PDA

View Full Version : Does Heidfeld have Back Problem??

mervyn charter
8th July 2007, 15:19
Can`t help feeling that Nick is not 100% fit as Kubica has looked much faster than him since returning from his horror accident. Heidfeld was looking a threat to the big two teams earlier in the season. Maybe he should have sat out Magny Cours and allowed his back to heal properly. He was probably reluctant to sit out a race because Vettel may be impressive and BMW`s 2008 line-up is far from settled. Memories are short in formula one so whatever the problem Heidfeld needs to up his game again.

jens
8th July 2007, 16:53
Good question. British Grand Prix was only one week after French GP. I think the Nurburgring race must give us an answer - he should be all right by then if he isn't at the moment.

ojciec dyrektor
8th July 2007, 21:43
Nick said he had problems with balance.

stevie_gerrard
9th July 2007, 00:05
I think you are all forgetting that Kubica is no mug and one of the brightest new talents alongside Lewis to take this sport further. He is a good driver, just like Lewis, and he's shown that since his big smash.

Valve Bounce
9th July 2007, 00:47
The two are Poles apart :p :

Ranger
9th July 2007, 01:10
I was thinking of that very question during the race - I hope that back problem is not permanent.

But if its simply a car problem then I'd have to hand it to Kubica - that guy has been super since his crash.

F1MAN2007
9th July 2007, 01:12
I think you are all forgetting that Kubica is no mug and one of the brightest new talents alongside Lewis to take this sport further. He is a good driver, just like Lewis, and he's shown that since his big smash.

If Kubica was in Mclaren or in Ferrari, I bet he would be doing very well really!! So far he is doing job well done with BMW.

leopard
9th July 2007, 04:16
If Kubica was in Mclaren or in Ferrari, I bet he would be doing very well really!! So far he is doing job well done with BMW.

My thought also, but considering the top two teams are now on their best drivers, and seems to stay for some seasons onward, we can really hope that BMW can deliver the faster car, like the era of JPM.

jens
9th July 2007, 09:25
Back problems or not, but I think Heidfeld drove a good race. He qualified 4 places behind Kubica (and made his first stop in the race just a few laps later) and lost a lot of time during the first stint, but at the end of the race he finished just a couple of seconds behind Robert. So the BMW team-mate battle is nicely heating up.

Valve Bounce
9th July 2007, 10:14
Back problems or not, but I think Heidfeld drove a good race. He qualified 4 places behind Kubica (and made his first stop in the race just a few laps later) and lost a lot of time during the first stint, but at the end of the race he finished just a couple of seconds behind Robert. So the BMW team-mate battle is nicely heating up.

That was Massa that finished behind Kubica - and his car is red. :p :

leopard
9th July 2007, 10:28
Kubica second pit took longer time and that's why they both get closer :)