PDA

View Full Version : Alonso comments on Ferrari

mstillhere
30th June 2007, 17:57
Yesterday

Q. So, Alonso, what do you think about Ferrari improvements?
A. Nothing, their improvements are nothing.

Today

Q. So, Alonso, are sticking to what you said yesterday about Ferrari? and did MCLaren really have incredible updates added to the car during the testing sessions in Silverstone?
A. @#$%^&!@#$%^$@#&*^%

I know that's kind of early to celebrate victory (and sadly enough, he could win tomorrow too), but to see his arrogance blow to his own face gives me an incredible pleasure.

andreag
30th June 2007, 18:12
Yesterday

Q. So, Alonso, what do you think about Ferrari improvements?
A. Nothing, their improvements are nothing.
He didn't say that.

F1MAN2007
30th June 2007, 18:14
I know that's kind of early to celebrate victory (and sadly enough, he could win tomorrow too), but to see his arrogance blow to his own face gives me an incredible pleasure.

In french they say : " Rira bien qui rira le dernier" :D

mstillhere
30th June 2007, 18:19
He didn't say that.

Yes he did

Dave B
30th June 2007, 18:20
Link please, as they say.

andreag
30th June 2007, 18:32
I also vote for a link.

ojciec dyrektor
30th June 2007, 18:32
What improvements? Ferrari is still only 0.2 to BMW and 0.4 to Renault.
McLaren is slower than in last three races. Alonso had problems and Hamilton made some errors.

So, their improvements are nothing.

mstillhere
30th June 2007, 18:33

Oh, man..... Ok.....

mstillhere
30th June 2007, 18:37
And there you go:
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=39785

mstillhere
30th June 2007, 18:45
McLaren is slower than in last three races. Alonso had problems and Hamilton made some errors.

We are referring to the improvements made by Ferrari during the testing sessions on the Silverstone track.

Kevincal
30th June 2007, 18:48
So how many Alonso bashing threads do we need?

Roamy
30th June 2007, 19:07
Go Ferrari 1-2 lets do it

Robinho
30th June 2007, 19:07
he didn't use those words, nor were they in reposnse to that question, poor paraphrasing, are you a journalist, if not you should consider a career change?

mstillhere
30th June 2007, 20:17
he didn't use those words

Yes he did: "But when asked in the Thursday press conference at Magny-Cours about the threat from the red cars, the world champion appeared unconcerned. "Oh nothing, nothing at all, nothing [/B]," he (Alonso) declared.

nor were they in response to that question, poor paraphrasing

Reread the above

"It was a good week for us also. I think as a team we improved our car and our performance (Said Alonso). He, he,he,he... what do you know.... :) :) :) :)

are you a journalist, if not you should consider a career change?

I agree with you on this one. Journalists now days twist things around so badly, that you don't who to believe anymore. As far as I am concerned, like the majority of this forum, try to do our best to support what we affirm by reporting the source of the information. I thing is the interpretation of what we read that sets us apart, at times.

janneppi
30th June 2007, 20:49
Yes he did: "But when asked in the Thursday press conference at Magny-Cours about the threat from the red cars, the world champion appeared unconcerned. "Oh nothing, nothing at all, nothing [/B]," he (Alonso) declared.

What was the exact question he answered?
Was it do you think Ferrari have made any improvements?
I seriously doubt that.

Big Ben
30th June 2007, 20:50
I agree with you on this one. Journalists now days twist things around so badly, that you don't who to believe anymore. As far as I am concerned, like the majority of this forum, try to do our best to support what we affirm by reporting the source of the information. I thing is the interpretation of what we read that sets us apart, at times.

Journalists (just like us) are able to understand everything how they want to...

