PDA

View Full Version : to all that said DEI was dead after Jr. left

harvick#1
10th July 2007, 02:36
http://www.thatsracin.com/242/story/5407.html

enough said :s mokin:

MD24
10th July 2007, 03:28
Things are looking up for DEI in 2008, but my money will be on ...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/5242548/jr.jpg

muggle not
10th July 2007, 03:35
What has changed. At this point DEI has 1 team that appears locked in, that of Truex with Bass Pro as sponsor.

Menard is kinda non-comittal.

So far, no replacement or sponsor comittal for the loss of Jr.

If they buy Nemechek's team he may or may not be in the top 35 in points and he may not have a sponsor..........hardly a big time driver with big time sponsorship.

harvick#1
10th July 2007, 03:43
Hendricks biggest mistake MD

tstran17_88
10th July 2007, 18:49
Dead no...dying? Maybe. Tony Eury Sr. left DEI after 20 years and is working for Jr. Motorsports.

Mark in Oshawa
10th July 2007, 19:04
Harvick, how did Hendrick make a mistake? HE is getting rid of a whiney, suck driver, with talent, for the biggest marketing draw in the sport who is a very consistent driver for a limited team.

Meanwhile, DEI wants to buy the 13 from Ginn. There is no major sponsor coming over in the trade. You are likely to see Budweiser gone next year from DEI. So they now will have 4 Cars with only Bass Pro on the Truex 1 and Menards on the Menard car. With your logic, Theresa Earnhardt is a freaking genius because it is obvious you think people with big teams that MAKE money in racing must be stupid or something.....

Cindy_AL
10th July 2007, 20:08
Things are looking up for DEI in 2008, but my money will be on ...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/5242548/jr.jpg

VERY COOL PHOTO!!! :D :up:

jeffmr2
10th July 2007, 20:37
Excuse me for being slighly off the point of the thread but if budweiser follow jr to hendrick where does that leave kellogs and carquest?It would be a shame for these sponsers to leave nascar or will they go with Kyle?

Sparky1329
10th July 2007, 22:54
Until there's a press conference it's anybody's guess which sponsors will go where. The new rumor has Bud going to Evernham. Oh yeah. DEI is in great shape. :rolleyes:

harvick#1
10th July 2007, 22:59
rumor has it that Kasey Kahne is goin to DEI if Evernham and the Montreal Canadians owner join forces. thats the clause that gets Kasey out of contract if there is an owner change.

and whos the second biggest marketable guy in Nascar

ShadowCar
10th July 2007, 23:38
I laugh because all of a sudden Kyle has become the second coming to some people. I saw some moron on another board say he should be put in the 3 because he's the second Dale. :rolleyes: Let's watch how Kyle fares in less than top of the line equipment, which by the way he's ALWAYS had...and then we'll enshrine him in the hall of fame if he's still the same driver.

Time will tell with DEI. They'll be all hot and bothered trying to prove they're viable post Junior. Teresa will eventually lose interest again and it'll be back to normal. If things are so great, I don't see anyone beating down the door to get into the ride there. I'm glad Junior is out of there. And let's face it, Hendrick is a lot smarter than most and if he saw the value in having Junior over Kyle, then that's enough for me.

harvick#1
10th July 2007, 23:45
seems Truex has gotten better since jooyner went runnin

Hoss Ghoul
11th July 2007, 00:53
and whos the second biggest marketable guy in Nascar

Jeff Gordon.

Sparky1329
11th July 2007, 01:50
Kyle Busch is a spoiled brat punk. He's a heck of a wheelman but his attitude does him no favors.

http://www.frontstretch.com/tthompson/10217/

snippet:

"Kyle Busch has every reason to believe that he IS entitled. Because he has been! What he has been taught since at least age fifteen is that if he wants it he can have it. And even more distressing is that his lessons since at least his teenage years have included courses in, “rules don’t apply to Kyle Busch.”

The story is an old one, but warrants revisiting: As a 15-year-old it was discovered that Kyle, with his father’s assistance, had been deceiving track officials in and around Las Vegas, NV. concerning his correct age. At the time Kyle had been campaigning Kurt’s old NASCAR Grand American and I.M.C.A modifieds. Tom Busch, father to the Busch brothers, presented local NASCAR officials with what turned out to be a forged birth certificate when challenged as to his earlier claims that Kyle was 16-years-old, the minimum age requirement to compete in those sanctioning organizations.

When later interviewed by local reporters about the bogus document and asked for an explanation as to why he perpetrated the deceit, his answer was, “I guess I shouldn’t have said he was 16,” and then added, apparently with concern as to what others might think of his actions, “I don’t want to look like a felon who doctored up car titles. I just wanted Kyle to become a better (racecar) driver.” Apparently clueless as to the kind of poor example he had set for his son in respect to truthfulness and respect for rules.

And then, instead of acknowledging the wrongness of his actions, or offering an apology, he rationalized that, “By saying Kyle was 16 a year earlier than he was to get him some seat time makes me wish I had the money to (go to a track where he could) run a different division where age is not such an issue”, offered the elder Busch.

Tom Deery, a NASCAR vice president who oversaw the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series at the time commented on what the likely punishment meted out to Busch would be, “The first punishment would be to lose their ability to compete with a NASCAR license immediately.” And then Deery added, “(Beyond that) there’s nothing prescribed. A lot depends on the circumstances. I’d say the first issue we have to question the parent about is what they’re trying to teach a child when they change a birth certificate. I don’t know if that’s the best lesson you want your children to learn.”

