PDA

View Full Version : Jarrett could be realeased by MWR

RaikkonenRules
13th June 2007, 12:47
There are rumours on that Dale Jarrett's future in the #44 is being reevalutaed. Jarrett has failed to quaily three times in the fives races since using up all of his champ provisionals.

Also Terry Labonte might be running at Infineon in the #55.

dwboogityfan
13th June 2007, 13:45
DJ is a legend and it is a shame his move to MWR has turned out like this. UPS can't be happy and perhaps Mikey could put someone with links to Toyota like Johnny Benson or Mike Skinner in the car. I hope DJ continues and starts to improve though.
It just shows how solid Reutimann has been that he has out performed a former champ and a two time Daytona 500 winner.

colinspooky
13th June 2007, 14:18
What's Mr Waltrip's qualifying record again? :confused:

blakebeatty
13th June 2007, 14:24
If I remember correctly it is poor.

But Jarret's would have been qualifying would have been nearly as bad without the CP. 4-5 starts i think

BenRoethig
14th June 2007, 02:14
If anyone needs to be fired, its Mikey. He does not have what it takes to be a Nextel Cup Owner.

Old3Fan
14th June 2007, 18:18
If anyone needs to be fired, its Mikey. He does not have what it takes to be a Nextel Cup Owner.

Hey, if you want to go by records then half of the series owners ought to be fired. He had the opportunity, he had the money or got it or both, He is nearing the end of his driving career, and he wants to be a part of Nascar. I say go for it Michael. When Nascar allows Toyota to use the engines they are now using in the truck series like GM, Dodge and Ford are then things will be looking up. You can maybe worry about Michael and his future but I will place my money on Toyota coming through, and soon.

call_me_andrew
14th June 2007, 21:23
When Nascar allows Toyota to use the engines they are now using in the truck series like GM, Dodge and Ford are then things will be looking up.

Actually, that won't happen. NASCAR wants Toyota to replace the truck engines with the current cup engines.

racingrivalsDOT
15th June 2007, 16:48
DJ should go back to Ford

tstran17_88
15th June 2007, 19:00
Jarrett could leave MWR? UPDATE 2: XM Radio reported on Sunday that #44-Dale Jarrett, Michael Waltrip Racing and Toyota were re-evaluating Jarrett’s future with the team and could release him outright or sending him to a different Toyota team, either a current team or one that could switch to Toyota next season.(Ford Racing site)
UPDATE: the Ford Racing site had the above posted, but removed it without explanation or update for a bad rumor, supposedly XMRadio said it was never aired. and now it is back [on 6-12-2007] but reworded as: According to sources Dale Jarrett, Michael Waltrip Racing and Toyota were re-evaluating Jarrett’s future with the team and could release him outright or sending him to a different Toyota team, either a current team or one that could switch to Toyota next season.(6-11-2007)
UPDATE 2: Michael Waltrip failed to qualify at Pocono, making it 12 DNQs in 14 races this season, and adding more fuel to the fires of speculation surrounding his team. Unconfirmed reports continue to circulate about Waltrip refunding between $300,000 and $400,000 per missed race to his sponsor, NAPA Auto Parts, and about the unhappiness of Dale Jarrett’s sponsor, UPS. Jarrett also failed to make Sunday’s race -- his third DNQ in the last five events -- and there is talk in the Nextel Cup garage that he could be released by MWR, or moved to another operation. As a team, Waltrip, Jarrett and rookie David Reutimann have qualified just 22 times in 42 attempts this season.(Motorsports Soapbox/Dave Moody)(6-12-2007)

BobbyC
15th June 2007, 21:53
Another miss for DJ, and this time in heartbreaking fashion . . . bumped out in the last minute by a fellow Toyota camp member (Blaney).

Mikey made it in firmly.

Should be interesting to see Texas Terry, and DJ teach Reutimann how to race at Infineon. We could see all three cars make it there -- and no provisional for Terry.

jslone
16th June 2007, 06:10
Another miss for DJ and he is the scapegoat for MWR?When you think aboujt it,all the teams cars have sucked bigtime,DJ is the only one with a title on that team.But as much as I like him,I think he has lost a step or 2.In addition to having crappy cars.

Cindy_AL
16th June 2007, 13:58
Please let DJ go......he has much more talent than to be held back week after week having to drive crap cars for MWR. :(

blakebeatty
16th June 2007, 14:46
Yeah I agree with Cindy... Jarrett should hope for a release

Sparky1329
16th June 2007, 15:19
It's painful to watch. DJ deserves better.

dont_be_jack
16th June 2007, 15:27
DJ didn't even have a good season last year in Fords, so how much of it is his decreasing skills?

tassiedevilAB
16th June 2007, 16:27
Spot on don't be jack, he is not doing his rep, any good in that team, but he was the one that wanted to go to MWR, he was good but it is time for new talent to shine in the cup series & DJ & MIKIE WOULD BE BETTER TO BOW OUT GRACEFULLY RATHER THAN TO HANG ON TOO LONG.

DJ was a good driver & a champ, let's just leave it at that & remember the good times rather than the Bad ones!

How much money does DJ HAVE TO EARN to really be happy?

Sparky1329
16th June 2007, 22:11
DJ didn't even have a good season last year in Fords, so how much of it is his decreasing skills?

How much of it was/is Yates junk?

blakebeatty
16th June 2007, 22:38
Yates equipment is garbage, but during the Jarrett stint he did buy Roush chassis, and with the Roush/Yates engine package, provided Jarrett with what was basically a Roush car. And Jarrett stunk in that too...

dont_be_jack
17th June 2007, 01:19
Yates has had good equipment in the past. The last few years they haven't. But considering that he hasn't been that good in 3-4 years it's more than just equipment. He's past his time.

Sparky1329
17th June 2007, 05:11
Yates equipment is garbage, but during the Jarrett stint he did buy Roush chassis, and with the Roush/Yates engine package, provided Jarrett with what was basically a Roush car. And Jarrett stunk in that too...

Maybe so but the Roush chassis doesn't seem to have helped Yates even with two new drivers. I think DJ has been pretty high maintenance for the past three years. He has gone through crew chiefs like toilet paper. You still have to wonder if it's the driver or the equipment. IMHO he has a snowball's chance in h-e-double hockey sticks with the stuff he's driving now. It's pitiful.

blakebeatty
17th June 2007, 05:21
I don't know if he is still using Roush chassis, i think it was a short term experiment to comare Roush to Yates fords and account for the differences. I could be wrong though.

Sparky1329
17th June 2007, 05:30
I know they formed an alliance of sorts with their engine and chassis stuff. It doesn't seem to have helped either program all that much.

blakebeatty
17th June 2007, 05:42
The shocking fact that came up on Friday was that this weekend is Carl Edwards 100th start, and he has gone 52 races without a win! Thats HALF HIS CAREER!!!!!!!

Roush has completely dropped the ball.

dont_be_jack
17th June 2007, 16:08
The shocking fact that came up on Friday was that this weekend is Carl Edwards 100th start, and he has gone 52 races without a win! Thats HALF HIS CAREER!!!!!!!

Roush has completely dropped the ball.

Yes, if there's one team that I wouldn't want to move to it would be Roush. They haven't been strong in three years and have really fallen off.