PDA

View Full Version : Kertus Davis realesed by KHI

RaikkonenRules
30th June 2007, 18:38
Kevin Harvick Incorperated has realeased Kertus Davis from the #77 car. Davis had yet to crack the Top 30 in his first 5 races this year. I bet Bobby Labonte's schedule will be extended instead of replacing Davis with another young gun which I would not like one bit. :mad:

Erki
30th June 2007, 18:43
Lamar, Davis... shouldn't Happy give them a bit more time? These days it looks like there are only a couple of full time Busch-only drivers. With all the Buschwhackers around, it looks like Truck has become the new Busch...

RaikkonenRules
30th June 2007, 19:17
Someone please but a ban on Buschwackers.

harvick#1
30th June 2007, 19:27
I wish Harvick would've given Burney another year, but Davis just doesn't show any fire. he ran in the 30's every race and even Cale Gale showed him up in the 33. Gale can atleast run in the top 20 to top 10, but Davis just never raced hard.

I want harvick to put in McCreadie but I don't think RCR would allow it

KK3869
30th June 2007, 20:08
I don't blame Harvick, its Dollar General that wants Big Name Winner not Joe Development Driver.

RaikkonenRules
30th June 2007, 20:17
It does any me when sponsors get to have the main say in who drives. That responsiblity should be left to the teams themselves.

KK3869
30th June 2007, 21:04
It does any me when sponsors get to have the main say in who drives. That responsiblity should be left to the teams themselves.

Tell that Joe Gibbs Racing, last week.

harvick#1
30th June 2007, 21:49
I'm glad Davis was released, he didn't show any improvement and basically was in a wreck everyweek. and when he wasn't in a wreck, he was so damn slow. hes been in the Busch series awhile and I expected him to be better than Gale, but even Gale was showing him up week after week

muggle not
30th June 2007, 23:52
Five races isn't enough time to fully evaluate him. Perhaps Harvick realized that he screwed up by signing him in the first place.

djarumdudley
1st July 2007, 07:14
not really suprised to see this occur. shame for Davis as five races isn't enough, but on the other hand he showed little performance in a car that should be decent. admittedly, i don't feel as bad for Davis as i did for Burney Lamar.

there's something not clicking with that team. the 77 runs decently at times, but underacheives. Bobby Labonte hasn't exactly lit the world on fire with that car. other than a restrictor plate victory, Labonte has also done little. perhaps KHI doesn't have enough resources to support a strong two car team. the 77 & 33 at KHI is like the 25 car to the rest of Hendrick, good for the occasional surprise, but is overall disappointing.

harvick#1
1st July 2007, 14:17
Bobby was running 8th before a shock failed on the car yesterday

RaikkonenRules
1st July 2007, 16:59
Wonder where Kertus will go to then. Possibly back to his dad's team or maybe someone else will give him a chance.

BobbyC
2nd July 2007, 18:49
The Spartanburg-Herald Journal (about 20 miles west of his Gaffney home) reported KHI wants to keep Davis, and have him on the #2 Truck as a teammate to Ron Hornaday. That drop-down would be good for his career, as he builds with the team in a lesser-pressure series and can be coached by Hornaday.