About bashing Alonso again... what can I say? Itīs part of being a champion... when you fall this vast majority of people made of slow witted persons will jump up and down of joy... I donīt thing heīll fall soon though... even if He doesnīt win the wdc this year

Adders
30th June 2007, 21:04
We are on holiday in Italy in July and I've conned my wife into a visit to Marinello (on the promise that there is a Prada Designer outlet shop there! - I'll talk my way out of that one on the day!) Does anyone know if Ferrari publish test dates for the Fiorano test track next to the factory - it would be good to conincide the visit with one?

mstillhere
30th June 2007, 21:33
We are on holiday in Italy in July and I've conned my wife into a visit to Marinello (on the promise that there is a Prada Designer outlet shop there! - I'll talk my way out of that one on the day!) Does anyone know if Ferrari publish test dates for the Fiorano test track next to the factory - it would be good to conincide the visit with one?

Can you bring me a Ferrari?

Gannex
30th June 2007, 21:33
The following is a verbatim quote from Thursday's Magny-Cours Press Conference:

Q. Similar question to you, Fernando. What are your feelings after the Silverstone test? It was a very big one for McLaren, according to Martin Whitmarsh.

Fernando Alonso: Yeah, it was a good week for us also. I think as a team we improved our car and our performance. We had some new bits on the car improving the aerodynamics, the suspension as well, brakes, so many new things on the car. You choose the good ones for here, for racing and take the bad ones back to the factory and try to find the problem. We developed the car, we improved the car and it should again be competitive here in France.

Q. How worried were you by those times from Ferrari?

FA: Oh nothing, nothing at all, nothing.

mstillhere
30th June 2007, 21:34
Please??!!!?!

gloomyDAY
30th June 2007, 23:08
I love these threads. Alonso answers a question without spite and still gets bad-mouthed.

Have any of you heard of the phrase "lost in translation"? When I speak Spanish I usually think up words in English and try to translate them for everyone else to hear. Sometimes the context doesn't fit well at all and I come off sounding a bit silly. Maybe the exact thing happens to Alonso on occasion.

Just get over it people!

Valve Bounce
30th June 2007, 23:31
We are on holiday in Italy in July and I've conned my wife into a visit to Marinello (on the promise that there is a Prada Designer outlet shop there! - I'll talk my way out of that one on the day!)

Why didn't I think of that? :(

ioan
1st July 2007, 10:17

One for each time he does it! :D

SteveA
1st July 2007, 10:45
We are on holiday in Italy in July and I've conned my wife into a visit to Marinello (on the promise that there is a Prada Designer outlet shop there! - I'll talk my way out of that one on the day!)

Don't forget to clear your browser history and cache then, or you could be trying to talk your way out of a divorce ;)

Big Ben
1st July 2007, 17:28
Yes he did

well...youīre right..he did say that... You didnīt "improve" his answer.... you changed a bit the question to suit your preferences... shame on you!

wmcot
2nd July 2007, 07:29

Just enough for him to break the record set by MS!!! ;)

Flat.tyres
2nd July 2007, 10:21

sorry, can you explain this to me please.

BMW finished 41 sec behind Ferrari and Renault 52. That would suggest over half a second and over 2/3 of a second advantage per lap. we know that finishing times are not accurate as drivers wind down over the last few laps if possible to protect engines etc.

fastest laps are slightly more indicitive.

Ferrari 16.1
Renault 16.7
BMW 16.9

you could say that on outright speed, the renault is faster than the BMW by 0.2 but still slower than the Ferrari by 0.6 per lap.

by the way, the McL was 0.4 slower than the ferrari on outright pace.

McLaren is slower retrospectivly because Ferrari are starting to get their game together and get the best out of the best car. McLaren suffered a mechanical problem that puts him on par with Massa for problems. The only one not to have had a problem so far is Lewis but it will happen eventually.

i am a little confused as to Lewis's errors though. where exactly? are you refering to the pre-programmed launch control that gets the cars off the line?

ojciec dyrektor
2nd July 2007, 21:39
Flat.tyres, I was writing about qually only. :)