PDA

View Full Version : JPM wins @ Infineon

trumperZ06
25th June 2007, 01:37
:D Heading says it ALL !!! :D

;) Great race/Great results !!!

blakebeatty
25th June 2007, 01:39
Yeah! Congradulations Juan! He was so excited to win!

trumperZ06
25th June 2007, 01:41
Yeah! Congradulations Juan! He was so excited to win!

:D Yep.... some of the radio talk between JPM & his spotter was relayed by the play by play guys.... Juan Pablo wanted to head to the front !!!

;) JPM wasn't interested in.... " No Stinking Gas Milage" !!!

dont_be_jack
25th June 2007, 02:08
He had a good car all day, he didn't get too testy and aggressive, and he won with fuel that they didn't expect him to have. Great job, JPM.

Jonesi
25th June 2007, 02:12
He had a good car all day, he didn't get too testy and aggressive, and he won with fuel that they didn't expect him to have. Great job, JPM.

Check the rollcage ;-)

race aficionado
25th June 2007, 04:09
It feels soooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes! to all of what you've said.

oh this feels so good, specially shutting up all those neigh sayers - Juan bashers.

Juan showed us all and boy was it fun to watch.

and no stinking yellows at the end to affect the outcome - all clean and gutsy.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool
:s mokin:

weeflyonthewall
25th June 2007, 05:31
Good run by JPM and Robby Gordon.

Roamy
25th June 2007, 06:06
A real drive for a change - A severe ass kicking 32 to 1st and he passed his way there.

great job JPM

F1boat
25th June 2007, 08:08
Bravo, JPM!!!

DonnieDarco
25th June 2007, 09:05
Well done JPM!!!!!!!!!!! :D Great result, and for once, he did as he was told ;) I'm very happy this rainy Monday morning, but I have to wait until 12.30am tonight to catch a measly glimpse :D

JPMfan
25th June 2007, 10:44
What a race and what a result, fantastic!!

And you know what was even better?

Along the way to the front he managed to give that prick Kurt a special love tab, which was priceless and served him right.

He's learning fast so rednecks, watch out!!

jeffmr2
25th June 2007, 10:53
Nice win but he still cant get the job done on an oval

XR8
25th June 2007, 10:58
Yeah but he did have an advantage! He was driving a DODGE!

DonnieDarco
25th June 2007, 11:08

Oh, do shut up!!! :p : Its his rookie year, ffs! Jeez, some people :D

BenRoethig
25th June 2007, 12:40
What a race and what a result, fantastic!!

And you know what was even better?

Along the way to the front he managed to give that prick Kurt a special love tab, which was priceless and served him right.

He's learning fast so rednecks, watch out!!

1. Like I said before, it was a great job, but it came as a result of race strategy, fuel mileage, and a lot of luck. On the track he was maybe a top 10-15 car.

2. Don't ever use redneck again, ever.

jeffmr2
25th June 2007, 12:50
Oh, do shut up!!! :p : Its his rookie year, ffs! Jeez, some people :D

Sorry i just couldnt resist having a dig just for the hell as my fave driver constantly gets slagged off on here :)
I actually like montoya,he brought some life to f1,i'll be more impressed tho when he gets his first oval win.

JPMfan
25th June 2007, 13:01
1. Like I said before, it was a great job, but it came as a result of race strategy, fuel mileage, and a lot of luck. On the track he was maybe a top 10-15 car.

2. Don't ever use redneck again, ever.

I guess good driving never was any factor in it eh ?!

There was nothing lucky about the pass he made on McMurray, fine like a knife through butter. Furthermore there wasn't anyone out there with a better brake control than Juan.

When you look at the whole weekend Juan had definately a top-5 car, he only screwed up qualifying.

You yanks got taught a road-racing lesson yesterday.

DonnieDarco
25th June 2007, 14:32
Sorry i just couldnt resist having a dig just for the hell as my fave driver constantly gets slagged off on here :)
I actually like montoya,he brought some life to f1,i'll be more impressed tho when he gets his first oval win.

Yeah, I know what you mean :D It'll be a major deal when JPM gets his first oval win, but I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon.

I have no doubt that it will happen, however :D

BenRoethig
25th June 2007, 16:00
I guess good driving never was any factor in it eh ?!

There was nothing lucky about the pass he made on McMurray, fine like a knife through butter. Furthermore there wasn't anyone out there with a better brake control than Juan.

