PDA

View Full Version : World's Best April Fool?

Hazell B
22nd June 2007, 21:35
What was the best April Fool joke you've heard of?

Reading our local newspaper this morning, I found they'd again fallen for SEAT's 'driverless Touring Car' story and reprinted it's details and lap times for April 1st this year in their motoring section.

Good old SEAT, if you hadn't heard about it, invented a story about a remote controlled car that happened to beat Plato and Turner's lap times at Rockingham, so they planned to enter it at Brands in the BTCC on April 1st this year .... and our paper printed it at the time and then again this week.

:rotflmao:

Feeling shame for the poor editor, I called her this afternoon and mentioned she may, perhaps, have slightly fallen for a joke :p : She took it well and laughed when she read it back to herself, then said it was simply a matter of printing what SEAT sent because they were a trusted company and she never would have known it was a fabrication :laugh:

The fact that it's June might just help her hide her red face :D

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd June 2007, 21:56
I remember one April fools morning when I woke up I believed a story on GMTV about cows producing fruit flavored milk depending on what they were fed on.

It was early in the morning :dozey:

Drew
22nd June 2007, 22:32
Hazell you made me second look at the calendar :dozey:

Spaghetti growing on trees, brilliant :up:

Captain VXR
23rd June 2007, 09:28
Horses being spray painted lime green in our local news a couple of years ago :D

Hazell B
23rd June 2007, 21:06
Hazell you made me second look at the calendar :dozey:

It was an unintentional April Fool :p :

Spaghetti growing on trees, brilliant :up:

That's always been my favourite, too.
My parents fell for it :rolleyes:

LeonBrooke
24th June 2007, 08:54
Tinsel comes from mines.

It's true.

J4MIE
24th June 2007, 22:54
Someone played a joke on me once that the tooth fairy wasn't real. That was a classic!! :D :up:

Drew
24th June 2007, 23:04
That's always been my favourite, too.
My parents fell for it :rolleyes:

Had I been alive at the time, I would have fallen for it. But since I saw it on a programme years later and them having said that it wasn't real, spoilt it for me :p :

Bezza
24th June 2007, 23:04
Best one was Holly when he pretended to be Queeg who made the crewmembers actually work, exercise and look after the ship. Queeg then deleted Holly, but then he re-appeared with the immortal line:

"We are talking April, May, June, July and August Fool!"

Rollo
25th June 2007, 00:04
I've heard stories that Gordon Brown might be Prime Minister of the UK... what that wasn't an April Fool's joke?

Oh ****