PDA

View Full Version : Hamlin wins New Hampshire

racingrivalsDOT
1st July 2007, 22:55
Close finish, gordon nearly spun him on the line!!!

Galveston dunes
2nd July 2007, 00:03
I know hes ben here before and hes the current rookie champion, but I still didn't think he could pull it off against Jeffie-poo and Martin. Good work Denny. I reckon I'll hear it from the other truck drivers out here tonight.

blakebeatty
2nd July 2007, 02:44
With Steve Letarte making the pit calls, that would have been Jeff Gordon's race.

harvick#1
2nd July 2007, 03:19
Latarte I'm sure was still in contact with the team at all times

muggle not
2nd July 2007, 03:46
Hamlin drove a good race and is looking more and more like he belongs in the top 10 driver category. Congrats to him on the win. Denny should also give a thanks to Truex or Gordon would have caught him early enough for the pass.

harvick#1
2nd July 2007, 04:05
was it me or did 3/4ths of the race was under commercial :s

BobbyC
2nd July 2007, 15:45
NASCAR will probably find a way to write rules banning phone communications with the suspended person who is allowed in the stands or in the RV area, but not in NASCAR-controlled areas.

blakebeatty
2nd July 2007, 16:03
was it me or did 3/4ths of the race was under commercial :s

According to jayski's commercial breakdown,

Total minutes: 192
Minutes of race broadcast: 130
Minutes of commercials: 62

So almost one third. I wonder how the commercial breakdown for NFL/MLB/NHL/NBA compares.

Either way, get ready for Wide Open Coverage at Daytona, Split screen, or no commercials, or something, I can't remember. Should be interesting

Galveston dunes
3rd July 2007, 02:05
I read in the usa today that some of the commmercials for TNT broardcasts will be with streamers, some will be included in the production of the race- like when they go to the cut away car they will also be holding or mentioing a subway sandwich, or even beter IMO only during cautions; like in the NHL playoffs.
As for the stats on the ratio between the race and advertising,IMO it sure seemed a lot more lopsided.Or did I just catch the 30% at the end of the race.Had to listen to sirrius radio until 37 laps to go.Really was the best part besides missing the catch fence incident in turn 3.