PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Toyota

dblanglais
25th June 2007, 15:23
I didn't watch the race yesterday but I would like to know what happened to the Red Bull Toyota. I looked on the NASCAR website and the news and nothing. I assume they didn't qualify which is a pity.

Lee Roy
25th June 2007, 15:44
Both drivers/cars in the Red Bull stable did not qualify. I hope that team gets itself together soon. I think it will be a great team.

BenRoethig
25th June 2007, 16:12
Not fast enough to make the show.

Vickers 90.287mph 79.347 lap time 42nd fastest
Allmendinger 90.147mph 79.470 lap time 43rd fastest

blakebeatty
25th June 2007, 20:17
The quality of personelle at these teams should yeild good results with time. especially Richert. Look at Vickers run at Charlotte! He was faster than Jimmie for a lot of the race!

Mark in Oshawa
25th June 2007, 20:38
Under the old rules, they would have made it, since no "champions" provisional was used. Used to be the top 43 got in. Now we have the first 35 points teams getting a free pass. Red Bull isn't that far off most weeks, but this is the most competitive form of racing going, and Red Bull has to kick down the door and get points from week one to hold their place in the sport. Until then, they have to be better than they would have 5 years ago....

BenRoethig
25th June 2007, 20:53
Personally, I think it should change from top 35 to top 20.

RaikkonenRules
25th June 2007, 21:17
AJ and Vickers had both made each race since I think Darlington before thi race. Shows that they are definately competitive on ovals now and I think they only failed to qualify because most of the other none Top 35 teams had experienced road racers driving for them.

Lee Roy
25th June 2007, 22:15
AJ and Vickers had both made each race since I think Darlington before thi race. Shows that they are definately competitive on ovals now and I think they only failed to qualify because most of the other none Top 35 teams had experienced road racers driving for them.

Bill Elliott qualified in 7th.

Mark in Oshawa
26th June 2007, 00:07
Excuses are for losers, and in the end, Red Bull cant complain. Vickers has raced on road courses before, and AJ I think should know what the hell he is doing as well. The team just is chasing the field, and no one is waiting for them to catch up. They are in a Darwinian process with the worst make and a brand new team, and they will miss races. Until they find the engineering prowess other teams have, they will struggle.

call_me_andrew
26th June 2007, 22:02
Under the old rules, they would have made it, since no "champions" provisional was used. Used to be the top 43 got in. Now we have the first 35 points teams getting a free pass.

When did the top 43 get in? Have you forgotten the old provisional system that no one can understand?

Mark in Oshawa
27th June 2007, 00:19
Andrew, basically if none on the provisionals kicked in, they went by time. You had champions provisionals and promotors provisionals. You are correct, rarely was it a straight 43 getting on on time, but I also remember about 3 years ago when 4 starters every week were almost always guarnteed to drop out with "handling issues" and no one was sent home. Those were the days when the Cup series was maybe too expensive (apparently not now)for many teams and NASCAR was eager to keep up appearences. I do know that if 43 cars make the race, it would be nice if they were the 43 fastest.....which the Red Bull boys were in.

call_me_andrew
27th June 2007, 07:36
I'm not talking about field fillers. I'm talking about the fastest 36 on time, then I have no idea how any of the remaining provisionals worked.

djarumdudley
28th June 2007, 04:59
Vickers having a dnq at Sonoma was no surprise at all. he's never been much of a road racer.

but i was absolutely shocked at how out to lunch Allmendinger was. surely the Sears Point event was expected to be a huge confidence boost for both driver and team. for Allmendinger to be nearly two seconds off pole pace is almost incomprehensible. the 84 had shown improvement recently, but this race could be a gigantic setback for that group. hopefully they can bounce back.

Jonesi
28th June 2007, 05:32
I didn't see qualifing, and haven't heard any quotes from driver or #84 team. Any chance AJA had the speed but had an "oops" in a turn that cost him a starting spot? I know JPM had said before the race he had a good run going then over drove one turn and had to settle for 32rd spot, but would have the speed during the race.

RaikkonenRules
28th June 2007, 12:25
I'm not talking about field fillers. I'm talking about the fastest 36 on time, then I have no idea how any of the remaining provisionals worked.

The rest of the grid is set by owners standings. Highest up in owners points of the rest will be 39th, 2nd highest 40th and so on.