor Guy was shut (was an incident) by a policeman, not by Juventus fans...still it's a sad a crazy tragedy :(

stevie_gerrard
13th November 2007, 22:29
Its such a shame to see that this is still affecting the beautiful game. Thing is tho, its been happening in Italy more recently, i don't think we will ever lose that side of football. My thoughts are with the family of who's poor boy was shot.

Anyway, back to footballing matters, and there is only one team everyone will be supporting at the weekend in the big international fixtures....... England as they play some pointless friendly in Austria :p :

being serious though, Cant wait to see Scotland vs Italy, i got my money on a 2-1 win pino, how about you? ;) :p : For Scotland Obviously :p :

Also, Israel vs Russia should see all the israeli flags outside every english pub as i go in for a quiet pint. May watch the game, but theres not a lot of point, we all know england are gonna scrape through by the skin of their teeth, then reach the quarter finals of Euro 2008 before being knocked out on penalties, despite scoring a credible goal in extra time ;)

pino
14th November 2007, 06:48
being serious though, Cant wait to see Scotland vs Italy, i got my money on a 2-1 win pino, how about you? ;) :p : For Scotland Obviously :p :

Not that I feel to talk football right now, but the show must go on as they say so...

It's a crucial match for both sides and it will be a great fight for the win, opefully without incidents.NO doubt that Italy can win due to a better squad, but Scotland have gives us some surprises before, plus they are playing home so anything can happen. I say it will end 1-1 with Toni to score for Italy... I am still mad that France will go ahead anyway :hmph: I wanted Italy and Scotland to go to Euro 2008 :up:

pino
17th November 2007, 14:06
Here's Italy squad :

Buffon

Panucci Cannavaro Barzagli Zambrotta

Gattuso Ambrosini Pirlo

Camoranesi Toni Di Natale

Sorry scottish friends but...FORZA ITALIA ! :D

ozrevhead
17th November 2007, 14:51
Socceroos stunned by Advocaat U-turn
Email Printer friendly version Normal font Large font November 17, 2007 - 8:24AM

Advertisement
The Socceroos are facing the prospect of starting their 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign without a head coach after Dick Advocaat's stunning about-turn on the Australian team job.

The Dutchman, who is believed to have signed a contract in August, had been expected to be officially unveiled as Socceroos boss in the coming days.

But he has instead left Football Federation Australia (FFA) officials privately fuming after reportedly opting to re-sign with Russian club Zenit St Petersburg on a $4 million-a-year deal just days after leading them to the league title.

The dramatic reversal leaves the FFA back at square one in their so-far 18-month search for a successor to Guus Hiddink.

The FFA remain determined in appointing an international coach, with previous candidates Jorvan Vieira, the Brazilian who led Iraq to the Asian Cup title in July, and former South Korean coach Pim Verbeek again likely to be considered.

But Advocaat's decision is still a massive blow to Australia's World Cup qualifying campaign, adding further uncertainty over the Socceroos job.

Technical Director Rob Baan, who will coach the Socceroos against Nigeria in London (2am kickoff Sunday AEDT), has already stated he is not interested in the top job.

While Graham Arnold, who took over from Hiddink but failed to cement his place after taking the Socceroos to a disappointing quarter-final finish at the Asian Cup, is unlikely to be considered.

Baan or Arnold, though, may yet be asked to take the reins for the early stages of Australia's World Cup qualifying campaign should the FFA fail to appoint a fulltime coach before the Socceroos first qualifier on February 6.

Advocaat had been tagged the Socceroos coach-elect for the best part of four months, with News Limited newspapers claiming the former Netherlands and South Korea boss signed a contract with the FFA in August.

Chief executive Ben Buckley said the FFA had already begun talking to Advocaat's lawyers and Zenit over the back down, but while there remains the possibility of a legal challenge, there appears little chance Australia would want a reluctant Advocaat to now coach the team.

Zenit claimed the Russian premiership title this week, with that triumph perhaps the catalyst behind Advocaat spurning the Socceroos job.

Advocaat is believed to have asked the FFA to not formally announce his appointment in August because he did not want it to destabilise Zenit's season.

The events will particularly anger the players, who were expecting to meet Advocaat before the Nigeria friendly and were keen to impress the new coach.
I am in the verge of tears posting this - I feel cheated and disillusioned

First we have to fight tooth and nail with european clubs to have our players play any games....Now this

What have we done to be treated with such contemp and disrespect

I just dont get it

:( :( :( :(

pino
18th November 2007, 07:55
Italy won and I must admit that for the very first time in my life, I wasn't happy 100%. We might have give Scotland a football lesson but the great people and unique fans of Scotland gave us a lesson of sporting civilty :up: I am very very sorry they didn't qualify for Euro 2008, France did insted of Scotland :mad:

Josti
18th November 2007, 14:53
Shame Russia screwed it up too...

stevie_gerrard
18th November 2007, 21:37
Yes, indeed i feel so sorry for scotland fans, their team deserved to be in euro 2008. It was one veyr crazy game, with poor decisions for both sides, i'm surprised that nothing has been done about the referees who took part in this game, because they were a poor representation of refereeing today, it was a shocking performance.

