PDA

View Full Version : Tears from heaven on last Magny Cours?

andreag
27th June 2007, 18:39
I know this is not a fav track for Forum members.

I know most of them never trust weather forecasts.

I know some will say again every forecast for a GP say the same (which isn't true).

But this time it looks like the last F1 GP at the french track, will be waved goodbye with some fallen drops:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxdetail/FRXX0164?dayNum=4

I'm not sad about Magny Cours will be out, but I'm really praying for a wet GP to see something closer to real racing.

buckwheat
27th June 2007, 20:32
I'm not sad about Magny Cours will be out, but I'm really praying for a wet GP to see something closer to real racing.

Give that man a cigar -

When Indy and Nascar all squeal and hissey fit running for cover when it rains so they won't get their $500 hairdos wet, this is when F1 really gets going.

Ever seen the I-500 schedule for rain delay? It goes on for 485 pages, and can last up to 2 months. Please, just go race you bunch of lightweights

zoostation
27th June 2007, 20:55
Give that man a cigar -

When Indy and Nascar all squeal and hissey fit running for cover when it rains so they won't get their $500 hairdos wet, this is when F1 really gets going.

Ever seen the I-500 schedule for rain delay? It goes on for 485 pages, and can last up to 2 months. Please, just go race you bunch of lightweights

open wheeled oval racing?

with rain?

HA!

seriously though its stupidly dangerous not gonna happen

N. Jones
27th June 2007, 21:14
weather.com is kind of unreliable. I would probably look somewhere else...

I love the track in video game land. But the real life track is a bore.

As a matter of fact, the next four races are going to be a snooze fest since no overtaking happens at any of them (although the Hungaroring is also one of my favorite pixelated tracks...).

andreag
27th June 2007, 22:15
Hungaroring was a boring race... until last year, when that rain gave us the most exciting races of the year.

And it would be a nice end for Magny Cours.

Valve Bounce
27th June 2007, 23:59
I think intermittent showers would be even better. :p :

V12
28th June 2007, 00:05
While I don't particularly care for Magny-Cours as a track, it was the venue of the first F1 race I ever watched live - the 1991 French GP. I'm not kicking up a fuss that it's going that I would if Silverstone went or when Spa was dropped those couple of times - but a small part of me will probably be sad to see the back of the place for that one sole reason.

ShiftingGears
28th June 2007, 07:12
I hope it rains!!

ioan
28th June 2007, 08:43
Rain forecast for Sunday:

http://www.meteofrance.com/FR/mameteo/prevReg.jsp?LIEUID=REG14

It rained every bloody day for the last 10 days here, but as the norm in modern F1, it will change and might be dry for those 2 hours of quals and for the race. :\

pino
28th June 2007, 08:47
Rain forecast for Sunday:

Then Fisi will easily win :p :

ioan
28th June 2007, 08:51
Then Fisi will easily win :p :

I thought you were a Trulli fan! ;)

pino
28th June 2007, 08:54
I thought you were a Trulli fan! ;)

The car ioan...the damn car ioan, give Jarno a good/fast car and he will kick everyone :p : ;)

Dave B
28th June 2007, 09:20
DC makes his feelings about the Minging Course known...

http://www.geocities.com/shaddupdc/imdcschumifinger.jpg

leopard
28th June 2007, 11:42
I can't remember exactly since when DC drives the red car

ioan
28th June 2007, 15:47
The car ioan...the damn car ioan, give Jarno a good/fast car and he will kick everyone :p : ;)

I understand your feelings pino, but that was no compliment towards Jarno. I mean even Albers might kick them all in a good/fast car! ;)

OmarF1
28th June 2007, 16:30
rain or no rain, Magny Cours it is still a wider go kart track, a mickey mouse one.

Roamy
28th June 2007, 19:08

Pino goes which ever way the Pasta Blows!!

Good luck but if you are praying for italian victories then go with the Reds.

Sleeper
28th June 2007, 23:38
Its a rubbish track but I'm hopping for something of a repeat of the '99 race.

wedge
29th June 2007, 01:04
Magny Cours was a track I looked forward to in the 1990s but not no more. There used to be lots of overtaking and collisions into the hairpin. Current F1 cars are too aero dependent now.

Mysterious Rock
29th June 2007, 03:46
DC makes his feelings about the Minging Course known...

http://www.geocities.com/shaddupdc/imdcschumifinger.jpg

I loved that moment!!!
LMAO

Hazell B
29th June 2007, 21:36
A friend of mine got a long range weather view for the Silverstone race and rain is about 50/50 for there at the moment. Perhaps it will alter over the next few days, but a wet Brit GP looks possible and bets are being taken at shorter odds as of today.

Just so you know :p :

Valve Bounce
1st July 2007, 04:06
Is there a radar weather map similar to the one we have for Melbourne like this: http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR023.loop.shtml

Thanks if you have.