PDA

View Full Version : Murray returns!

Mark
25th June 2007, 12:23
Formula One's legendary voice, Murray Walker is to commentate for BBC Radio Five Live from the European Grand Prix in Germany on July 22.

This will be Walker's first return to a UK commentary box since his retirement in 2001. Regular Five Live presenter Maurice Hamilton will be in the commentary box with Walker, with Holly Samos providing all the news from the pit lane, replacing David Croft whose baby is due that weekend.

Walker will also commentate on the qualifying session for the race on Saturday July 21, as well as hosting a special Formula One edition of the Five Live 606 phone-in, live from the Nüerburgring at 6pm that evening.

Commenting on new racing star Lewis Hamilton, who will feature in the race, Walker said: "I think that Lewis Hamilton will go on to be one of the greatest drivers of all time. There aren't enough superlatives for what he is doing race after race – it's extraordinary and unprecedented in the history of Formula One. I've been watching Formula One since it began and I have never seen anything like this in my life. I think it is more than feasible that he could win the championship this year, which would be incredible. I've only met him once so far but he is also a thoroughly nice chap."

Flat.tyres
25th June 2007, 13:22
please stop starting unnessary threads :p : ;)

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118683

DonJippo
25th June 2007, 14:11
please stop starting unnessary threads :p : ;)

Yes I say atleast a warning needs to be given for him :rotflmao:

Flat.tyres
25th June 2007, 14:19
Yes I say atleast a warning needs to be given for him :rotflmao:

i'd say 6 points at least but he'll only tell me off for not using CAPS ALL THE TIME :D

Ian McC
25th June 2007, 23:04
:eek:

You wait until Pino sees this :s hock:

:p :