ShadowCar
11th July 2007, 02:33

Yeah, why is THAT I wonder? All of a sudden DEI opens up the pocketbook. Hmmmm...suspicious to me. :eek:

I can't wait for Shrub and Havawreck to be on the same team. When asked about Shrub as a teammate, I believe Mr. H said, "NO!" He'll just LUV that. :s mokin:

blakebeatty
11th July 2007, 05:34
the prominent rumors still feature budweiser sponsoring Kahne at Evernham

dwboogityfan
11th July 2007, 12:03
DEI should buy the #13 team for sure next season so that they have the top 35 guarentee (if this silly rule still exists).
I actually think Jr leaving may help DEI. Truex Jr is clearly a capable team leader and the bad relationship between Teresa and Jr could only have been hurting the team.
As to who drives in 2008? I think Menard will stay alongside Truex Jr and in the third car could be someone like Joe Nemechek, David Reutimann or a long shot could be Kyle Busch. I don't think Kahne will leave Evernham to come to DEI. My choice would be Reutimann.

wedge
11th July 2007, 15:06

Yep, he's on roll.

I remember this time last year Jeff Burton was beginning a good run all the way to the Chase.

trumperZ06
11th July 2007, 16:05
:dozey: DEI has a tough road ahead... now they are grouping at straws...

attempting to show a positive spin on the LOSS of Jr. and his sponsors !!!

IMO... DEI is likely to dwindle down to a third or forth class team before exiting NA$CAR... maybe selling the operation to Childress.

Also remember... Teresa ain't no...

Mother Teresa....

or even a Robert Yates, who has his own troubles !!!

blakebeatty
11th July 2007, 16:39
Don't forget, the Budweiser gravy train is still rolling. That is one of the top five sponsors money wise in the sport

Sparky1329
11th July 2007, 17:34
Don't forget, the Budweiser gravy train is still rolling. That is one of the top five sponsors money wise in the sport

While that is true nobody out here in Fan World knows the details of that Bud sponsorship of the #8 team. There very well may be a contractual contingency that includes Jr's remaining in the DEI organization which he won't be next season. DEI might be hunky dory with Bud as long as Jr is there but not so much with him gone.

blakebeatty
11th July 2007, 18:06
This is what I meant... that for now, the Bud money is in place, but were it to change, DEI will be singing a different tune

Sparky1329
11th July 2007, 19:41
DEI has lost some pretty significant sponsors since 2001.

muggle not
11th July 2007, 19:58
Will Jr be driving this car.

http://i7.tinypic.com/68k0a3r.jpg

Sparky1329
11th July 2007, 20:54
That looks pretty good, muggles.

Cindy_AL
12th July 2007, 00:25
Thats a really cool looking car!!! :D :up:

MD24
12th July 2007, 00:31

Great photoshop

MD24
12th July 2007, 00:42
http://nnracing.com/userimages/20076725738.jpg

MD24
12th July 2007, 00:47
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/5242548/monster.jpg

harvick#1
12th July 2007, 01:01
I prefer Red Bull thank you :D

blakebeatty
12th July 2007, 02:13
I can't say I have ever tried an energy drink! I do however drink about 3 gallons of coffee per day...

harvick#1
12th July 2007, 03:13
they taste like liquid Sugar :facelick:

MD24
12th July 2007, 04:07
I prefer Red Bull thank you :D

This is the only energy drink you need

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/5242548/jeff_gordon_energy.jpg

MD24
12th July 2007, 04:08
I can't say I have ever tried an energy drink! I do however drink about 3 gallons of coffee per day...

Tim Hortons I hope :D

Sparky1329
12th July 2007, 04:57
I have a can of Monster Khaos in the fridge that I need to crack open. :D

blakebeatty
12th July 2007, 05:30
Tim Hortons I hope :D

Where else!

muggle not
13th July 2007, 16:29
Earnhardt won't drive Bud car in '08
ESPN.com news services

Now we know who won't have Budweiser as a primary sponsor in 2008.

Hendrick Motorsports announced Friday that Dale Earnhardt Jr. will not bring the "King of Beers" with him when he drives for the team next season. Hendrick did not say who will be Earnhardt's primary sponsor instead of Budweiser, which Earnhardt has driven for since he first entered NASCAR nearly a decade ago.

"We have agreements in place with sponsors for the 2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup season, which prevent us from having a relationship with Budweiser," team owner Rick Hendrick said in a news release. "Honoring our commitments is important to us. The trade-off is missing an opportunity to bring Budweiser, a marquee brand synonymous with NASCAR and its fans, into the fold."

ESPN.com previously reported that PepsiCo Inc., possibly with the Mountain Dew brand or a combination of Pepsi products, is expected to sponsor Earnhardt next season at Hendrick, while Anheuser-Busch is negotiating with Evernham Motorsports to possibly move the Bud sponsorship to Kasey Kahne's No. 9 Dodge next season.

Budweiser did not immediately announce which driver it will sponsor, but indicated that it would remain an active NASCAR sponsor. Terry Labonte, Darrell Waltrip, Bill Elliott, Ken Schrader, Ricky Craven and Wally Dallenbach have previously driven Budweiser-sponsored cars.

"To climb into that red Budweiser car each weekend has always been a privilege," Earnhardt said in the release. "Although Budweiser and I will be unable to continue our partnership beyond this season, I remain committed to driving for Bud the rest of this year, and will continue to make it my beer of choice."

Jonesi
14th July 2007, 22:57
This is the only energy drink you need

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/5242548/jeff_gordon_energy.jpg

Interesting, during the Busch race they showed a promo of Jimmy Johnson getting ready for the ESPYs award show. He was filmed holding a can of Red Bull, not his boss' energy drink. Jeff can't afford Jimmie's product placement fee???!!! :eek:

blakebeatty
15th July 2007, 06:11
Which is worse, the 24 energy drink, or the 8 energy chews?