Still, you have to love Israel beating Russia :p : Russia dominant in the second half, hit the post, only for israel to go up the other end and score. England thrown a bone which they didnt deserve, but in the end, England still have to get the result, which im confident they will, but this is England we are talking about :p :

But talking of success stories, and teams that deserve to be at Euro 2008, how about NI? Healy scored his 13th goal of qualifying to set a new record and keep them in the fight for a place at Euro 2008. Here is hoping for the miracles of all miracles, NI to beat Spain and Sweden to lose to Latvia. If theres any team that deserves to be at that competition, it surely is NI for their wonderful effort. :)

Rollo
18th November 2007, 22:51
Dear people of Scotland,

You may hate your neighbours down south and even cheer for every team that England plays, but I don't think that the hatred is reciprocated. I genuinely am disappointed that Scotland was eliminated from the tournament and especially at the hands of Italy*.

I am in the verge of tears posting this - I feel cheated and disillusioned
First we have to fight tooth and nail with european clubs to have our players play any games....Now this
What have we done to be treated with such contemp and disrespect
I just dont get it

I don't understand why the FFA is enamoured with pretty boys who only turn up and play for their country when it suits them. Cahill invented some bollocks story about being "injured" as did Viduka, Grella and Bresciano. Kewell only played because he isn't good enough to play for his club.

Stick Carney in the national side, give Paul Henderson the number 1 strip and give someone from the A-League the national managerial job because they'll actually care about it - someone like Vidmar or Kosmina (but not Farina because he is crap).

*I still can't forgive Grosso for his dive in 2006. Knocking out Scotland isn't endearing di Azzurri Stravagante to me either.

ozrevhead
19th November 2007, 05:41
I agree totaly Rollo but FFA are set on high profile coaches and players. Football isnt the no. sport here as it is overseas and its believed that we need the 'profile' I think its crap!

As they said on Fox last night, our problem is in the past it was a no risk job - you only had 2 games to prepare for and if you got through you are a hero.

Now you are expected to qualify, and it's an 18 month qualification period. Quite a long period for a big name coach out of the European loop.

I think we need an experiance coach but it would be handy to have a someone from the A-League to look at the a-league players. I have forgotten the Brazilian's name but the guy who coached Iraq to Asian Cup glory as he knows the system.

Truth is the future of the sport in this country depends on us qualifying for the WC

pino
19th November 2007, 07:16
Yes, indeed i feel so sorry for scotland fans, their team deserved to be in euro 2008. It was one veyr crazy game, with poor decisions for both sides, i'm surprised that nothing has been done about the referees who took part in this game, because they were a poor representation of refereeing today, it was a shocking performance.

A shocking performance indeed, which damaged Italy more than Scotland, no matter what our scottish friends are saying. They are complaing about the free kick given to Chiellini that allowed Panucci to score the winning goal for Italy, but how about the 2nd goal we scored which was disallowed for no reason ? While the scottish goal that gave the draw, was clearly in off-side but the same spanish lineman didn't see at all ? :s

rollo, you mind to explain this Azzurri Stravagante ? :confused: also how long do we have to read about Grosso's dive ? Many time we said that it was a very poor decision by the referee, why can't you let it go ? :crazy:

Rollo
19th November 2007, 08:49
How long? Well, Germans still tell the English that the third goal in the 1966 Cup Final never crossed the line, and that was 41 years ago. Football fans hold very very long grudges :D

I have a deep seated grudge against David James, and he left Liverpool in 1999.

Now you are expected to qualify, and it's an 18 month qualification period. Quite a long period for a big name coach out of the European loop.

I think we need an experiance coach but it would be handy to have a someone from the A-League to look at the a-league players.

This is going to sound daft, but I bet that if you put the champion A-League side up against the national side, then the A-League team would win. Why? Because they already play together week-in & week-out.
The best sides are often the champion teams that know each other so well, that they have an innate sense of where they are at any given moment. You don't get that with players who come together once every 8 months. Just look at England - brilliant players, but put them together and they'd have trouble beating St Ignatius F Grade.

ozrevhead
19th November 2007, 09:14
How long? Well, Germans still tell the English that the third goal in the 1966 Cup Final never crossed the line, and that was 41 years ago. Football fans hold very very long grudges :D

I have a deep seated grudge against David James, and he left Liverpool in 1999.

