PDA

View Full Version : Should this car be banned....

Brown, Jon Brow
1st July 2007, 18:06
.......for gross ungainliness. The Ssangyong Rodius.

http://www.micoche.com/especiales/salonmadrid/2006/Ssangyong/Ssangyong_Rodius.jpg
http://blog.ninjakiwi.com/images/rodius.jpg
http://degriottier.free.fr/ssangyong_rodius_ar.jpg

If, heaven forbid, I would ever see one on the road whilst driving, I think that I would have to crash deliberately, so I didn't have to look at it any more. :mad:

What were the 'stylists' thinking.

Captain VXR
1st July 2007, 21:47
I saw one yesterday and nearly puked even worse than a Altea and that's saying something

BDunnell
1st July 2007, 22:29
That is truly, truly horrendous. I would seriously like to know why they deem it acceptable!

jonas_mcrae
1st July 2007, 22:56
there are loads of them here, they suck the only advantage is the massive boot

AndyRAC
1st July 2007, 22:56
Who designed that? They want shooting, absolutely disgusting, shocking!!

fandango
1st July 2007, 23:04
Yes, I've seen quite a few here too. The only good thing about this car is that the name could be incorporated into the English language to mean something very bad.

"Sorry, I can't come in today, I'm feeling rodius"

"A: What did you think of the film?
B: Absolutely rodius"

slinkster
2nd July 2007, 13:12
Holy ****. That is hideous. How do these designs get enough backing and support to actually be produced?!?!

Dave B
2nd July 2007, 13:18
It looks as if somebody had designed a hatchback, then at 5:25 on Friday evening his boss came in and said "Have you finished that people carrier?".

Five minutes' furious scribbling later...

Mark
2nd July 2007, 13:34
Especially from the side it looks like it's based on a Focus, then with a back end stuck on and a modified front grill.

Captain VXR
2nd July 2007, 17:38
can we make it a poll?

306 Cosworth
2nd July 2007, 17:47
What a fine machine that is :cheese:

Allyc85
2nd July 2007, 20:38
*speechless*

Daniel
2nd July 2007, 21:36
Ugly. I think the Hyundai Matrix is hideous too. It was designed by Pininfarina though...... perhaps they had a trainee in on that day?

CarlMetro
2nd July 2007, 22:33
I guess it's aimed at those who want something a little different, much like the Fiat Multipla was when it first arrived :eek:

Erki
3rd July 2007, 12:54
Jonnie, I think you shouldn't have bought that Punto. This is a much better car to trash around. :p

CharlieJ
3rd July 2007, 14:54
Every time I see one, I feel.....
:(
BLLEEEAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!
:erm:
Sorry..... but I'm not cleaning it up! Get the designer of that thing to do it.

Tshbez
5th July 2007, 21:36
The car was designed by Ken Greenley, former head of the automotive design course at the Royal College of Art in London.

The design goal was to capture the essence of a luxury yacht.

Interesting.

fandango
5th July 2007, 22:27
I saw a black one today. It didn't look quite so bad, just crap. And I've just realised - it's the car equivalent of an attic conversion. Maybe they sell kits so you can do it to any hatchback or coupé....

Cozzie
6th July 2007, 06:44
I've seen worse...

Brown, Jon Brow
6th July 2007, 09:23
Jonnie, I think you shouldn't have bought that Punto. This is a much better car to trash around. :p

Maybe you are right.

At least if I was driving the Ssangyong I wouldn't be able to see the exterior styling when I was driving it.

CharlieJ
6th July 2007, 18:51
I've seen worse...

What? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Scuderia ferrari
6th July 2007, 21:24
*burts out laughing* flippin heck, did that fall from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down? I still think the fiat multiplyer is worse though

XR8
8th July 2007, 07:19
Its definatly the ugliest car I have seen followed by a close second to the FORD KA . What an sad excuse for a car.

Daniel
8th July 2007, 12:54
Its definatly the ugliest car I have seen followed by a close second to the FORD KA . What an sad excuse for a car.
Is your name Stuart? :mark:

Samick
22nd July 2007, 02:47
"Should this car be banned?"

YES !!!! Thats illegal!!!!

That is all that needs to be said

FrankenSchwinn
23rd July 2007, 18:36
i don't think the question should be "who designed this thing?" but more "who BUYS these things?". they are the ones who should be shot.

SEATFreak
24th July 2007, 09:33
I would like the Rodius.....If I had a hangover, was insane or was blind! :laugh:

GRAVETT
27th July 2007, 13:12
well i have driven this beast of a car this morning and i can only say that this has to be the fatest, safest most enjoyable car ive ever driven. i shall now be going to hell, or at least heading for a job at the bcc, as that has to be the biggest lie ever told !!
(i actually did driver it at my local subaru/ sanngyong dealer)

Azumanga Davo
29th July 2007, 15:27
Oops, not a popular one is it?

dcr22B
29th July 2007, 18:18
Plenty of them being used as taxis over here. Nothing else going for them though!

BeansBeansBeans
29th July 2007, 18:38
I've only seen one, in Newcastle. It's much bigger than I expected. A full sized people carrier. Absolutely hideous though.

Drew
29th July 2007, 19:21
Not seen one, but it looks as if it's had an extension on the back :confused:

But I agree with the designer, it's exactly like a luxury yacht... in a force nine gale.

CarlMetro
30th July 2007, 00:08
Plenty of them being used as taxis over here.

I've never seen them being used as anything else, perhaps it's part of the purchase conditions that you have to use them as taxis?

BDunnell
30th July 2007, 00:12
It might be the only way you can get someone else to ride in something so ugly. If you had one, would your friends like to be seen with you in it?

SEATFreak
5th August 2007, 19:09
I guess it's aimed at those who want something a little different, much like the Fiat Multipla was when it first arrived :eek:

Another utterly revolting car IMHPO.

Another car to mull over as a possible "ugly car", what about the Chrysler PT Cruiser?

nicemms
5th August 2007, 20:51
I saw one of them in Spain and they are so ugly! I would have taken a picture of it but it would have broken my camera lens!

Iain
5th August 2007, 21:07
Another utterly revolting car IMHPO.

Another car to mull over as a possible "ugly car", what about the Chrysler PT Cruiser?

Definitely. And I don't think it's potential BTCC entry would have improved it's image at all. ;) ;) ;) :p :

DBell
5th August 2007, 23:09
That is an extremely ugly vehicle. It looks very similar to a Pontiac Aztec, which came out a few years ago in the US, but has since been discontinued. The difference is the Aztec was even a little worse. I'll never understand how a design team could actually think this is an acceptable design. And even worse, that the company would commit to producing it.

Res Ipsa Loquitur
8th August 2007, 17:50
No No No No No! That Is One Fugly Car!

johnny shell
8th August 2007, 21:42
I think they were trying to design a mini-van disguised as something else.

maybe for people who wanted a minivan, but didn't want the stigma of having one???

BDunnell
8th August 2007, 23:47
Yes, I've seen quite a few here too. The only good thing about this car is that the name could be incorporated into the English language to mean something very bad.

"Sorry, I can't come in today, I'm feeling rodius"

"A: What did you think of the film?
B: Absolutely rodius"

Only just seen that! Excellent.

SEATFreak
12th August 2007, 13:15
Travelling back from Whitby on a day out last week with my parentsI made a note of the cars I saw and for the first time one car really struck out at me as one I could never ever want.

This is the culprit which proves beyond all doubt the ability for French manufacturers to make a decent motor....