PDA

View Full Version : Steve Wallace

racingrivalsDOT
1st July 2007, 18:13
Genuine talent or living on his dads name? I think he is a liability to be honest. Discuss!!!

RaikkonenRules
1st July 2007, 18:15
He's made some boneheaded moves this year.

harvick#1
1st July 2007, 19:42
wreck wallace is a joke

Jonesi
1st July 2007, 19:51
He's still 19 and learning. It's not like his father was such a polished mature talent at that age, or even at 30 ;-)

harvick#1
1st July 2007, 20:46
but I don't think Rusty was involved in sometype of wreck in every single race he driven

Hoss Ghoul
1st July 2007, 22:25
You all would have enjoyed the quote in today's paper from Stephen...."The thing he doesn't understand is, when he was winning all those races, there weren't 43 cars that could win. There were like five." ---19 year old Steve Wallace, about his father and former NASCAR star, Rusty Wallace.

What an ass.

His father probably also understands you have a better shot of winning if you don't hit/wreck 3-5 cars per week!

Galveston dunes
2nd July 2007, 00:16
While were one the subject of father-son , How about Kyles job in the booth today. IMO he was race oreintated ,and not all over the place like the other guys.and I for one liked it. Good for the sport and the telecast,IMO

blakebeatty
2nd July 2007, 02:40
I love hearing Rusty commentate his son's hideous mistakes

Sparky1329
2nd July 2007, 05:39
You all would have enjoyed the quote in today's paper from Stephen...."The thing he doesn't understand is, when he was winning all those races, there weren't 43 cars that could win. There were like five." ---19 year old Steve Wallace, about his father and former NASCAR star, Rusty Wallace.

What an ass.

His father probably also understands you have a better shot of winning if you don't hit/wreck 3-5 cars per week!

I wouldn't want to pay the bills for all the repairs. I'm not trying to be mean but I think the kid has Tourettes.

tstran17_88
2nd July 2007, 18:40
The only reason he didn't jump out of the car in Milwaukee and let Hamlin drive it, is because he hadn't wrecked anybody yet. He did his deed about 50 laps later.

wbcobrar
3rd July 2007, 02:01
He is a danger to himself and others , send him back to ARCA , or late models , or better yet , figure 8 races, he would rule at figure 8, perfect mentality .

Mark in Oshawa
3rd July 2007, 16:08
He was looking ok last year, this year he is a menace. I think in a few years he will be smarter about how he drives. Lucky for him, he has enough pull he wont get dumped out to the scrap heap...

Lee Roy
3rd July 2007, 17:38
I wouldn't want to pay the bills for all the repairs. I'm not trying to be mean but I think the kid has Tourettes.

That reminds me of a story.

On a TV show one time, Larry Mac was telling about when he was watching Sterling Marlin's son Stedman run late-models. Stedman has backed the car into the wall (minor damage) and when he came into the pits for a quick repair, Sterling took the hood off of the car.

Larry asked him why he took off the hood. Sterling told him that a hood cost about 4 to 5 hundred dollars and he figured he'd take it off before Stedman wrecked again and then at least he wouldn't have to buy another hood.

Sparky1329
3rd July 2007, 22:16
That reminds me of a story.

On a TV show one time, Larry Mac was telling about when he was watching Sterling Marlin's son Stedman run late-models. Stedman has backed the car into the wall (minor damage) and when he came into the pits for a quick repair, Sterling took the hood off of the car.

Larry asked him why he took off the hood. Sterling told him that a hood cost about 4 to 5 hundred dollars and he figured he'd take it off before Stedman wrecked again and then at least he wouldn't have to buy another hood.

That's hysterical. I can almost hear Sterling saying exactly that. :D

NASCARWidow
5th July 2007, 13:15

The Wallaces have always been open about the fact that Steven has a mild form of Tourettes and Rusty has said that because of his Tourettes it is more difficult for other drivers to trust Steven while he's on track. That's one of the reasons Rusty wants Steven to be more patient, etc; so he can earn the other drivers' trust and show that his Tourettes doesn't affect his driving. I'm beginning to wonder if that's really the case. Could his Tourettes be the cause of some of his accidents or is he just a weapon with or without Tourettes?

Sparky1329
5th July 2007, 15:43
The Wallaces have always been open about the fact that Steven has a mild form of Tourettes and Rusty has said that because of his Tourettes it is more difficult for other drivers to trust Steven while he's on track. That's one of the reasons Rusty wants Steven to be more patient, etc; so he can earn the other drivers' trust and show that his Tourettes doesn't affect his driving. I'm beginning to wonder if that's really the case. Could his Tourettes be the cause of some of his accidents or is he just a weapon with or without Tourettes?

I didn't know that he's actually been diagnosed with Tourettes. That would explain some things if, as you say, it is his disorder. I'll tell you this much. I wouldn't want to be racing anywhere near him.

racingrivalsDOT
5th July 2007, 17:40
I think it is BS, but even so what has tourettes got with punting people off the track or just driving plain stupid? As for Steve, he is living off his dads name without doubt, and the reason I say this is that without Rusty or the family name, would he still have a sponsor or a driver?

Erin Crocker had sex with her boss, yet I didn't see her punting people off. Crocker did four(?) Busch races and didn't do all that badly considering she has done very little ARCA before hand. Steve has done more races in Busch than Crocker has done in ARCA, trucks and Busch put together, but he in no better than her (or at least not what I have seen). If people are prepared to waste time on Wallace, take a chance on Erin and with a year or two more experience she may make it yet.

tstran17_88
7th July 2007, 18:54
After today's race...I think it's time to put Warren in the #66, even if he's only a third cousin, once removed. :D

Sparky1329
7th July 2007, 19:57
The boy's name is Loren Wallace. I love that kid. How much worse than Steve could he do.

harvick#1
7th July 2007, 20:12
it ends with me putting someone in the wall :D

MD24
7th July 2007, 21:12
That kid is hilarious

" He comes near me I'll put him in the wall "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWgpGVGeL_g&NR=1

tstran17_88
8th July 2007, 02:10
The boy's name is Loren Wallace. I love that kid. How much worse than Steve could he do.Pretty sure it's Warren Wallace...maybe they're direct decedents of William Wallace?

tstran17_88
8th July 2007, 02:12
Look, it's not like I said I wouldn't go fishing with the man! :laugh:

harvick#1
8th July 2007, 04:46
whatever, it doesn't matter go kart track, shopping carts, those remote controlled boats :laugh:

Sparky1329
8th July 2007, 04:50

:rotflmao:

Old3Fan
9th July 2007, 16:21
IMHO only the first 20 or so drivers are talented enough to be there. The rest of the field are fillers and are there because they are related to someone in Nascar. It is a huge family business and they take care of their own.

Sparky1329
9th July 2007, 17:24
Ooops. My bad. It's Lauren Wallace. :D Lauren...Warren...whatever. The kid is a riot.