This is going to sound daft, but I bet that if you put the champion A-League side up against the national side, then the A-League team would win. Why? Because they already play together week-in & week-out.
The best sides are often the champion teams that know each other so well, that they have an innate sense of where they are at any given moment. You don't get that with players who come together once every 8 months. Just look at England - brilliant players, but put them together and they'd have trouble beating St Ignatius F Grade.
i agree 100% percent - ur preeching to the converted

We only get friendlys every three months and we we do get them EPL clubs pressure our players not to play - its fustrating and the main reason I dont watch EPL for anything

pino
19th November 2007, 09:20

I still don't get the Azzurri Stravagante :confused: please explain...

Rollo
19th November 2007, 10:23
The term "Azzurri Stravagante" was coined by La Gazetta Dello Sport really early in the World Cup '06 tournament. There were scandals breaking out with regards Serie A and when Zaccardo own goaled against the USA (did that end 1-1?) the Italian press in general was one step away from outright hostility against the nation team.

I guess pressure was brought to bear on Lippi because despite having just won the World Cup, he mysteriously resigned within days.

Current manger Donadoni was in charge of Livorno and then had a major fight on telly with Aldo Spinelli; so the national side picked him up to be manager because he was unemployed at the time.

I think that "Azzurri Stravagante" is quite apt. Italian football has a history of mystery and intruigue with people exiting one door and entering another. Il football Italiano è molto stravagante.

J4MIE
21st November 2007, 22:01
Let the excuses begin.....

:D :up:

Rollo
21st November 2007, 22:01
A big thank you to Steve McLaren and the lads in the kit with the Three Lions on. You've just ****ed up my holidays next year. This is the same McLaren who managed a side to a 4-0 loss in a UEFA Cup final.

BOOO :angryfire :

Brown, Jon Brow
21st November 2007, 22:02
How embarrassing :s :o

Tshbez
21st November 2007, 22:15
I see the Scottish contingent were shut up until now...I wonder why.

But yes, that was a laughing stock and I actually thought that game was damn funny. Mighty England, given qualification on a plate...at Fort Wembley, 90,000 fans, against a team that was beaten by the incredible Macedonia and had already qualified. Trust the English to provide one of the worst pitches ever seen and lose two goals in 15 minutes, whilst the mastermind Mclaren stood there under his umbrella and Venables lazed about in the royal box.

I am glad we're out though. We have finally prooven to everyone that we are not a good team and we can't mix it with the best international teams in the world. If Wembley can't provide a decent pitch like every other stadium in the country, we have got serious, serious problems.

Zico
21st November 2007, 22:16

How could there be any excuses.. that was really bad. Relaxing when they got it back to 2-2 was just suicide. The pitch was bad but its no excuse.. both teams played on the same turf.

J4MIE
21st November 2007, 22:42
I see the Scottish contingent were shut up until now...I wonder why.

Well I haven't seen it myself, but I believe it was a dodgy decision by the ref which allowed the World Champions to score a last minute goal. Scotland had a much better qualifying campaign than England despite having a much tougher group.

...yet most fans, pundits and papers expect England to go to tournaments and win?

Tshbez
21st November 2007, 22:47
Well I haven't seen it myself, but I believe it was a dodgy decision by the ref which allowed the World Champions to score a last minute goal. Scotland had a much better qualifying campaign than England despite having a much tougher group.

...yet most fans, pundits and papers expect England to go to tournaments and win?

I thought England are the ones needing excuses??

Zico
21st November 2007, 23:07
I thought England are the ones needing excuses??

We dont need excuses because we are always the underdogs. Scotland equalled Italy and even outplayed/outfought them in the 2nd half. They were cheated by a dodgy ref.. far from being an excuse.. it was a miscarraige of justice. Scotland deserved to be there and did the nation proud with their outstanding results in an incredibly tough group. You couldnt say the same for England.

Im not gloating.. far from it, you guys must really be hurting right now.

Tshbez
22nd November 2007, 00:46
You lost to Ukraine and Georgia and Italy twice - thats why you didn't qualify. We lost to Croatia twice, Russia once and drew with Israel and Macedonia - that was our demise. Sorry, but no one "deserves" to get any where. Points are what matters and neither team got enough.

Steve Mclaren is dead in the water now anyway; he has to go and nothing else is reasonable. A total clearout and rehaul is required with England and thats what they've been crying out for for a while now. It couldn't carry on like this.

stevie_gerrard
22nd November 2007, 01:04

no Excuses, Just one question

has Mclaren been sacked yet?

