PDA

View Full Version : Duval confirms: Skoda programme finished

jacko
6th July 2007, 16:35
A statement posted on his personal website, http://www.fduval.com, gave no explanation for why the programme with Skoda has been abandoned, although it did add that he is still in talks to try and do the Rallye Deutschland in mid-August and possibly two events with Suzuki.

Let's hope he will find a good car to compete with the best!

jonas_mcrae
6th July 2007, 17:20
so its almost inminent Duval will be with Suzuki at least for 2007.
I think the other driver is going to be Andersson because of him dirving finland in a N4 instead of the swift
"The Swede will not be seen in his usual Suzuki Swift S1600 as the Japanese manufacturer originally decided to use the Finnish round for the debut of its SX4 World Rally Car."

http://www.wrc.com/page/JWRCBreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~1064804,00.html

Patwrc
6th July 2007, 18:24
Indeed, I would love to see Duval driving a Suzuki rather than driving a sluggish Fabia.

ste898
6th July 2007, 21:53
I cannot understand Suzuki going for Duval he is a very overrated driver....suppose he will be cheap though (he will prob drive for free)

Josti
6th July 2007, 22:36
I cannot understand Suzuki going for Duval he is a very overrated driver....suppose he will be cheap though (he will prob drive for free)

Well, for asphalt, he's quite good. I would prefer a driver like Gardemeister for gravel though.

StevieWonder
7th July 2007, 03:44
what about the second cockpit of OMV Kronos instead Carlsson ???

would be good to see Francois in a Xsara again - and maybe he can afford the necessary money from his sponsorships.

alleskids
7th July 2007, 17:36
The problem is that there is no sponsor money, for the second year in a row. Last year their was not much energie from energie drink Kizz me, and now the Pyramide money has never been seen.

Mihai
7th July 2007, 19:13
what about the second cockpit of OMV Kronos instead Carlsson ???

The Kronos guys are not happy with running a single car for Stohl and are reportedly looking for a driver to fill in. A Romanian driver told me that he was offered the second Xsara seat for 200 thousand euros per round.

Motorsportfun
7th July 2007, 19:28
As reported on Racingworld.it, Duval have to pay the 10% of the budget to be at the start of 2007 ADAC Rally Deutschland with Kronos. The money was found by the team!

A.F.F.
8th July 2007, 22:08
I don't think Duval is an overrated driver except in his own head. I think he would easily fight for fourth in every gravel rally given the right machinery.

kakus
9th July 2007, 12:01
Official:

Duval with Kronos on Xsara for Germany

In French :

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/moteurs/article/177369/duval-retour-en-xsara-avec-kronos.html

White Sauron
9th July 2007, 12:33
Official:

Duval with Kronos on Xsara for Germany

In French :

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/moteurs/article/177369/duval-retour-en-xsara-avec-kronos.html

Sounds not good for the Ford)

teufel
9th July 2007, 12:41
Maybe it will be the first time for Kronos this year to have not a downgraded car? ;)

J.Lindstroem
9th July 2007, 13:12
Sounds not good for the Ford)

They should not be worried. They've got Al Quassimi you know... ;)

Ranger
9th July 2007, 13:45
I don't think Duval is an overrated driver

Having thought about this, he is still young and has one more win than any other team-mate of Loeb's since 2004. He's not too bad indeed.

User
9th July 2007, 13:58
Finally he got rid of that slowish Fabia.
I wonder what the pace of the Kronos Citroën will be in his hands.

A.F.F.
9th July 2007, 14:09
Finally he got rid of that slowish Fabia.
I wonder what the pace of the Kronos Citroën will be in his hands.

Dangerous to the mortals like Sordo and co.

User
9th July 2007, 14:27
According to pitstop.tv Duval will also do Corsica, Spain and Ireland. (in the Kronos Xsara).

Le NaRcX
9th July 2007, 16:26
According to pitstop.tv Duval will also do Corsica, Spain and Ireland. (in the Kronos Xsara).

Only tarmac... Could be an idea of Citroen to clear points to Gronholm?

Priorat
9th July 2007, 16:45
Only tarmac... Could be an idea of Citroen to clear points to Gronholm?

Well, if that is the idea,he will need a better unit than that used for Carlsson and Stohl

Addicted
9th July 2007, 18:32
Nice to get Duval back in action with more competitive car than that Fabia was. Hirvonen and Sordo are getting strong challenger for podium fights.

Woodeye
9th July 2007, 20:51
Nice to get Duval back in action with more competitive car than that Fabia was. Hirvonen and Sordo are getting strong challenger for podium fights.

More competitive than Fabia? Well, Kopecky has been faster with Fabia than Stohl on some occations this year, so dunno about that.

DonJippo
9th July 2007, 21:43

So no Suzuki deal for Duval then...

A.F.F.
9th July 2007, 23:15
More competitive than Fabia? Well, Kopecky has been faster with Fabia than Stohl on some occations this year, so dunno about that.

Well, you know that old saying, don't you Woodeye? Minkä autossa häviää, sen hanskalla tasottaa ;)

Maui J.
10th July 2007, 00:56
Well, you know that old saying... Minkä autossa häviää, sen hanskalla tasottaa ;)

Can't say I'm too familiar with that saying?!

Anyway, I'm hoping Duval can get his career back on track with this Xsara deal. There's too many good drivers out there wasting away. Duval, Toni, Gigi to name a few.
Hopefully this second Kronos car makes it's way down here (NZ) as well.

klm-607
11th July 2007, 01:50
Can't say I'm too familiar with that saying?!

Anyway, I'm hoping Duval can get his career back on track with this Xsara deal. There's too many good drivers out there wasting away. Duval, Toni, Gigi to name a few.
Hopefully this second Kronos car makes it's way down here (NZ) as well.

I think Gigi would've been a much better choice for Kronos, but IF Duval can keep from wrecking out on the first day, I think he'll finish somewhere in the top 10. Agreed, there are WAY too many good drivers w/out race seats. Hope they're keeping up their "chops" in Regional/National rallies.

Anyone know what ol' Tarmac Ace Gilles Pannizzi is doing right now???

noel157
11th July 2007, 09:08
Anyone know what ol' Tarmac Ace Gilles Pannizzi is doing right now???

Last I heard developing the 207 S2000 for Peugeot Sport.

Donney
11th July 2007, 09:31
I'm not saying Duval is not a great tarmac driver but as far as I remember Sordo is also bloody fast on sealed surfaces, and assuming the C4 is more developed, or to put in other way the Xsara should not be as fast, I don't think Duval will be a real challenge for the podium.

Wim_Impreza
11th July 2007, 12:08
Probably Duval will be the driver with the most retirements ever in the WRC. I doubt if he can stay on the road.

teufel
11th July 2007, 12:28
I'm not saying Duval is not a great tarmac driver but as far as I remember Sordo is also bloody fast on sealed surfaces, and assuming the C4 is more developed, or to put in other way the Xsara should not be as fast, I don't think Duval will be a real challenge for the podium.

It would be really good for Ciroen if Duval could steal the 3rd place from Bosse on tarmac, so I think we'll see a radical change in Kronos' performance...

Donney
11th July 2007, 12:38
That's an interesting possibility.

User
11th July 2007, 13:01
Don't forget that Duval is (according to the rumours) sponsorerd by Citroën Sport themselves. So you could be right ;)

Roy
11th July 2007, 13:02
It would be really good for Ciroen if Duval could steal the 3rd place from Bosse on tarmac, so I think we'll see a radical change in Kronos' performance...

:laugh: :roll:

Roy
11th July 2007, 13:04
Probably Duval will be the driver with the most retirements ever in the WRC. I doubt if he can stay on the road.

Watch this... I dont know in %
http://www.juwra.com/stats_dnf.html

Wim_Impreza
11th July 2007, 13:08
Watch this... I dont know in %
http://www.juwra.com/stats_dnf.html

I know this excellent site, but thanks anyway.

cut the b.s.
12th July 2007, 00:25

If he has a proper spec Xsara he can do ok, beat Gronholm? I dont think so but 4th or 5th maybe on tar. If he gets the same spec Xsara as Stohl, Carlsson or worse still Galli, then he will be aiming for points and this will probaly be the end of his WRC career

PuddleJumper
13th July 2007, 16:34
http://www.crashpa.net/news.asp?news_id=151124

Dingardo
14th July 2007, 03:09
Would be nice to see him back in a decent-ish car.

Everyone on here seems to bag Duval as a driver, yet I still rate him highly. It seems people forget what exactly he did while he was in Ford and Citroen. Sure he is similar to a younger Colin McRae, however he is quick.

All I wonder now is if Citroen will give Kronos the parts needed to get Stohl and Duval near the top of the field on tarmac. Surely they would to try and stop Hirvonen scoring manufacturer points..

Fiorio
16th July 2007, 20:20
For duval fans:
François Duval in Rali Vinho Madeira - Fiat Punto S2000

http://www.ralismadeira.com/?p=1154

jonas_mcrae
16th July 2007, 20:49
hey duval in a S2000 sounds great!!

Josti
16th July 2007, 20:59
For duval fans:
François Duval in Rali Vinho Madeira - Fiat Punto S2000

http://www.ralismadeira.com/?p=1154

Interesting and unexpected. He really needs to do some miles, whatever the car is.

torsten
16th July 2007, 21:02
Where do they get this from :confused:
I can not believe this. Find nothing about it on any other site.
Even not on duval's website, so.... :rolleyes:

rus
17th July 2007, 15:05
Where do they get this from :confused:
I can not believe this. Find nothing about it on any other site.
Even not on duval's website, so.... :rolleyes:

Yes, it's quite surprising. Especially after the Kronos deal. Maybe they're confusing Duval and Loix?

Josti
17th July 2007, 16:42
Yes, it's quite surprising. Especially after the Kronos deal. Maybe they're confusing Duval and Loix?

No, both are competing the event with a Punto S2000.

HaCo
17th July 2007, 16:56
I can hardly believe it, but it would be great!!!

HaCo
18th July 2007, 10:12
So, it is not true, Duval will NOT start in Madeira.
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=306513&postcount=98

rus
20th July 2007, 08:16
For those who are interested, we already knew that Citroen Sport and OMV are supporting the Duval-car. The RACB (Royal Belgian Automobile Club) is the third party which gives the remaining 10% to complete the budget. This implies that the cars livery will contain the belgian flag. The Xsara will be shown for the first time at the 24h of Spa-Francorchamps during first weekend of august.

HaCo
20th July 2007, 15:34
I hope he will defend the Belgian flag and that we can be proud at the end of the event!!! :)