PDA

View Full Version : Robby wants 2nd team

RaikkonenRules
25th June 2007, 21:11
#7-Robby Gordon said Friday that he’s moving closer to adding a second team for 2008. “When we have runs like this, it entices people to come and look at our organization,” said Gordon after qualifying second for the Save Mart 350. “We’re a single-car effort, but we can compete with these guys. We proved that, when for the last three weeks, we’ve been a top-15 car every week. And if we can run in the top 15, the door’s going to open up and we’ll find ourselves in victory lane.” Gordon also said he expects to move into his new headquarters for Robby Gordon Motorsports in late September

Jayski.com

Sparky1329
25th June 2007, 22:24
Robby needs a second team. He'll figure out a way to get it done.

Mark in Oshawa
26th June 2007, 00:01
I figured he would screw up one car, now he is gonna have two. Maybe Robby isn't so dumb after all. All power to him, but he always struck me as all hat, no cattle.....guess I am wrong.

dwboogityfan
26th June 2007, 10:44
Considering Robby is currently a single car team he has done a fantastic job so far this season. I felt sorry for him on Sunday because the worst he should have finished was 2nd. To be top 25 in points ahead of the likes of Kasey Kahne, David Ragan and Reed Sorenson is a fantastic effort.
A second car for RGM could allow them to move even further forward because of the advantage of the testing rule. Robby would have to find a decent driver though.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
26th June 2007, 16:47
Robbys is doing well but am i the only one that thinks that he should concentrate on NASCAR instead of playing with those golf carts out in the desert every chance he gets.

Sparky1329
26th June 2007, 18:46
Robbys is doing well but am i the only one that thinks that he should concentrate on NASCAR instead of playing with those golf carts out in the desert every chance he gets.

You might be the only one who thinks that and calls his off-road vehicles "golf carts". His H-3 and C-10 trophy truck wouldn't be very welcome on any golf course that I'm aware of. He doesn't have the car control he does from riding around on pavement. If he's having fun I couldn't care less.

tstran17_88
26th June 2007, 19:00
I'm all for Robby doing his thing and think it's great that his cup car is #7, whether or not it's relevant to AK.

Some of the drivers from Hendrick Motorsports have problems driving/riding in golf carts. :D

BenRoethig
26th June 2007, 19:09
My gut says #77 Menards car for Paul Menard, John Menard gains part ownership.