That was diabolical, the first time ive been disgusted to be an england fan. They went out there and crumbled, and although it was the players fault for the lack of passion and drive in the squad (Crouch was the only one showing remotely anything close to passion and pride) Mclaren has to take the blame for picking a young keeper only picking up the second cap of his career when he had a perfectly good substitute in David James and sticking poor lanky Crouch up front to head down to thin air where any decent striker like owen or rooney or bent or defoe may have been to get a shot in, but there wasnt anyone there. Beckham tried his best to rally the troops with a decent cross for Crouch to make it 2-2, but in the end, only he deserved to wear the shirt tonight, and the rest of them we're a complete joke. For once, i am glad that someone like England are not in a major tournament because i think they will become better off because of it, and it will be a tough lesson for all them primadonnas who think just cause we are england we deserve to go through. I will not be supporting England again for now at international level, because it just isnt worth the grief, which is a shame to say, but is unfortunately true at this moment in time :(

Being serious about the next manager of England, bring back Sven, seriously thnis guy has proven this season with Man City just how good a manager he is with the right players, players unheard of in this country, there is a good spread of talent in England that he cud choose from. He became scapegoat because England failed to make the big games in major tournaments, but that was the players fault, not necessarily the managers. If not sVen, then how about Stuart Pearce? After a successful first year with Man City, he did lose things a little. But he has proven with an Under 21 side that has become a lot better than the senior XI, reaching the semi finals of the euro championships, that he is up to the task, a man who has the pride and passion of england running through his veins, and someone who wud give these footballers who are so lazy a kick up the backside to motivate them to produce the kind of football they produce week in week out for club.

Ok Rant over, i had to get it off my chest otherwise i would explode :p :

Drew
22nd November 2007, 01:05
Croatia were simply a better team. The first half of the second half was good, there seemed to be a lot of attempts and beckham was showing his worth and then it all faded.

I'm not sure the welsh next door neighbours appreciated about 5 english people shouting at the tele and swearing quite loudly too...

Zico
22nd November 2007, 01:25
You lost to Ukraine and Georgia and Italy twice - thats why you didn't qualify. We lost to Croatia twice, Russia once and drew with Israel and Macedonia - that was our demise. Sorry, but no one "deserves" to get any where. Points are what matters and neither team got enough.

Of course points are what matters.. We lost to Italy because of one absolutely ludicrous decision by a blind or corrupt referee.. that is why we deserved to qualify.. we were robbed.

janneppi
22nd November 2007, 06:44
Buu, who cares about some little Island countries not getting through when Finland, the only serious contender for the what ever tournament this was the qualies for, didn't get through, we'll beat you in ice hockey Portugal, because that's what really matters, right... :(

pino
22nd November 2007, 07:47
Of course points are what matters.. We lost to Italy because of one absolutely ludicrous decision by a blind or corrupt referee.. that is why we deserved to qualify.. we were robbed.

Please watch carefully this video (italian) of the match,and you will find out that your goal was in off-side while Italy scored a 2nd goal in 1st half but the lineman disallowed it for NO REASONS as I've posted before. Anyway I agree that the free-kick against you was a joke, but you still needed a win to go ahead, and at that time the result was 1-1... Believe me I am as sorry as all you scottish people but Italy was robbed too, that referee was a joke :down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uiGPp5UyZI

gadjo_dilo
22nd November 2007, 08:25
This is the same McLaren who managed a side to a 4-0 loss in a UEFA Cup final.

BOOO :angryfire :

Yeah, it's the same McClaren who managed to access that final after a comeback from 0-2 to 4-2 in the semifinal. At 2-2 I thought the history is repeating but unfortunately Beckham isn't Macarone and it seems that my curses have worked.

Hurray!!!!
:laugh:

Dave B
22nd November 2007, 08:49
I watched part of the England match and it strikes me that McClaren has no rapport with his players. He looked like a bored spectator, and at the end disappeared before you could say "resignation". Admittedly he probably had things on his mind, but what's wrong with sticking around for a minute to show solidarity with your players?

The performance on the pitch was pathetic, apart from the first fifteen minutes of the second half. If that's really the best we can do when we absolutely have to perform, then heaven help us. We weren't unlucky, we weren't robbed, we were simply rubbish.

SEATFreak
22nd November 2007, 08:50
has Mclaren been sacked yet?

Theirs a meeting at FA HQ right now to discuss him.

I am not completely England daft; my Grandfather on my mother side who tragically has not long left is Dutch and I was told by him in more healthier times that I do have Dutch blood in me so I have a strong alleigance to Holland, but when I went to sleep last night was the fist time I felt the same gutted feeling you do when you see your team get relegated or loose in the FA Cup 3rd round to a team a whole division apart from your team.

Sometime last night I did have this wonderful thought that however unlikely did put a little ray of hope in my mind. I pictures switching on the TV to see the sports news to see Jose Mourinho announced as England manager.

For the first time I saw how bad McLaren was. I am praying he gets a boot shoved up his backside and is launched out of FA HQ, never to manage again.

gadjo_dilo
22nd November 2007, 09:03
Theirs a meeting at FA HQ right now to discuss him.

I am not completely England daft; my Grandfather on my mother side who tragically has not long left is Dutch and I was told by him in more healthier times that I do have Dutch blood in me so I have a strong alleigance to Holland, but when I went to sleep last night was the fist time I felt the same gutted feeling you do when you see your team get relegated or loose in the FA Cup 3rd round to a team a whole division apart from your team.