When you look at the whole weekend Juan had definately a top-5 car, he only screwed up qualifying.

You yanks got taught a road-racing lesson yesterday.

You didn't bother to watch Stewart before the pitstop, did you?

BenRoethig
25th June 2007, 16:07
Yeah, I know what you mean :D It'll be a major deal when JPM gets his first oval win, but I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon.

I have no doubt that it will happen, however :D

I think it will happen a lot sooner than you think.

rabf1
25th June 2007, 16:19
The "problem" with the ovals for JPM is the car, not him.

luvracin
25th June 2007, 16:22

Luck is as important as skill in motorsport. Every successful driver will agree. It takes nothing away from the success.

oh. and well done JPM. :)

rlenis
25th June 2007, 16:24
You didn't bother to watch Stewart before the pitstop, did you?
you put Montoya in a Gibbs or Hendricks chevy and he'll become unbeatable.., his car was underpowered compared to the top guys...
JPM was awesome to watch yesterday... He outsmarted (saving fuel) and outraced (fantastic pass on turn 2) Jammie and Harvick, when everyone thought at the middle of the race that he was about to break his car because he was overdriving it.. The colombian really knows what he's doing when he is behind the wheel...

Storm
25th June 2007, 17:01
Bravo Juan Pablo !!

I watched a NASCAR race after a very long time....and I saw the right race..a road race track and Montoya winning it :up: :)

race aficionado
25th June 2007, 17:27
Bravo Juan Pablo !!

I watched a NASCAR race after a very long time....and I saw the right race..a road race track and Montoya winning it :up: :)

I'm glad you saw it Storm.
It was a treat.
Also, don't you find it cool that cars can actually touch and bump and not blow up into carborn fiber pieces?
Also, I hope they run more road course races. I'm learnig to like ovals and appreciate all their differences and qualities - but boy, road races with those clumsy looking cars that are going way fast is very cool.

trumperZ06
25th June 2007, 18:04
:D Been waiting for you to chime in RA...

Y'all must have had some PARTY...

after Juan Pablo's win yesterday !!! ;)

tstran17_88
25th June 2007, 18:17
Congrats to JPM!!! Good win for him & his team!

e2mtt
25th June 2007, 18:17
I'm glad you saw it Storm.
It was a treat.
Also, don't you find it cool that cars can actually touch and bump and not blow up into carborn fiber pieces?
Also, I hope they run more road course races. I'm learnig to like ovals and appreciate all their differences and qualities - but boy, road races with those clumsy looking cars that are going way fast is very cool.

I agree. Road racing is awesome. I just wish they did more of it, but I doubt NASCAR will ever go to more then just 2 races. (In fact, a lot of the biggest fans of NASCAR, including here on the forum, don't like them at all.)

tstran17_88
25th June 2007, 18:22
you put Montoya in a Gibbs or Hendricks chevy and he'll become unbeatable.., his car was underpowered compared to the top guys... Really? That's why Gordon, Johnson, Stewart & Hamlin are unbeatable too! :rolleyes:

tstran17_88
25th June 2007, 18:23
The "problem" with the ovals for JPM is the car, not him.Not sure I'd go that far. Granted the Chipster hasn't had a ton of success in NASCAR, but JPM has been his own worst enemy at times on the ovals. Generally when you see tire failure at Michigan, it's because the driver is abusing the equipment.

ACTF_ZETT
25th June 2007, 18:24

Correction, he already got the job done on THE oval, and won the Indianapolis 500. Nothing he does for the rest of his career can raise the bar any higher than that.

race aficionado
25th June 2007, 18:54
:D Been waiting for you to chime in RA...

Y'all must have had some PARTY...

after Juan Pablo's win yesterday !!! ;)

I've been having a ball.
Just reading on all the forums I can get into and it's amazing how many people are so polarized with Juan. Many of course are enjoying the ride and many others just can't stand that he is doing well at all - and of course it's hallariouse to see the excuses they come up with because he ended in front of their fave drivers.

any way . . . back to the topic.

that was a jewel of a ride Juan had yesterday.

