PDA

View Full Version : Nextel out Sprint in?

colinspooky
6th July 2007, 23:50
Is this so? :dozey:

Or are these the same company deep down?

Jonesi
6th July 2007, 23:54
Same company soon, Nextel was bought/merged with Sprint. Official announcement should be tomorrow.

harvick#1
7th July 2007, 01:51
Nextel doens't exist, its only around because of Nascar. this is the same with Cingulare.

Sprint bought them out, once, Sprint is the official title to Nascar, you won't find really any of the Nextel stores.

PA Rick
7th July 2007, 04:10
Same company soon, Nextel was bought/merged with Sprint. Official announcement should be tomorrow.
I think Sprint and Nextrel both exist but are the same company with two different systems. I have a Sprint cellphone and a Nextel Blackberry and they have different coverage patterns indicating different systems. Of course there is so much variation in both to be almost random.

dont_be_jack
7th July 2007, 17:27
Sprint bought Nextel. They both operated on slightly different networks - Sprint on CDMA/PCS and Nextel on iDen, which is close to CDMA. The merger was supposed to combine the two companies and use just one network, but that never happened. Apparently the phase out of iDen is to occur soon and the PCS network will remain as the only network. All this is because Sprint didn't totally eliminate the Nextel name like they should've.

pdalbey
7th July 2007, 19:23
How again is Nextel changing to Sprint different from Cingular changing to AT&T? :confused:

gm99
7th July 2007, 19:29
Are they really going to call it the "Sprint Cup" from now on? With NASCAR races everything but a sprint, I would feel this to be rather ill-fitting...

call_me_andrew
7th July 2007, 23:41
Are they really going to call it the "Sprint Cup" from now on? With NASCAR races everything but a sprint, I would feel this to be rather ill-fitting...

This gives me an idea. Maybe instead of "The Chase for the Cup", we'll have "The Sprint for the Cup".

I just died a little inside.

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 00:19
http://www.jayski.com/pics/sprint350.jpg

dont_be_jack
8th July 2007, 01:22
Not a bad looking logo. At least it's keeping the same colors. Should save on the cost of repainting the big white elephant.

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 02:48
Oh I would think that the rebranding effot will cost a lot. I don't know about other tracks, but Lowe's Motor Speedway has NEXTEL cup banners, signage, and bill boards everywhere