And as if it wasn't enough, last night Holland lost against Belarus.

Josti
22nd November 2007, 09:59
we have got serious, serious problems.

Same here, but we actually have to participate at Euro 2008 :\

If there's one team who didn't deserve to qualify, it's the Dutch squad. Embarrissing games, mostly without any inspiration and a lag of goals. Our loss yesterday against Belarus kind of summed it all up. Yet we are still placed 1st at the UEFA rankings...

Shame England didn't get to qualify. I think a bit of a loss to have no country from the British island (including Ireland etc.) participating next year. On the other hand, great that Hiddink did it again.

leopard
22nd November 2007, 10:28
FA is no longer at McLaren, so I don't think issue about FA cup and McLaren worked out, just my two cents.

Drew
22nd November 2007, 10:33
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7100393.stm

McClaren sacked as England coach

Thank god :p :

Anybody want to start making guesses for the next manager?

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd November 2007, 12:18
Martin O'Niell is my guess. But we don't need a good manager at the moment because we aren't going to any tournaments :s

pino
22nd November 2007, 12:23
Ital media reported that Capello and Mourinho are on pole for the job :p :

pino
22nd November 2007, 12:28
For the first time I saw how bad McLaren was.

Me too, can't believe he chose Carson as keeper, left Terry on bench and brought Beckam only in 2nd half...too many mistakes at the same time :crazy:

Tomi
22nd November 2007, 12:34
Ital media reported that Capello and Mourinho are on pole for the job :p :

Better not take it, with average players you get average result.

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd November 2007, 12:55
Better not take it, with average players you get average result.

The thing is that England don't have average players. People like Rooney, Owen, Gerrard, Lampard and Terry would walk into most (if not all) international teams in Europe. So why can't they beat teams like Israel and Macedonia?

Tomi
22nd November 2007, 13:16
The thing is that England don't have average players. People like Rooney, Owen, Gerrard, Lampard and Terry would walk into most (if not all) international teams in Europe. So why can't they beat teams like Israel and Macedonia?

Well, maybe because other countries has very good players too, to give the coach the boot every times the team dont reach the peoples over dimensioned expectations is a cheap way to solve the problem.

gadjo_dilo
22nd November 2007, 13:29

All the guys you've mentioned play in teams where english players are a sort of rara avis. We may have a wrong perception of the Premier League if we think that a team like Arsenal play without a single english player. Rooney or Gerrard are great indeed but they play alongside some of the best foreigners in the world. Are they able to make the difference in a team with average players? Sometimes it happen they have a bad day but the rest of the team who are also top players can replace their role.
At the same time, other teams that are really mediocre but managed to qualify did it because the players are used to play together and the team is built on the nucleus of the best team in the country + a few guys who play abroad..
Last but not least, let's face the truth, for years now the english football is boring and previsible.

MrJan
22nd November 2007, 14:03
McLaren should never have got the job. The team looked poor from day one and a stretch of results that were shocking. I'm glad they actually sacked him and didn't do that fake 'resignation'# thing. This needs to go down in history that he was bad enough to be chucked out.
What really annoys me is that after oour second goal he told everyone to sit back. A f****** dog could tell you that England are not capable of soaking up pressure like that and a Croatian goal was on the cards. Shocking performances from the players as well, top of the list Wayne Bridge who looked like he'd never seen a football before. Joe Cole looked like the player most likely to do something.

As for next manager, my money's on Big Sam.

Storm
22nd November 2007, 14:51
Lovely!
England are not going to be in a major tournament so we can actually enjoy that without the over-enthusiastic commentary thing about how England are one of the top-top teams and how they "deserve" to be winning !?!

I would love to see the faces of so called pundits...especially BBC Sport site...where the prediction guy (Lawrenson) had said he had no doubts about England qualifying as Croatia were good but not a "top, top team"..that may be true but neither are England and haven't been for a long time :laugh:

They have some seriously good players (especially Gerrard ) but completely mismanaged by Sven and McClaren and as a team a total failure.
1-1 vs Trinidad & Tobago in the World Cup was symbolic of their performances in the past years.

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd November 2007, 16:13
1-1 vs Trinidad & Tobago in the World Cup was symbolic of their performances in the past years.

Didn't England beat Trinidad & Tobago 2-0 at the World Cup?

SOD
22nd November 2007, 17:55
I watched part of the England match and it strikes me that McClaren has no rapport with his players. He looked like a bored spectator, and at the end disappeared before you could say "resignation". Admittedly he probably had things on his mind, but what's wrong with sticking around for a minute to show solidarity with your players?

The performance on the pitch was pathetic, apart from the first fifteen minutes of the second half. If that's really the best we can do when we absolutely have to perform, then heaven help us. We weren't unlucky, we weren't robbed, we were simply rubbish.

