PDA

View Full Version : Clarkson on the Radio

Rollo
11th July 2007, 07:59
The episode of Top Gear where the lads were on BBC Southern Counties Radio aired on SBS on Monday night here in Oz, and it was hillarious to hear Jeremy's traffic reports "
Drive up the lane all the way up to the accident, you've paid for it - use it" and I note that there were several complaints to the BBC afterwards by little old ladies (mainly from Tunbridge Wells - and a Mrs Trellis of North Wales?).

What I want to know is, would you listen to Clarkson if he were on Radio 1 or 2 doing the drive slot in the afternoon?

AND

Where can I find a copy of this 3 hours of mayhem on BBC Southern Counties Radio? I've been through file sharing networks, through radio websites, wikipedia was of no help either. Somebody must know something!

Mark
11th July 2007, 08:13
What I want to know is, would you listen to Clarkson if he were on Radio 1 or 2 doing the drive slot in the afternoon?

Hard to say, probably not tbh. He's brilliant on cars, and history, but for off the cuff stuff? I dunno.

Brown, Jon Brow
11th July 2007, 10:15
I really want to listen to that full show radio show. :\

If Top Gear had their own radio show then I would be a regular listener, regardless whether he played his beloved 70's rock! Hammond seems like a competent radio presenter.

AndySpeed
11th July 2007, 11:28
I really want to listen to that full show radio show. :\

If Top Gear had their own radio show then I would be a regular listener, regardless whether he played his beloved 70's rock! Hammond seems like a competent radio presenter.

They don't have the skills for radio. They'd probably descend into talking over each other/arguing and repeating things. It would probably get a bit tired after only one day.

martinbalmer
11th July 2007, 13:36
Hammond seems like a competent radio presenter.

I thought that is what he use to do at some point in the past. I may be wrong.

Dave B
11th July 2007, 14:21
Richard Hammond was a local radio presenter, and occasionally still fills in on Radio 2.

Hazell B
11th July 2007, 21:40
He started on BBC Radio York I think.
Wasn't bad, wasn't brilliant - in fact whilst I know I heard him I cannot remember anything of his shows at all :s

He'd have been better on a non-BBC station with more freedom.

Dave B
12th July 2007, 10:04
Sadly, most non-BBC stations nowadays are carbon copies of each other, with playlists set in stone and phrases which must be repeated over and over and over. The best music of the 80's, 90's and today. The best music variety. In other words, the same eight songs all bloody day. :(

Daniel
12th July 2007, 10:33
Richard Hammond was a local radio presenter, and occasionally still fills in on Radio 2.
He does bank holiday afternoons usually :)

Iain
12th July 2007, 12:09
Sadly, most non-BBC stations nowadays are carbon copies of each other, with playlists set in stone and phrases which must be repeated over and over and over. The best music of the 80's, 90's and today. The best music variety. In other words, the same eight songs all bloody day. :(

Tell me about it. It's crept into radio up here with them being taken over by the big groups. They're coming up with other ideas as well, now on the only non-BBC station I did listen to (XFM), they've dropped the weekday DJs between 10am and 4pm and replaced them with pre-recorded voices and phonecalls from listeners asking for tunes. :s

Drew
12th July 2007, 13:38
I think he'd have alot to live up to on a radio show everyday. I'd probably put it on if I was in the car, to see what it'd be like :)