PDA

View Full Version : Musgrace Suspended One Race!!!

blakebeatty
28th June 2007, 00:49
NASCAR suspends Musgrave one race: NASCAR announced today that Ted Musgrave, driver of the #9 Toyota in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, has been suspended from competition until July 3, penalized 50 championship driver points, fined $10,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31 for a rule violation he committed during the race at the Milwaukee Mile on June 22. Musgrave was found to be in violation of Section 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing; hitting another competitor's truck during a caution period) of the 2007 NASCAR rule book. In addition, Bob Germain, owner of the #9, has been penalized 50 championship truck owner points. The next race on the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series schedule is at Memphis Motorsports Park on Saturday.(NASCAR PR)(6-27-2007)

After failing to learn the lesson that was attempted to be taught to Kurt Busch for using your vehicle as a weapon, NASCAR has dropped the hammer. Good call methinks

harvick#1
28th June 2007, 00:51
its a good call, but now it comes to question of why didn't Nascar do this to Busch.

I saw what Musgrave did was wrong, but Bires was safe in his truck.

Stewarts crew member could've easily have been seriously injured for the stunt Busch did on Pit road.

blakebeatty
28th June 2007, 00:54
I would guess that Busch's hit was the LAST ONE EVER that won't result in a suspension. I do agree that Busch should have gotten a race for it though

wbcobrar
28th June 2007, 02:50
harvick#1 , diddo

Cole_Trickle
28th June 2007, 03:39
But he couldn't steer the truck after the damage hahahttp://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

funny how he managed to drive off afterwards ok..

djarumdudley
28th June 2007, 04:27
c'mon this is the truck series. Nascar can get away with a real penalty like this in a lesser series. remember the Ryan Moore deal in Busch North a couple years back? if you don't then you get my point.

will this really translate into future Cup suspensions? somehow i think not. Nascar can pull this off in a series where money and ratings are far less.

the only thing that impresses me is that they suspended a past champion. but who here really expects to see Tony Stewart or Jeff Gordon suspended for spinning someone on pit road the next time? not me.

Sparky1329
28th June 2007, 04:33
c'mon this is the truck series. Nascar can get away with a real penalty like this in a lesser series. remember the Ryan Moore deal in Busch North a couple years back? if you don't then you get my point.

will this really translate into future Cup suspensions? somehow i think not. Nascar can pull this off in a series where money and ratings are far less.

the only thing that impresses me is that they suspended a past champion. but who here really expects to see Tony Stewart or Jeff Gordon suspended for spinning someone on pit road the next time? not me.

You're right. NASCAR doesn't give a rat's patootie about the CTS which is the major reason why the series is barely hanging by a thread. Pity.

BobbyC
28th June 2007, 14:07
Musgrave did not get a negative score out of Milwaukee because the minimum score in Trucks is 55 points per race.

The minimum Musgrave loses is 55 points because of a 36-truck field.

The suspension in smaller-field races hurts more than one in a 43-car field.

Plus 100 points is a straight penalty that doesn't hurt by what others do -- a suspension could be a small penalty if the opponents chasing the suspended driver finish 38th or worse. Losing 100 points in a Chase format means those 100 points are punished now. If a driver was suspended and the other drivers chasing the suspended score bad finishes the next race, he didn't lose but 34-60 points, and that's still better off than 100 points.

blakebeatty
28th June 2007, 15:17
Unless the circumstances are dire, a driver should never be suspended. The fans pay too much money and effort to come watch their favorite drivers, and they deserve to see them. If suspensions are in order, then perhaps a better solution would be to give the equilvalent points and monetary fine of a missed race.

tstran17_88
28th June 2007, 18:39
I think its crap! Yeah, Teddy can be a hothead, but so is Kurt Busch. I guess djarumdudley is correct with his assessment.

RaikkonenRules
1st July 2007, 17:59
Good job by his replacement Brad Keselowski. Pole position and led until that idoit Kvapil pushed him out the way.

djarumdudley
2nd July 2007, 09:09
Keselowski did an amazing job, he really deserves to be in good equipment. until this race i thought he was marginal at best. hopefully Germain will step up and run him in their third truck.

RaikkonenRules
2nd July 2007, 13:26
Keselowski is a free agent too since KCR has apparently suspended operartions for a while. Germain should definately consider it.

blakebeatty
2nd July 2007, 15:43
Bill Davis should look the way of this kid to replace one of the biggest morons ever, Tyler Walker, in the #36 360 OTC Tundra. If not here, I would think that he should get some looks

djarumdudley
2nd July 2007, 18:21
Davis doesn't need him. Walker's replacement, Ryan Mathews, seem like a good one. he ran top 10 all night at Memphis as well.

tstran17_88
2nd July 2007, 18:31
that idoit Kvapil pushed him out the way.You might want to ease up there, cowboy! Travis is one of the cleanest drivers out there.

RaikkonenRules
3rd July 2007, 13:10
Never really seen much of him but that hardley made a good first impreseion on me.

tstran17_88
3rd July 2007, 18:42
New to the sport I take it? TK won the 2003 Craftsman Truck Championship, spent two full seasons in Nextel Cup (2005 & 2006), the first year being were he got shafted by teammate Rusty Wallace and owner Roger Penske, and is now back in the CTS with Jack Roush.

RaikkonenRules
3rd July 2007, 20:44
New to trucks anyway. Been watching Busch since 2004 and Cup since 2006.

BobbyC
5th July 2007, 21:25
Keselowski is reportedly being given a shot at JR Motorsports. Reportedly the US Navy wasn't happy with the character of Shane Huffman with out-of-wedlock kids.

djarumdudley
6th July 2007, 05:15
unless offspring were recent additions to Huffman's life, why didn't the Navy care when he was hired. being that kids is in the plural it's likely this wasn't unknown information. there's gotta be more.

one man'e loss is another's oppurtunity, hopefully Keselowski can continue to impress.

RaikkonenRules
6th July 2007, 22:45
Keselowski is reportedly being given a shot at JR Motorsports. Reportedly the US Navy wasn't happy with the character of Shane Huffman with out-of-wedlock kids.

Brillilant news :D Good for Brad. Expecet good things from this. :up: His current Busch team Keith Coleman are now up for sale due to the owner's ill health according to jayski

tstran17_88
7th July 2007, 19:01
Or possibly the reason is only four top ten finishes and a lot of wrecked race cars. He was warned by Joonyer to preform better. It’s not the first time Joonyer has fired a driver, so my guess is morals had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes: