PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull & Torro Rosso

WelshLegend
18th June 2007, 22:44
How come the Torro Rosso cars are so much of the pace in comparison to the Red Bull cars?
I thought that the cars were the same but with different (but good engines).
Can anyone shed any light on this?

WelshLegend :D

millencolin
19th June 2007, 01:29
same chassis originally but i think its different development rates... red bull's cars have a faster rate of development than the ToroRossos

but i may be wrong

nigelred5
19th June 2007, 01:36
Renaut engines vs Ferrari engines. Seamless shift vs the regular TR box. As millencoln stated, The basic chassis was the same, however there are differences. Different development rates, different budgets, different personnel and quite honestly, different and much less accomplished drivers at the wheel at TR. We really don't know how fast Liuzzi and Speed are. I'd like to see the two teams swap drivers and see how the speeds compared.

Valve Bounce
19th June 2007, 01:41
.................then, of course, there's Adrian Newey...........

johnny shell
19th June 2007, 13:23
Speed did mention that RB had some cool new parts that STR wouldn't be getting 'till france....

and other than that I think it mostly comes down to the engines, as Indy is a circuit that really rewards HP.....

Valve Bounce
19th June 2007, 14:03
I also think that the guys driving Red Bull get more of that goop to drink. :eek:

ioan
19th June 2007, 15:59
and other than that I think it mostly comes down to the engines, as Indy is a circuit that really rewards HP.....

Because you believe that the Renault engine has more HP than the Ferrari one? :eek:

johnny shell
19th June 2007, 16:00
I thought that was weird too... but I read it somewhere.

and maybe Renault's seamless shift has something to do with it too?

trumperZ06
19th June 2007, 16:41
:dozey: There have been COOLING issues with other constructor's... who have used Ferrari engines. This causes problems with both the radiator's placement and aerodynamics.

;) As I recall... Newey insisted that the Renault engine go to the Red Bull car... even over Ferrari's protesting !!!

BTCC2
19th June 2007, 16:53
Well, David Coulthard and Mark Webber are significantly better than Scott Speed and Vitantonio Liuzzi.

ioan
19th June 2007, 17:00
:dozey: There have been COOLING issues with other constructor's... who have used Ferrari engines. This causes problems with both the radiator's placement and aerodynamics.

;) As I recall... Newey insisted that the Renault engine go to the Red Bull car... even over Ferrari's protesting !!!

There might have been cooling problems in the past when they were running the engines on the limit, but now with the engines limited to 19000 rpm I believe those problems are gone, and given how smaller the Ferrari rear cowling is this season compared to last season I would say I'm right.

trumperZ06
19th June 2007, 17:58
There might have been cooling problems in the past when they were running the engines on the limit, but now with the engines limited to 19000 rpm I believe those problems are gone, and given how smaller the Ferrari rear cowling is this season compared to last season I would say I'm right.

:p : Pfffft.... and I was beginning to think you had matured !!! :rolleyes:

;) Newey wanted the Renault engine in the Red Bull car... and that was NOT due to the Renault havng a power advantage !!!

ioan
19th June 2007, 18:24
:p : Pfffft.... and I was beginning to think you had matured !!! :rolleyes:

Well I gave up on you maturing a long time ago, so there are no hard feelings on my part! :p : :D

teamsuperimu
19th June 2007, 18:46
STR is a much smaller organization that RBR so development takes longer. Plus, I'm sure the Austrian home office doesn't want a "Honda v Team Super Friends" situation.

jens
19th June 2007, 20:06
Berger has said that they haven't had a chance to do much testing and their car is pretty much "green" (or greener than Red Bull's). Red Bull's car is Newey's main project. The main concept of both teams' cars has been the same or at least similar, but it doesn't mean they have developed it equally. Toro Rosso was, is and will stay behind Red Bull as a B-team. However great Red Bull is going to be in the next few years, I don't expect Toro Rosso to do any wonders except a few points regardless of who would be driving for them.

In lower series teams also arguably have equal chassises, but are they equal? No! Better-funded teams still manage to get more out of their cars.