PDA

View Full Version : Holy ****

harvick#1
8th July 2007, 04:30
and I thought the 500 was a photo finish.

WTG Jamie on finally getting that second win and to Kyle for taking it to his ex teammates :p

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 04:33
That, as a whole, was likely the best race I have ever seen. Unbelievable.

Jonesi
8th July 2007, 04:35
If you wonder why they were showing #13 as the winner, for a while the T&S system had Joe doing a 35.167 second lap for a speed of 255.922mph. Ahh the wonders of modern electronics! :-)

dont_be_jack
8th July 2007, 04:36
Great race. Definitely overshadowed the 500 and gave the car a great farewell in it's final race at Daytona. Even better that the drivers kept it together for the most part, especially at the end, and gave a great finish. And I give it up to Kasey Kahne for wrecking on the 3rd lap and coming back with a 9th place finish.

dont_be_jack
8th July 2007, 04:37
If you wonder why they were showing #13 as the winner, for a while the T&S system had Joe doing a 35.167 second lap for a speed of 255.922mph. Ahh the wonders of modern electronics! :-)

Almost looked like he crossed the line twice with that final spin...maybe that's what happened.

call_me_andrew
8th July 2007, 04:38
Holy ****

My thoughts exactly.

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 04:41
0.005 seconds

harvick#1
8th July 2007, 04:43
I thought it was gonna be a close time.

I raced a guy in Forza 2 and won by .002 seconds

I thought the time was at least .002 -.003 seconds

SOD
8th July 2007, 04:45
That was a great finish.

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 04:47
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/HP_Administrator/Desktop/Close%20Finish.bmp

djarumdudley
8th July 2007, 04:48
what a finish!! this was one of the finest races i've witnessed in a LONG time. by far the best plate race i've ever seen. lots of edge of the seat pit strategy, handling issues, quality green flag action, no silly cautions or big pile-ups, great stories and a deserving winner. can't ask for much more than that.

additionally the tnt coverage wasn't the horror i expected. this format was great without the significant commercial breaks. just hit the mute button when the "sponsored content" comes up.

muggle not
8th July 2007, 04:49
Good to see jamie win the race. I will rate it a 9.5 out of 10. Would have rated it a 9 but Montoya helped to up the rating. :D

dont_be_jack
8th July 2007, 04:51
Closest finish ever in NASCAR: Ricky Craven over Kurt Busch at Darlington. 0.002 seconds.
Tied for 2nd: Jamie McMurray over Kyle Busch at Daytona. 0.005 seconds.

That's a neat coincidence that both brothers now are 1 and 2 in closest finishes, both on the losing end.

dont_be_jack
8th July 2007, 04:53
what a finish!! this was one of the finest races i've witnessed in a LONG time. by far the best plate race i've ever seen. lots of edge of the seat pit strategy, handling issues, quality green flag action, no silly cautions or big pile-ups, great stories and a deserving winner. can't ask for much more than that.

additionally the tnt coverage wasn't the horror i expected. this format was great without the significant commercial breaks. just hit the mute button when the "sponsored content" comes up.

It still could've been better. I would've liked it if the race feed was scaled down so that the edges of the feed were cut off on my standard def TV, especially during pit stops when they have the three individual cameras. But overall, it wasn't bad. I would've liked to not have had the local cable outlet breaks, but it went pretty good.

call_me_andrew
8th July 2007, 04:54
I didn't think the race was that good until the end. There were a lot of yellows early and late, the only two good parts were that long green flag run and the last 5 laps.

harvick#1
whats even stranger,

07/07/07 bowyer in the 07 was in pit 7 and finished 7th :eek: you can't make that up

blakebeatty
And a DNF for Tony!!! Great!!! Congrats to Kahne, Boyer, Mears/Busch/Johnson/Gordon. This year has been some of the best NASCAR I have seen.

djarumdudley
8th July 2007, 05:03
whats even stranger,

07/07/07 bowyer in the 07 was in pit 7 and finished 7th :eek: you can't make that up

and here i thought the numbers had lined up for a Bowyer victory tonight. at least it appeared that way for a long while.

harvick#1
8th July 2007, 05:05
they were lined up before that one caution

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 05:08
That would have been crazy to see four first time winners in one season!

djarumdudley
8th July 2007, 05:11
And a DNF for Tony!!! Great!!! Congrats to Kahne, Boyer, Mears/Busch/Johnson/Gordon. This year has been some of the best NASCAR I have seen.

think we've officially seen it all out of Tony Stewart. what doesn't anger him? it's TEN laps into a race, runs up on a teammate and instead of easing off, wrecks him. then increduosly blames Hamlin! amazing. ten laps into the race it's mind boggling that Stewart wasn't more giving.

harvick#1
8th July 2007, 05:11
Good to see jamie win the race. I will rate it a 9.5 out of 10. Would have rated it a 9 but Montoya helped to up the rating. :D

I give it a 10 out of 10 espcially since Kyle didn't play the follow team orders crap and tried to show up his teammates by pushing Bowyer for the win instead of having the 4 freight train around Bowyer.

I think theres a spot on RCR's 4th team for Busch. hes slowly maturing and his driving ability is growing now by not taking too many stupid moves

djarumdudley
8th July 2007, 05:12
they were lined up before that one caution

all night really. Bowyer appeared to have the best car. two tire changes and no one could get around him.

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 05:17
As Beau said on the post race show, Tony's comments shows the prevalence of the pecking order at Gibbs...

djarumdudley
8th July 2007, 05:18
I give it a 10 out of 10 espcially since Kyle didn't play the follow team orders crap and tried to show up his teammates by pushing Bowyer for the win instead of having the 4 freight train around Bowyer.