race

Mark in Oshawa
25th June 2007, 20:52
It was a great run by Juan and I think he outdid my expecations for him. Contrary to what people think, winning a road course race in the Cup series by someone with road racing experience has not really been done by a "ringer" since Dan Gurney at Riverside. The Cup drivers ARE good road racers. Tony Stewart had the flu at the Glen a few years back, was like death warmed over and sick in his suit, yet he held off Ron Fellows in a pure duel of speed for over 20 laps. Ron is no slouch in any race car has been in, and is one of the smoothest road race drivers out there, with a lot of experience in heavy tintops. Yet Tony handled him. The top 10 Cup drivers are every bit as proficient at this type of racing as any ringer for the most part. So Lets not be silly here and say JPM is head and shoulders above. He is however their equal and maybe a smidge better, and he had a crew chief get him in and out at the right time to take advantage of the situation. He took advantage of what was given him, and he drove smoothly and well to win. That said, he just as easy could have lost. There is more to this than just driving your balls off, for many great road racers have come in and showed great speed and skill, and never beat a Cup regular in over 30 years. JPM just showed what we all knew, that he is as good if not a hair better at this turning right stuff then anyone who was there yesterday. Now, back to the ovals, and Ganassi has to get a good car under him. They have not been on the program so far on a consistent basis and if JPM was on a top team, maybe he would be looking at the Chase right now. I don't think he will on an oval this year, but if he keeps his head, he will get top 10's and do well. He just has to realize that NASCAR is more about preserving your equipment when the setup is off, and getting the car in the sweetspot on long runs. IF he realizes this skill of car management, then we will see him in Victory Lane at some place besides Infineon and the Glen. We shoudn't be surprised he did well here, but a win is always an accomplishment and he did the little things right. He has that immense skill that got him to f1. Now he has to harness a different skill, for NASCAR is all about survival.....

rlenis
25th June 2007, 20:59
Really? That's why Gordon, Johnson, Stewart & Hamlin are unbeatable too! :rolleyes:

pretty much on a road course yest until Juan arrived..

jeffmr2
25th June 2007, 21:05
Correction, he already got the job done on THE oval, and won the Indianapolis 500. Nothing he does for the rest of his career can raise the bar any higher than that.

I take youre point i should have been more specific but i was talking in context of nascar not open wheel racing.
I would have thought his monaco grand prix win is far more prestigous than the indy 500.

Alexamateo
25th June 2007, 21:59
Mark, good post and I agree. I do think the last non-regular "ringer" to win on a road course was Mark Donohue back in 1973 in Roger Penske's Matador. Gurney's last win was almost 40 years ago in 1968

Lee Roy
25th June 2007, 22:11
I take youre point i should have been more specific but i was talking in context of nascar not open wheel racing.
I would have thought his monaco grand prix win is far more prestigous than the indy 500.

It is. As is the Nextel Cup Championship and the Daytona 500.

Lee Roy
25th June 2007, 22:13
Luck is as important as skill in motorsport. Every successful driver will agree. It takes nothing away from the success.

oh. and well done JPM. :)

The best definition I've ever seen for "luck" is: when preperation meets opportunity.

Yesterday, a lifetime of preperation met an opportunity.

Mark in Oshawa
26th June 2007, 00:04
Lee Roy, you have it right on this one, preparation and skill met opportunity.

Whatever one thinks of JPM, they know he will be a factor on the two road courses. As time goes on, I think the ovals will be more to his liking....and then the fun really begins..

tstran17_88
26th June 2007, 18:39
pretty much on a road course yest until Juan arrived..

Oh, so we were only talking specifically about road courses? My apologies.

rlenis
26th June 2007, 21:18
yes, In ovals you have about 6-15 guys with a chance in winning.
On a road courses, based on results from the last 10 years, it's always been the same guys winning and now we just add Juan Pablo to that list.

wbcobrar
27th June 2007, 00:36
Good job J.P.M. . As far as luck , every NASCAR win requires a ton of luck , but like they say the more you pratice the luckier you get . Oval wins will come , he's to good a driver for them not to , but i think he's established himself as a perennial favorite on the twisties .

Rantanamo
27th June 2007, 01:23
JPM was pretty salty on the ovals in CART. I believe its Cheap's car that is the problem. He has the temperment and skills to win a Nextel Cup, but NASCAR is every bit as much about the car as F1 and that is a problem.

race aficionado
28th June 2007, 14:51
if you wish, check this article about JPM.
I liked it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070627/ap_on_sp_au_ra_ne/car_nascar_juan_s_world_2

F1boat
29th June 2007, 18:01
Great article!

jslone
3rd July 2007, 03:26
Lets see him when he wins on an oval in Cup.Not the same thing he did in Champcar.A win is a win though no matter what.I am glad he won.