I agree that mcClaren should have stuck around after the final whistle to commiserate with the players.

Croatia could hold onto the ball even with 3 Nglish players in their vicinity.

I thought that ENgland had a genuine chance of winning the competition if they had their best team available.

Home Nations Championship in 2008 :D

Drew
22nd November 2007, 18:54
I personally would like to see Mourinho in charge. Somebody who is quite clearly passionate about their job and a strong character would make things more interesting.

And yes, England did beat Trinidad and Tobago 2-0

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/germany2006/results/index.html :)

Rollo
22nd November 2007, 22:04
Home Nations Championship in 2008 :D

They may as well since there's **** all else to play for for the next 2 years.

I suspect that if Jersey had a squad, they'd lure Le Tissier (and his cup of tea) out of retirement and they'd finish ahead of England in that table.

AndyRAC
23rd November 2007, 08:49
Lovely!
England are not going to be in a major tournament so we can actually enjoy that without the over-enthusiastic commentary thing about how England are one of the top-top teams and how they "deserve" to be winning !?!

I would love to see the faces of so called pundits...especially BBC Sport site...where the prediction guy (Lawrenson) had said he had no doubts about England qualifying as Croatia were good but not a "top, top team"..that may be true but neither are England and haven't been for a long time :laugh:

They have some seriously good players (especially Gerrard ) but completely mismanaged by Sven and McClaren and as a team a total failure.

I've said this on another forum, how I can enjoy Euro 2008 without all the baggage and tubthumping that goes with England, it always annoys me during championships England are priority No1, e;g Germany v Holland yet all the build up is about England, exclusive interview with David Beckarderry-Cole.
And another thing, what's all the talk about a Home Internationals tournament next summer? Sorry, no, there's a tournament taking place, it's Euro 2008. I don't want ITV and BBC covering some poxy Home tournament instead of Euro 2008, the arrogance!!!

alfa155btcc
23rd November 2007, 14:54
Hi Guys,

Joined this thread late, but just wanted to say well done to Croatia on there battling display against England, I live in the UK and always find it hard to believe why you guys always think you are better than what you really are. The now gone McLaren should never have been made manager, and as for the players very sub standard for some of the so called most talented palyers in world. You all thought England were going through after having an almighty hand from Israel who would of thought that, how lucky can you be ?

On the night though the team played with no shape, disire or passion, i think our sunday morning team would of given Croatia a harder game. I am an Italian and can only respect what Scotland have done, would of loved to have seen them and us in Euro 2008, lets be honest England were favourites to Qualify and they could only finish second.

I will enjoy my summer in 2008 because England are`nt there and without the most biast comentry and coverage that BBC and ITV would have showed i can relax and watch my Italy what ever they do we got further than England, and ooh i forgot we are still World Champions for the 4th time only one behind Brazil,

FORZA ITALIA
:s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

SEATFreak
23rd November 2007, 16:11
I live in the UK and always find it hard to believe why you guys always think you are better than what you really are.

FA Chairman Geoff Thompson said at the Press Conference the other day "We have no divine right to play in tournaments. But it is quite right qualification is expected."

I don't think England fans weren't angry and upset at losing because they rekon England is better than what they are and that they think their good enough to play in every tournament, but I DO think their angry and upset at not being good enough to even qualify.

Even to someone who isn't die-in-the-wool England, that was a display I found hard to stomach.

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd November 2007, 16:33
In an interview on Sky Sports the Croatia manager Slaven Bilić said he felt sorry for McClaren as he has struggled with injuries to the best players throughout the campaign. He said winning at Wembley was his best achievement as a manager but not the same as beating an England team with Rooney, Owen, Terry and Rio.

MrJan
23rd November 2007, 19:02
I don't want ITV and BBC covering some poxy Home tournament instead of Euro 2008, the arrogance!!!

BBC and ITV shows what will bring in viewing figures not what you want. I don't think it's personal just financial :D

raikk
25th November 2007, 08:45
wow all the teams I cheer for have a tendancy to lose and suck... amazing...

pino
25th November 2007, 13:19
Seedings for European draw:

Pot 1
Italy, Spain, Germany, Czech Republic, France, Portugal, Netherlands, Croatia, Greece.

Pot 2
England, Romania, Scotland, Turkey, Bulgaria, Russia, Poland, Sweden, Israel.

Pot 3
Norway, Ukraine, Serbia, Denmark, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Finland, Switzerland, Belgium.

Pot 4
Slovakia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Hungary, Moldova, Wales, FYR Macedonia, Belarus, Lithuania, Cyprus.

Pot 5
Georgia, Albania, Slovenia, Latvia, Iceland, Armenia, Austria, Kazakhastan, Azerbaijan.