I think theres a spot on RCR's 4th team for Busch. hes slowly maturing and his driving ability is growing now by not taking too many stupid moves

seems like Busch is through with Hendrick and is putting on a full on audition. RCR would be a great spot for him. seems like he's found the fine line of not overextending his talent.

dont_be_jack
8th July 2007, 05:19

It makes you wonder whether or not Kyle has already made his choice where he wants to go. It's possible he was showing RCR that he can work well with the other drivers.

The best thing about Kyle, though, is that he is competitive in whatever condition the car is. His car tonight was terribly loose - it seemed like every lap he had to save it - and he still drove it to a damn near win. Give him four wheels and he's happy.

call_me_andrew
8th July 2007, 05:21
What is everyone blaming Tony for? It's Hamlins fault for letting off the gas early in a race at a plate track. He should know better than that.

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 05:24
What are you talking about??? Hamlin drives the car as he drives the car. If he let off, there was a reason. It is not his perrogative to assume the drivers behind him were paying attention. He had EVERY RIGHT to brake if he needed to. If Tony is going to make an issue of this, then put brake lights on the car.

Tony would blame a brick wall if he hit it

harvick#1
8th July 2007, 05:27
It makes you wonder whether or not Kyle has already made his choice where he wants to go. It's possible he was showing RCR that he can work well with the other drivers.

The best thing about Kyle, though, is that he is competitive in whatever condition the car is. His car tonight was terribly loose - it seemed like every lap he had to save it - and he still drove it to a damn near win. Give him four wheels and he's happy.

He did that all night long, he would not follow any Hendrick car. he I'm guessing is sick of them and trying to show them up.

but if he can become a team player at RCR, then they will be very dangerous espcially on plate tracks.

Harvick was a loose cannon but RC set him straight, so I think he can do the same for Busch, but it looks like since his release, he's matured alot

SmokeFan20
8th July 2007, 06:08
He had EVERY RIGHT to brake if he needed to.

Have you ever seen a RP race before blakebeatty?
You don't brake at Daytona or Talladega with cars behind you.
The cars have no throttle response and race in tight packs.
Braking usually = big wreck.

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 06:17
I am as savvy as anyone you will talk to on the subject. Hamlin and stewart were not in a tight pack. Hamlin was tight, and Tony recognized it. He admitted such, that he saw it on track. He said they were gaining on Hamlin out of the turns. He should have anticipated this.

Should Hamlin have held the throttle all the way to the wall?

I appreciate your opinion, but you are clearly not objective.

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 06:41
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/racing/auto/img10249516.jpg

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 06:41
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/racing/auto/img10249318.jpg

call_me_andrew
8th July 2007, 07:28
Should Hamlin have held the throttle all the way to the wall?

Not ALL the way to the wall, just until he opens up a lane or two.

Speedworx
8th July 2007, 11:21
Great finish for the last race at Daytona with the current cars. Glad Jamie beat Kyle :)

dwboogityfan
8th July 2007, 12:06
Best plate race for a long time. I'll give it 9/10 - would have been higher if Sterling hadn't blown a tire when having such a great top 15 run.
Was glad for McMurray though - he drove like a man possessed and deserved the win. Kyle Busch was right about his team-mates though - they didn't give him any help at the end.

F1boat
8th July 2007, 12:31
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/racing/auto/img10249318.jpg

Beautiful...

harvick#1
8th July 2007, 14:30
I prefer that picture over last night :D

but that run to the win with Jamie and Kyle was amazing.

as for the whole plate thing without braking.

then why was through that long run that no one was drafting each other, oh thats right they all had to let off the gas. Tony could've easily took the high side to pass Hamlin but choose to run right threw him, then takin all the blame on Hamlin. in the July Daytona race, it is so slick out there and all the drivers showed it tonight and they all were letting off the gas just to get into the corners

muggle not
8th July 2007, 14:48
He did that all night long, he would not follow any Hendrick car. he I'm guessing is sick of them and trying to show them up.

but if he can become a team player at RCR, then they will be very dangerous espcially on plate tracks.

Harvick was a loose cannon but RC set him straight, so I think he can do the same for Busch, but it looks like since his release, he's matured alot
Shrub is going with DEI. They only have to work out a few details.

harvick#1
8th July 2007, 16:35
DEI-RCR its all the same now, they are combining forces

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 16:40
haha. how much of the DEI-RCR Engine Package do you think was contributed by DEI?

harvick#1
8th July 2007, 16:48
not much prolly.

but I think Hendrick mad a very bad decision in getting rid of possibly the guy with teh best car control for a guy whos only popular cause of his name.

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 16:57
Towards the end of the race, when Kyle was in top in about third or fourth line, and jumped ahead of edwards on the bottom to get pushed into the lead, that was one of the greatest moves I have ever seen.

I too would take Kyle over Jr.

Galveston dunes
8th July 2007, 17:34
If theres any possible way to stick your head up your but and come out smelling like a rose Kyle found it. I don't believe I'm saying this however congrats to Kyle and his crew.

The finish was great. I've seen others as close and as exciting but still in my mind this was one to remember.

As for the whinners [you know who you are-Tony]-all I can add is please just shut up and try to drive the car.

IMO great race,and the coverage even with Hammond endorsing stuff wasn't bad either.

SOD
8th July 2007, 18:46
I
IMO great race,and the coverage even with Hammond endorsing stuff wasn't bad either.

they should get paul Harvey to call the races