PDA

View Full Version : Scientists find proof Bafoons exist!

Roamy
27th June 2007, 23:47
The FIA is pressing ahead with plans for radical electronically-controlled moveable wings on Formula One cars from 2011, as autosport.com revealed, as part of a major shake-up of the sport's

They just can't wait to send a driver off the end of the straight right into a wall. I guess they have not had enough deaths lately!!

blakebeatty
28th June 2007, 01:13
I think that the sport should represent the pinnacle of current automotive technology, which encompasses movebale aero. Should also have TC, LC, Anitlock Breaks, Regenerative Power in Engines (Hybrid), etc. Any technology that we see in production cars should be fair game

ShiftingGears
28th June 2007, 07:02
I hope it makes the racing better. I just want to see great spectacular racing where the power of the cars greatly outweighs the grip, and the best drivers drive them, on the best circuits. I'm not as concerned about the technology as some. Anyway, I hope they make the cars wider as well, so they have more feel.

wmcot
28th June 2007, 07:57
I heard a rumor that they were considering powering the cars with small nuclear reactors which would greatly enhance night racing!! :)

PSfan
28th June 2007, 08:04
The FIA is pressing ahead with plans for radical electronically-controlled moveable wings on Formula One cars from 2011, as autosport.com revealed, as part of a major shake-up of the sport's

They just can't wait to send a driver off the end of the straight right into a wall. I guess they have not had enough deaths lately!!

Don't worry about it fousto, shortly after they get the electronically-controlled moveable wings working, they'll develop the computer controlled steering,throttle, and breaking system. Soon they won't need to risk drivers lives at all :p :

I imagine alot of these new plans will go the way of the CDG wings, and bio-diesel F1 engines...

wmcot
28th June 2007, 08:06
Don't worry about it fousto, shortly after they get the electronically-controlled moveable wings working, they'll develop the computer controlled steering,throttle, and breaking system. Soon they won't need to risk drivers lives at all :p :

I imagine alot of these new plans will go the way of the CDG wings, and bio-diesel F1 engines...

I'm thinking the drivers will control the car about as much as a pilot controls a modern jet fighter - (90% computer, 10% human)

Mark
28th June 2007, 08:11
The FIA always come out with super radical plans which are supposed to happen in a few years time.. but they never do.

ArrowsFA1
28th June 2007, 08:50
Over the years Max has often raised the prospect of radical plans, mixed in with more reasonable plans, which are then used as bargaining chips with the teams. That way, when they reject some of what MM is suggesting, the teams feel they have gained something, but Max wins anyway :D

Wilderness
28th June 2007, 14:52
Let's just have the drivers race full scale Scalectrix. No need to get them involved any more. This way even the out of work 4-year old camel jockeys can still race and not be hurt.

Time for Max to go (I've been saying this for years now).

Roamy
28th June 2007, 15:02
I heard a rumor that they were considering powering the cars with small nuclear reactors which would greatly enhance night racing!! :)

that just for the middle east races!!

OmarF1
28th June 2007, 16:34
what?? Max Mosley needs to stop smoking crack, his brain isn't good, can somebody tell me please how electronically controled wings helps to the road car industry?? wasn't that what Mosley wanted, to be road car relevant?
this does not look like that.

Big Ben
28th June 2007, 17:11
this will certainly reduce costs.

blakebeatty
28th June 2007, 17:38
Active aero means more overtaking. Cars can adjust the aerodynamics to control the understeer that can occurs in the "dirty" air of a slipstream. This is a good thing

wmcot
29th June 2007, 07:53
Max needs to stay on his meds - not keep cycling between taking them and going off them!! :)

Dazz9908
30th June 2007, 13:32
Sounds like Driver skill is becoming even a less of a consideration! Sadly :(
It's all about the engineering.