Pot 6
Liechenstein, Estonia, Malta, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Andorra, Faroe Islands, San Marino.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7108163.stm

Lousada
25th November 2007, 19:09
Final Groups:

Group 1
Portugal
Sweden
Denmark
Hungary
Albania
Malta

Group 2
Greece
Israel
Switzerland
Moldova
Latvia
Luxembourg

Group 3
Czech Republic
Poland
Northern Ireland
Slovakia
Slovenia
San Marino

Group 4
Germany
Russia
Finland
Wales
Azerbaijan
Liechtenstein

Group 5
Spain
Turkey
Belgium
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Armenia
Estonia

Group 6
Croatia
England
Ukraine
Belarus
Kazakhstan
Andorra

Group 7
France
Romania
Serbia
Lithuania
Austria
Faroe Islands

Group 8
Italy
Bulgaria
Ireland Republic
Cyprus
Georgia
Montenegro

Group 9
Netherlands
Scotland
Norway
Macedonia FYR
Iceland

Group winners will qualify, the 8 best numbers 2 go to the playoffs.

Lousada
25th November 2007, 19:12
Final groups in Asia:

Group 1
Australia
China PR
Iraq
Qatar

Group 2
Japan
Bahrain
Oman
Thailand

Group 3
Korea Republic
Korea DPR
Jordan
Turkmenistan

Group 4
Saudi Arabia
Uzbekistan
Lebanon
Singapore

Group 5
Iran
Kuwait
United Arab Emirates
Syria

Here the winners and second place of every group advance to the next stage. In this next stage they have 2 groups of five, of which the best two of each group qualify for the World cup, the two numbers three have a playoff to determine who plays the Oceania winner for the final ticket.

Lousada
25th November 2007, 19:18
So we will see Croatia vs. England again :p The Ukraine is always a hard bargain and Belarus and Kazachstan have proven to be tricky.
Italy has a very easy group, perhaps Ireland could snatch second place.
The poule with Portugal and Sweden is probably the most evenly matched, although the one with The Netherlands and Scotland is interesting too.
Group number 2 seems the easiest poule. Perhaps Israel will make it to the world cup :eek:

On the other continent, Australia will have a very difficult task. Iraq are Asia Cup winners and China is hard by default. Plus North vs South Korea, wonder how that will go.

ozrevhead
25th November 2007, 22:07
We have a tough draw - made worse because some of our 'stars' have said they dont want to make the trip because of their tough schedual and long travel time

Ive been taught that playing for you contry is a privlage not a right

Korea Republic Vs Korea DPR
Now thats what I call a derby!!!

raikk
25th November 2007, 22:53
Ok I'm a littlebit confused here.. I'm sorta a new football fan.. so does this mean England can still make it to the Euro Cup 08?

Rollo
25th November 2007, 23:35
Not in the slightest.

These are the groups for qualification for the World Cup in South Africa in 2010.
I could do with a trip to South Africa me thinks.

stevie_gerrard
25th November 2007, 23:54
And another thing, what's all the talk about a Home Internationals tournament next summer? Sorry, no, there's a tournament taking place, it's Euro 2008. I don't want ITV and BBC covering some poxy Home tournament instead of Euro 2008, the arrogance!!!

BBC and ITV have rights to show the tournament, and agreed that the tournament would be shown no matter whether any home nations would be present.

The World Cup draw threw up a few tasty games, Korean derby will be well worth watching :p : England vs Croatia, Holland vs Scotland, NI have a realistic chance to make it, Australia with Iraq and qatar and China, which is a tasty group. Qualifying will be interesting this time around :D

WBA 0-0 Wolves

A terrific performance from the lads, Hennessey was outstanding, making crucial saves as well as the penalty save, and wolves possibly deserved to win, had their own chances as well. :)

ozrevhead
26th November 2007, 00:30
im glad u think its tasty

We might still be looking for a coach by then (thanks alot Dick!) and some of our stars (mainly the english based primadonnas) wont take part in the early stages

SEATFreak
26th November 2007, 08:37
Group 9
Netherlands
Scotland
Norway
Macedonia FYR
Iceland

Not such a bad group for my favourite team.

Qualification should be no problem.

Storm
26th November 2007, 14:13
Greece have a very good chance of qualifying this time round..
C'mon Ellas ! :p :

The Portugal , Sweden and Denmark group looks a bit tougher than most.

GridGirl
26th November 2007, 20:19
Wolves didn't deserve to win. The only chances they had were on the break, no build up play what so ever. Better performance than other's this year though. :)

Storm
27th November 2007, 00:17
And yes, England did beat Trinidad and Tobago 2-0

and yes I was wrong about the score....but hopefully you got the meaning of my post...that 2-0 was one of the scrappiest, most boring game ever played by a supposedly strong/favourite team in any tournament. Like most of their other matches in general.

