PDA

View Full Version : Why is Hendrick letting Kyle go?

Erki
2nd July 2007, 13:02
I wonder why is Hendrick letting Busch go? Just to get the two golden boys both into his team? I'm not a fan of Kyle but I think he's a very fast (and often reckless though) driver, he sure ain't slow! Or is RH tired of Kyle's spins and crashes?

blakebeatty
2nd July 2007, 15:54
It seems that Kyle's agent was accepting offers from other teams, while at the same time attempting to call Rick Hendrick's bluff, that Kyle had a lot on his plate, and was very willing to walk. Kyle claims that he was completely in the dark about other offers, and wanted to be no where but Hendrick, but the man representing him shut the Hendrick door. Hendrick needed a seat, Kyle('s agent) had better offers and wanted a release. Because of this, they mutually agreed to part ways.

dont_be_jack
2nd July 2007, 16:53
Yes, Kyle claims to have been in the dark about the negotiations that his agent was doing for him. That's why he fired his agent. But it is a good move for Kyle because he can go someplace where he can mature and become an even better driver and earn what he's worth. He's a great driver, but he needs to mature a bit emotionally. Remember, he's still young.

blakebeatty
2nd July 2007, 16:59
I would love to see him and Kurt at Penske on the same team. Latest rumor is to replace Yeley in the 18

tstran17_88
2nd July 2007, 18:37
Hendrick is dumping Kyle because HM won the Joon-yer lottery. It's as simple as that.

Erki
2nd July 2007, 20:13
I would love to see him and Kurt at Penske on the same team. Latest rumor is to replace Yeley in the 18

I thought 18 was going be Almirola's car. Or is JGR going to 4 cars?
Wasn't there also something about KB and DEJr swapping seats(and probably numbers) too?

dont_be_jack
2nd July 2007, 20:26
Hendrick is dumping Kyle because HM won the Joon-yer lottery. It's as simple as that.

The only reason why he did was because Kyle's agent killed any chance of him coming back.

blakebeatty
2nd July 2007, 20:47
I thought 18 was going be Almirola's car. Or is JGR going to 4 cars?
Wasn't there also something about KB and DEJr swapping seats(and probably numbers) too?

I dunno, the other big Kyle rumor is to the 10 Valvoline Dodge Charger.

I haven't heard much news from the DEI camp towards Busch lately.

Busch said that he has listened to every single team except Roush Racing.

I believe that Joe does want four cars.

harvick#1
3rd July 2007, 00:18

one more time

Jooynerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :

I think Kyle is one of the best drivers out there, Hendrick is making a huge mistake by letting him go, yeah hes got an attitude problem, but that can be fixed, hes only 21, still young and bashful, if he can get a mentor like a Jeff Burton, or another guy, then he can be dangerous.

wbcobrar
3rd July 2007, 01:51
Another rumor I heard on a local Sunday racing radio show ( Let's Talk Nascar ) has Kyle and brother Kurt starting there own team .

Sparky1329
3rd July 2007, 02:36
Another rumor I heard on a local Sunday racing radio show ( Let's Talk Nascar ) has Kyle and brother Kurt starting there own team .

They can call themselves Arrogant Jerks Racing. :D

blakebeatty
3rd July 2007, 04:21
Oooohhh that'd be bad. AJR would sink like a rock!

harvick#1
3rd July 2007, 11:48
I think they would still be better than Super Commercial Racing :D

Erki
3rd July 2007, 13:00
..................... then he can be dangerous.

He already is dangerous. :eek: Haven't seen him do stupid moves lately but at the start of the season he did some pretty dumb things... maybe he was still sleepy from the offseason hibernate. :)

Imagine what if Stewart becomes Busch's mentor. :eek:

tstran17_88
3rd July 2007, 18:52
Another rumor I heard on a local Sunday racing radio show ( Let's Talk Nascar ) has Kyle and brother Kurt starting there own team .Sometimes you need to take what Todd & Eddie say with a grain of salt. BTW, the LTN hour (can't use the word Nascar in the name) is a national show...just very few markets pick it up.

RacingViews
4th July 2007, 03:38
Kyle has plenty of talent, but he needs to get things figured out. I think his comments after winning the first COT race were the final nail. There is outspoken, and then there is Kyle ....

Sparky1329
4th July 2007, 03:58
Kyle has plenty of talent, but he needs to get things figured out. I think his comments after winning the first COT race were the final nail. There is outspoken, and then there is Kyle ....

I don't think having the guy in the Budwesier uniform finish the race because he threw a tantrum helped either. There is maturity and professionalism and then there is Kyle.

Mark in Oshawa
4th July 2007, 06:42
When he quit on his team, that was the death knell. They thrashed and put the car back together to get some more positions, and when they looked around, Kyle was on the way home. NOT a good move, especially when Jr. Got in the car and gained a few spots for the spoiled suck.

The Shrub has talent, but he may never get his head right to master it. His agent muddied the water yes, but I think for Rick, it was when the Shrub quit on his team. Nothing kills team morale faster than a driver giving up on his guys to get him back into the fray....