PDA

View Full Version : If we could only get in pole position

mstillhere
19th June 2007, 01:09
I totally agree with the following article:http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=39702. After all Kimi did own the fastest lap on the track. I don't know how the Macca were able to make their tires work better than Ferrari (despite the initial Ferrari advantage) but if Ferrari were to figure it out and do better obviously, everything would be totally different.
Get a GRIP, Ferrari.

jso1985
19th June 2007, 01:15
sounds easy...

but it's not, I don't think Ferrari could win now by only getting a pole position(unless it means that by getting it they've closed the gap)

nigelred5
19th June 2007, 01:37
Is Ross rested up enough yet?

Valve Bounce
19th June 2007, 01:39
I totally agree with the following article:http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=39702. After all Kimi did own the fastest lap on the track. I don't know how the Macca were able to make their tires work better than Ferrari (despite the initial Ferrari advantage) but if Ferrari were to figure it out and do better obviously, everything would be totally different.
Get a GRIP, Ferrari.

It can be argued that If Super Aguri could get their cars on the front row, then they'd have a good chance of winning also. :rolleyes;

mstillhere
19th June 2007, 02:20
It can be argued that If Super Aguri could get their cars on the front row, then they'd have a good chance of winning also. :rolleyes;

I know you are kidding........right??? BUT you are getting the jist of it. passing in F1, last time I checked not the easiest thing to do. Look at Alonso yesterday. He had the faster car and still not able to pass LH. That's I think even more important than developping a new engine. The tires, man. Did not Ferrari have the same issue with tires a couple of years ago, when the Michelins were still around? Man, sometimes, somethings never change.

jso1985
19th June 2007, 02:37
maybe they can't get on pole because THEIR CAR IS SLOWER??

I truly understand Valve's point

Valve Bounce
19th June 2007, 02:40
I know you are kidding........right??? BUT you are getting the jist of it. passing in F1, last time I checked not the easiest thing to do. Look at Alonso yesterday. He had the faster car and still not able to pass LH. That's I think even more important than developping a new engine. The tires, man. Did not Ferrari have the same issue with tires a couple of years ago, when the Michelins were still around? Man, sometimes, somethings never change.

Jest, making a point. :p :
But if any team can get their cars to qualify on the front row, then their cars would have a damn good chance of winning; and this applies to Williams, Red Bull or even Super Aguri next year when they can get their hands on the new Honda Works cars.

However, one must consider the resources of the teams who are well funded, and managed, and it would be difficult to unseat Ferrari or McLaren.

mstillhere
19th June 2007, 04:19
maybe they can't get on pole because THEIR CAR IS SLOWER??

I am not so sure about that, since Kimi DID drive the fastest lap

Valve Bounce
19th June 2007, 04:25
I am not so sure about that, since Kimi DID drive the fastest lap

One fastest lap does not a Swallow make. :p :

f1rocks
19th June 2007, 04:34
I believe that the Ferrari is quite a decent car. However drivers are not upto the mark. Kimi was stuck behind Heiki for 25 laps on a comparatively lighter fuel load. He made no attempt at all to get by...Massa has improved but he just isnt good enough.

None of them have the MS like fighting qualities in an inferior car like 98 etc...Sometimes a driver has to put in that extra effort to make the difference. He cant just rely on a superior car to make the difference..

Ferrari should have continued with the MS, Massa combination. MS was most of the times about half a second quicker than Massa in quali last year. That is what Ferrari needs this year...They should have made all attempts to not let him retire...

Kimi has been a bad investment as he cant even beat Massa consistently...

Hawkmoon
19th June 2007, 04:46
When you consider that every race this year has been won by the driver that leads after turn 1 then I'd say Kimi has a point. The best way to get into turn 1 first is to start from the front, no?

f1rocks
19th June 2007, 04:58
When you consider that every race this year has been won by the driver that leads after turn 1 then I'd say Kimi has a point. The best way to get into turn 1 first is to start from the front, no?

Then what is preventing him from doing that. Even if he is lighter I very much doubt that he can beat the Macs...I think Ferrari people know that their drivers cant put in that extra bit of effort. So they go the safe route to qualify heavy and hope that Mclaren screw up..

If the car is superior then the 2 Ferrari drivers will give results..Otherwise it seems like another dark age period for Ferrari unless they build a F2004 type car again...

Ian McC
19th June 2007, 07:50
I don't think Kimi getting pole would be enough, judging by his poor recent starts.