I hope Mourinho doesn't take that job...what is he going to talk about for 3 years? Capello? yeah...great he will make their game even more boring :p :

pino
27th November 2007, 06:53
Capello? yeah...great he will make their game even more boring :p :

Maybe boring but at least they will win somenthing ;)

stevie_gerrard
27th November 2007, 23:26
Not that i believe The Sun that much, but there is a rumour that jose has asked the FA to approach him for the England job. Now, assuming this is true, which it probably isnt, but if it was, just how good a national coach will he be? could he bring chelseas good record with him? coul he get the best out of the likes of wright phillips and lampard?

I know that The Sun isn't the greatest resource :p : but the BBC sport website sees it as significant enough to report it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7116283.stm

Also, GridGirl, in the end, both sides deswerved to win, both sides played some decent football, one of the better derby draws :)

Rollo
27th November 2007, 23:38
There is more to the rumour than just in the pages of the Sun. It made the sporting pages of the Sydney Morning Herald even and we're on the other side of the world.

I personally wouldn't put it past Mourinho to apply foe the England job, get paid and then quit before England actually play a single match. I think he's slimy enough to try such a ploy.

Storm
28th November 2007, 20:31
It's not like he needs the money....he could get to coach any team or club he wants if he waits a bit.
Of course he might want a challenge and renew his fight with some Premiership managers by being the national coach :p :

stevie_gerrard
30th November 2007, 22:56
So the champions league brought some interesting final day clashes to the forefront.

Liverpool beat Porto but Besitkas beat Marseille, which means all 4 sides could still qualify. Liverpool go to Marseille hoping to pull off the great escape, though it wont be too easy. I can remember some difficult gamnes for english sides playing away in france.

Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd all through to Last 16, though Arsenal lost heavily in midweek. Celtic can go through with a draw away in milan, which cud very well happen knowing milan this season. Rangers will also qualify with a draw at home to Lyon, which i can see them getting, so overall, looking good for english sides.

pino
1st December 2007, 11:36
Kaká (Brazil and Milan) won the 2007 Golden Bold and will probably also win the 2008 FIFA player of the year :up: Tomorrow is the day of Euro 2008 final draw, can't wait to see who plays who :D

Storm
1st December 2007, 15:12
The Golden Bold again? lots of those being won these days...wonder what happened to the golden ball :p :

pino
1st December 2007, 15:15
The Golden Bold again? lots of those being won these days...wonder what happened to the golden ball :p :

Don't forget that danish is my 2nd language ;)

pino
2nd December 2007, 12:36
Group A:
Switzerland
Czech Republic
Portugal
Turkey

Group B:
Austria
Croatia
Germany
Poland

Group C :eek: :eek: :eek:
Holland
Italy
Romania
France

Group D:
Greece
Sweden
Spain
Russia

SEATFreak
2nd December 2007, 12:58
Group C :eek: :eek: :eek:
Holland
Italy
Romania
France

HELLLPPPP! :eek:

Romania should be no problem but out of the game against Italy and France I find it hard to find a positive result.

They (Holland) for me just don't have the same impact as a side as they did in the days of Gullit and Cruyff. They have decent players in players like Kuyt but their not the world beaters of the 1970's and 1980's.

Josti
2nd December 2007, 16:49

Romania should be no problem but out of the game against Italy and France I find it hard to find a positive result.

They (Holland) for me just don't have the same impact as a side as they did in the days of Gullit and Cruyff. They have decent players in players like Kuyt but their not the world beaters of the 1970's and 1980's.

They where at the same level at the World Cup '98 and Euro '00 if you ask me.

Very hard draw this time. I don't see a positive ending for the Dutch squad.

gadjo_dilo
3rd December 2007, 14:02

Even Romania should be a problem after the results in qualifications. :laugh:
You seem to forget you've lost in Bucharest and finished the group behind us..

Storm
3rd December 2007, 14:04
Great draw !!

Holland is going to find it tough as is Italy as they are a bit of nervous starters in big tournaments...not that France are that fluid since 2002 world cup :p :
Poor Romania...bad luck to be in this pool, I liked that team with Hagi, haven't seen the current one though.

pino
5th December 2007, 07:35
Milan -Celtic 1-0 Fantastic goal by Pippo Inzaghi who's now the player with most goal (63) in European Competitions, an amazing and deserved record for him :up: Wish stupid Donadoni would choose him for Italy insted of crap Gilardino :down:

Storm
5th December 2007, 17:44
Finally you agree that Gilardino is crap :p :

Eto'o comes back from injury this weekend :up:

pino
12th December 2007, 09:41
Congrats to Liverpool, that was an amazing performance :up:
Look forward to see Boca Junior to play Africa Champions in an hour, the winner will probably play Milan in Worl Cup final for Club :D

Capello will soon be announced as new coach for England :eek: :p :

jim mcglinchey
12th December 2007, 12:04
How despicable is it to go round to Stevie Gerards house while hes playing brilliantly against Marseilles and rob him blind. String 'em up, I say.